The Race Place

The Beach strikes again Rusty!

Happy Sunrise

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The facts are it's terrible form. 

Another fact is time, in the space of a week, 2 weeks max, it can be vastly improved and beat some ok maidens.

Fact, the only other horses who are transformed like this are Kerr and Alford.

Happy, if the top trainers find something wrong, the turn around can be that quick, it’s that simple, the horse is fit, just needs some fine tuning, get a horse sound and the results come.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Happy, if the top trainers find something wrong, the turn around can be that quick, it’s that simple, the horse is fit, just needs some fine tuning, get a horse sound and the results come.

It's that simple?

I look forward to the stipes report.

I will hold my own view on this and will desist from more comment.

Ok want to approach this from a balanced viewpoint.

Never been suss of the Dunns. Had always thought they were consistent. Infact was really pleased they won the trainers premiership when they did. Went to someone new for a change.

Love that they do not stable drive. (Some love this I don’t - from what Iv observed they don’t do it).

J Dunn has now moved up onto my top 5 drivers list along with his bro D Dunn. Having a great driver onboard can really make a difference.

Blackie has also brought up a point re they have some type of history of fixing prob horses with injuries or issues. (This is a really good point).

Based on the fact they are already TOP its hard to understand why they would want to do anything that may result in ruining that.

An Oz journo published an article which I openly said I thought was wrong, writing a rumour that was circulating in Aus.

Blakie you mentioned in your initial post that a horse cannot run faster. This is inaccurate. If you take look at my last post on the Stem Cell thread you will see a witness whom doped their horse testified to verify that YES the horse ran faster.

Lightning re TOP trainers re Telfers, these are trainers whom to my mind have a wholesome honest business. No I wouldn’t agree with your statement in that sending a horse to them automatically puts on lengths or improves horses. Iv never seen this from their stable. They buy horses that are well breed, race them. Same thing with Lincoln Farms - Green - again wholesome honest business image to me. Never have I seen Lincoln Farms improve a horse. They have not improved the latest that have come from Telfers, nor did they improve SmokenHotCheddar nor another 1 they had.

Interesting re has been Dunn has done before. Did not know that.

Recently you have a record breaking time re Sundees Son & stable mate 2nd. That 2nd for me was an interesting one for me. Then you have Mark Dunnett & He’s a Cassonva + I think another 1. PLUS another 1 that the hobby trainer got pulled up by the stripes for not filling a horse stable movement extension (and got fined for that). Now this 1. That for me is starting to raise a flag.

As highlighted in the New York cases. That ALL levels including the VERY TOP have been caught out for wrong-doing. (If you have been reading about it, they were going for things they DID NOT TEST FOR).

Whilst Im not saying they are doing wrong, & think we need to be careful about that, there is NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM - However the above is what is raising eyebrows & questions.

Also not cool again for owner of another site to be attacking posters from another site, when they raise questions. Not hard to figure out whom they mean. Don't think Enteebee has posted for many weeks - bar on A-Z thread. (Again someone is spreading inaccurate & mis-information). Hypocritical & again distracting & blame shifting.

@Enteebee since you have been very quiet in weeks what happened re that lawyer thing? Any follow up on that threat?

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Also not cool again for owner of another site to be attacking posters from another site, when they raise questions. Not hard to figure out whom they mean. Don't think Enteebee has posted for many weeks - bar on A-Z thread. (Again someone is spreading inaccurate & mis-information). Hypocritical & again distracting & blame shifting.

@Enteebee since you have been very quiet in weeks what happened re that lawyer thing? Any follow up on that threat?

I wont be posting my views on here as I do enough on the group I started where the lawyers get sent their screenshots from.  The lawyer was actually going to be in trouble with the law society if he pursued it as acted illegally

I am a big fan of @Happy Sunrisewho is well on to what is happening

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

I wont be posting my views on here as I do enough on the group I started where the lawyers get sent their screenshots from.  The lawyer was actually going to be in trouble with the law society if he pursued it as acted illegally

I am a big fan of @Happy Sunrisewho is well on to what is happening

Thanks for your update. Good to hear nothing at your end come about. 

Not talking to you but just a thought, wasn't Mark Dunnett trained by Negus whom trained a GREAT horse. Cant remember name. Hard to imagine him not picking something up re a niggle etc. Cant think of the name of the hobby trainer that didn't file a stable movement to Dunns when it raced & won. Anyway enuff opps meant enough from me on this.

Great to have a discussion with both points of views sounded out without peeps getting really p..ved with each other. 

Nite ALL.

Edited by karrotsishere

10 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Thanks for your update. Good to hear nothing at your end come about. 

Not talking to you but just a thought, wasn't Mark Dunnett trained by Negus whom trained a GREAT horse. Cant remember name. Hard to imagine him not picking something up re a niggle etc. Cant think of the name of the hobby trainer that didn't file a stable movement to Dunns when it raced & won. Anyway enuff opps meant enough from me on this.

Great to have a discussion with both points of views sounded out without peeps getting really p..ved with each other. 

Nite ALL.

Courage Under Fire 🙂

Matt Brinsdon trains a few but forgot to lodge it

Just like Steve Dolan forgot to say about Town Echo going to Mitchell Kerr for special treatment

see that horse now with the Dunn's - says it all really

I don't understand what you guys are trying to achieve here.

Seems Trying to turn everyone against the Dunn stable . A lot of totally embarassing Nz harness support here today. 

If they try things they are 'caught' just like anyone else. The caffiene resulted in 4 Nelson horses being disqualified 2017.

You can't carry on about a maiden running a 60 second last mile to win a maiden race ???? can you ?  

And then Grizzle because it is punted?.  com'on .. for real..Well Mark Dunnett and High Flying Harry also won this week-end , and they weren't punted from same stable . Is that a Bad thing? a good thing? or a crooked thing ? 

I'd be questioning Sundee's Son (and stable-mate 2nd)  breaking the NZ record by 4 seconds last November for big money?? What brought that Big run(s) on ? lol......   A way better performance than Stella, Harry and Mark Dunny. 

worry about the wrong things you blokes.  a vaccine residual probably.......  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Interesting re has been Dunn has done before. Did not know that.

Recently you have a record breaking time re Sundees Son & stable mate 2nd. That 2nd for me was an interesting one for me. Then you have Mark Dunnett & He’s a Cassonva + I think another 1. PLUS another 1 that the hobby trainer got pulled up by the stripes for not filling a horse stable movement extension (and got fined for that). Now this 1. That for me is starting to raise a flag.

Melina Lowe was kinda interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

All horses are running on the same track! It is relative. OMG.

At the start of the thread you were on about it's form on 'Other' tracks. (Stella's Delight)

I say it Didn't have to improve much to win today. They were gunna go 'slower' than what it has been racing at Addington /Ashburton so why wouldn't it be a chance?. (esp with good driver) Well worth a bet . !! no crooks in sight to me.....

As I said before , Horses joining a MAJOR stable are ALWAYS a great punting option. Excellent the horse struck a field it was capable of beating . AND got the job done too. All's well that ends well .....   

Rort .....  Snort...

13 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

I say it Didn't have to improve much to win today.

It is batting 1 for 23 and that was a third. If horses who have very limited ability only need to improve a bit then none would be sacked.

14 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

They were gunna go 'slower' than what it has been racing at Addington /Ashburton so why wouldn't it be a chance?

I think it is commonly accepted that horses run slower at Methven than Add or Ash. But that is for all the horses starting.

17 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Excellent the horse struck a field it was capable of beating .

On form, it wasn't. Match up Watch Me's last 5 starts against the last 5 of Stella's and tell me who you would put life on.

42 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

I'd be questioning Sundee's Son (and stable-mate 2nd)  breaking the NZ record by 4 seconds last November for big money?? What brought that Big run(s) on ? lol......   A way better performance than Stella, Harry and Mark Dunny. 

Why would you question that when you think Stella is ok? Do tell.

21 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Rort .....  Snort...

Head....Sand......

• Haha 1

It is not uncommon for a horse to be transferred to a bigger, higher strike rate, stable. It's very common. Happens multiple times every season. 

However, when this occurs the horse in question, is usually on the up, or at least shown something on the track or at home, that resembles ability. 

It's not common to have a horse that has had one third from 20 something race day starts, to be transferred to a leading stable. Especially when the horse in question has had such poor recent form, as Happy highlighted in his opening post: 

Last 4 runs:

4bk otr,wdr tn,asked,no impact (12/12)

Soon ld,no peace,on retreat 600 (12/12)

Prkd,1x1 700,grinding bid in str (11/11)

4bk otr, 3wd train, no impression (10/10)

Today's win is no surprise at all, and the divi's reflect that. 

The Stipes quite rightly asked the question regarding the improved performance, and J Dunn responded by saying the horse had "derived benefit from being trained on the beach in a larger stable environment."

Ok then. That'll do me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:
2 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Why would you question that when you think Stella is ok? Do tell.

Personal choice maybe. You, Rusty  and others keep saying question the Harry drive , the Stella bets , the Dunnett wins. (stewards, RIU , blah blah etc)

I say that race in Nov had my jaw on the floor !. where-as Stella today? well ,  I didn't bat an eyelid. 

I don't know what question to be asking who lol...... But what an incredible performance by the 2 x Dunn trotters in the Dominion. Maybe i could be asking did they get the photo ordered to put on their wall ??  totally awesome , almost scary NZ record breaking moment in time !!!!!!!!!  4 seconds ..... 

Methven maidens   , nah not so much. Take more than a bet on a Dunn maiden to worry me lol.....  lost my tenner on it though as didn't get either multi lol......  hope you got a win though. !! all the best from LB

• Confused 1