The Race Place

The Beach strikes again Rusty!

Happy Sunrise

4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

My thoughts are there are a lot of good people train out at The Beach.

Eg the Hopes.

4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

You tend to think everything out there is a rort.

I do not

I think the likes of Alford and Kerr have demonstrated the same ability to dramatically change a horse's ability.

Therefore I am very suspect when I see Stella's delight win.

I disagree with you because it is detrimental to harness racing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rusty said:

Thanks Happy for your post, and sharing your observations. They are important, but it's almost like noone, or at least not many people care too much about this b/s, or they are just too scared to pass comment. 

Too bu$y getting on and getting plenty ?

Edited by Purple Parsnip

Hi Happy

How you can place those scoundrels in with a thoroughly professional outfit like the top trainers are is ridiculous.

Those cheats got found out and were exposed for what they were, cheats.

Then again, no one is squeaky clean…….RJ Dunn served time out for DMSO with Defoe in Aussie I think, and M Purdon did his time for Blue Magic.

But to group all those together(, those three you mentioned are nowhere in the same league as the other one), draws a very long bow I reckon.

• Like 2

Well who else did Catherine and David Butt ( 3 Time winner NZ Champion harness Trainers ) lease boxes too then.?

They did pretty well out of this Beach training area too. Hopes as well.

Who else is there ??? I guess Regan Todd is there ? Bob Butt ? Matt Purvis ? they all do ok. sounds a smashing place .

In the hands of John Dunn today , Was NO surprise to see Stella Delight do well . Stewards should be asking questions if he didn't win with it ?? lol.....  John a little better steering than McCormick for starters......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:
24 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

In the hands of John Dunn today , Was NO surprise to see Stella Delight do well

Are you joking?

No . No joke. You put John (or Dexter) on your horse and surely , surely you could ask for 2 or 3 lengths more than average driver would get out of any horse ?? they have a balance thing like Nat that can do just that. No Joke. 

They drive many fine races on many fine horses. Getting a few lengths out of an 'experienced' maiden SHOULD be a Cinch. 

John got a bit 'off balance' with Prince Ranier just then R5... lol......  ( so ignore that one lol..)

Edited by Lightning Blue

3 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

No . No joke. You put John (or Dexter) on your horse and surely , surely you could ask for 2 or 3 lengths more than average driver would get out of any horse ?? they have a balance thing like Nat that can do just that. No Joke. 

They drive many fine races on many fine horses. Getting a few lengths out of an 'experienced' maiden SHOULD be a Cinch.

I think you miss the point.

Stella was looking for 9 or 10 lengths.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think you miss the point.

Stella was looking for 9 or 10 lengths.

You miss the point . She could go 9-10 lengths SLOWER today and still win. 

They went 2.4 mile rate  with last 1/2 60 seconds.

Bit easier (No, make that WAAAAY easier)  than 58 second halfs and chasing them at Addington and Ashburton. 

Horse was a respectable 5th to Republican Party I see (without John ). So I even had something on it today.

Thank you very much for the tip and keen observation !!

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Because the transformation of horses follows exactly the same pattern.

Happy, you are wasting your time on the likes of LB and Blackie. They are symptomatic of the problems that harness has found itself in . Everything squeaky clean and above board in their minds, each to their own.

3 minutes ago, Addington said:

you are wasting your time on the likes of LB and Blackie. They are symptomatic of the problems

Well thats a bit rude. Someone is trying to create problems and it ain't Blackie and I....  What have we done ?

1 ) said that Robert and John Dunn get good results (and gave examples)

2) said that horse could win today fine (and gave a valid reason just above)

3) said that yeah it's great to have plunges on horses that you think can win. Some owners love it. Punters love it. Bookies love it too,!!!!   when it doesn't come off  lol.......

I feel like I HAVE NO PROBLEM . but thanks for your concern.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Addington said:

, each to their own.

Indeed.

I have watched a lot of harness through gambling in the last 10 years and many years of watching before that.

Harness has changed with the coming of the likes of Kerr etc. There is something systematically wrong with the transformation of horses. 

When you put this together with its other problems that seem to be whitewashed only a person who doesn't pay enough attention would say everything is dandy.

It is bullshit what happened today.

Happy, with your observations , you should be making a fortune following the money trail. If you can spot that $ movement like you did , then if I was a punter, I’d jump on. Sometimes it comes off, and sometimes it doesn’t, that’s racing.

Just saying that mare today needed all favours to get home, probably not a lot left there.

Just my observations.

If you had POSITIVE swabs all over the place then you would have problems..........  

Horses having bets (plunges) on them ??  Is a good thing . all part of the parcel . (esp. gallops).

Last century the race fixing and horse tampering was waay worse than what you see these days. 'tame as' nowadays Happy. They have Fab testing systems. you get away with jack-shit.

It's great that you are out-raged by the few like Alford and that , that are caught. shows you care. onya mate...

12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Nothing Happy Sunrise has put forward has been backed up with any facts, and is all innuendo, until then…

The facts are it's terrible form. 

Another fact is time, in the space of a week, 2 weeks max, it can be vastly improved and beat some ok maidens.

Fact, the only other horses who are transformed like this are Kerr and Alford.

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Happy, with your observations , you should be making a fortune following the money trail. If you can spot that $ movement like you did , then if I was a punter, I’d jump on. Sometimes it comes off, and sometimes it doesn’t, that’s racing.

That is not the point. 

There is a much bigger picture involved.

Happy.

Just breathe mate, life’s to short.

I’m vested in this industry, been a whole lifetime, been out there amongst it, don’t bet because you know what can go wrong, know what goes on, and call it as I see it, governance would be the single biggest problem IMHO, be nice to have some strong independent leadership.