The Race Place

The Beach strikes again Rusty!

Happy Sunrise

13 hours ago, Enteebee said:

I wont be posting my views on here as I do enough on the group I started where the lawyers get sent their screenshots from.  The lawyer was actually going to be in trouble with the law society if he pursued it as acted illegally

I am a big fan of @Happy Sunrisewho is well on to what is happening

I see you are the target of a Chief cheap shot. Best ignored as per.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Purple Parsnip said:

Melina Lowe was kinda interesting. 

Searched this horse Melina Lowe - saw 1 Disqualification but under Stripes report didn’t say anything further. Says another trainer trained horse. Could you please explain a bit more?

14 hours ago, Enteebee said:

Courage Under Fire 🙂

Matt Brinsdon trains a few but forgot to lodge it

Just like Steve Dolan forgot to say about Town Echo going to Mitchell Kerr for special treatment

see that horse now with the Dunn's - says it all really

Yes Courage Under Fire. 

M Brinsdon - yes that 1. Thought was hobby trainer. Ok so he isn’t, trains a few.

As per SCREEN SHOT BELOW 27th Nov 2021. Here is stripes report failed to lodge horse movement. Mach Quillan plunged from approx $9 to $3.20 even tho the general public were NOT aware horse was at Dunn stable.

12 hours ago, Blackie said:

Disagree there Karrots, can’t give a horse speed, they either have it or they don’t….but! I’m sure you can make them run as fast , further.

Yes thats EXACTLY what I thought too, prior a few days ago. Then read this. Figured this lass has NO reason to lie & face perjury. Besides its prob ALL recorded with horses actual race performances. 

The jury heard a portion of an FBI wiretap that captured Hall excitedly telling Fishman about the first-place finish.

“I wish you could have seen the race,” Hall says to the veterinarian. “He was so fantastic. He dominated. He was a completely different animal. I was so happy.

Hall added the horse's final quarter time was 27 seconds.

What is it usually?” Fishman asks.

“Usually it's :28 or :29 and struggling,” she responds.

13 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

I'd be questioning Sundee's Son (and stable-mate 2nd)  breaking the NZ record by 4 seconds last November for big money?? What brought that Big run(s) on ? lol......  

Yes from that race is when I have noticed a changed pattern from that stable e.g. never before in North have noticed they could improve a horse. Always thought they were respected BUT not feared in North. Here some horses in past 3 ish years they have raced North be it Alex, Grass track or Mana. ALL raced normally as 1 would expect, NO noticeable betting plunges Missinmemate, Awesome Speed, Matt Damon, Mighty Looee, Lambros, Megastar, Aha Reaction, Passion & Power.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/ground-control-to-major-thomas-can-he-really-make-the-grade-without-a-whip/

This was 1 was talking about re went from Telfer to Green - no improvement yet. They trying no whip as they figured out he HATES WHIP. They had another 1 that Hated whip Lincoln Larry so no whip use for Larry either.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 9.13.42 AM.png

Edited by karrotsishere

2 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

who cant even get my name right  - always has to be right 

Had to check this out. Oh dear. Not cool. Did exactly the SAME to @Mike and @Gospel Of Judas why the need to have to POST and REVEAL posters REAL NAMES! Iv been vocal about this before. DONT LIKE IT. You weren't even posting there either. So bizarre. 

Karrots

Don’t want to get into pedantics but that horse probably always had a 27 quarter in it, just not at the end of a race before.

If a race horse can zip a quarter in 27, 28 or 29, that’s it, you know what you have, but let’s say it leaves the gate in 27 and then all of a sudden comes home in 27, we’ll, that’s what I call improvement.
The ability to hold its speed for longer, the champs have it, that top cruising speed, think Lazarus, is what those drug lords are selling. Gets rid of all that lactic acid  out of their legs so they don’t get tired, but, that’s when the average horse running on ethanol will hurt themselves, and they won’t last.
I get suspicious when an old timer or average horse grows another leg, wins in a row, then is sold.

Just my point of view, I enjoy your postings, gets us thinking.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Karrots

Don’t want to get into pedantics but that horse probably always had a 27 quarter in it, just not at the end of a race before.

If a race horse can zip a quarter in 27, 28 or 29, that’s it, you know what you have, but let’s say it leaves the gate in 27 and then all of a sudden comes home in 27, we’ll, that’s what I call improvement.
The ability to hold its speed for longer, the champs have it, that top cruising speed, think Lazarus, is what those drug lords are selling. Gets rid of all that lactic acid  out of their legs so they don’t get tired, but, that’s when the average horse running on ethanol will hurt themselves, and they won’t last.
I get suspicious when an old timer or average horse grows another leg, wins in a row, then is sold.

Just my point of view, I enjoy your postings, gets us thinking.

Cool, me too re you. Don’t want to argue with you about this as it doesn’t really bother me either way 😄

1 thing we agree on for sure is that it overall helps. And neither of us have done it so we both can’t say based off 1st hand experience lol.

Great you were the 1st who posted in defence on this thread outlined reasons, gave others whom were thinking the same to feel ok to put forward their view too. (Gotta watch that Happy lol, he's savage when he is debating with one lol) 😄 I find his posts also gives us something to think about.

Iv gotta go for the day.

Chat tomorrow 😄

image.png.bdaa28bff28172074546a1e1e58adb1e.png

Sorry for getting you mixed up with someone else.

When I saw you post this in response your old mate Field Commander I thought you must be Hunterthepunter as it is the kind of thing he says. 

Also, knowing HTP's sense of humour, I thought he could only be the one who would use the name 'far too much' Not even JJ would drag that up here. Harking back to Racecafe days to try and stir here or to identify yourself to Field Commander' who by the way, didn't let his username elsewhere fall far from the tree.

Diction is similar too, but sorry again for mixing you up.

image.png.490d01d252085ac4c02860822a6342e0.png

21 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You think that Hunter?

Even Nigel G wasn't that good despite his dubious efforts.

happy sunrise was stable mate of field commander  go work it out happy .                                                                                                    cheers Paul

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Purple Parsnip said:

Right BACK to Check-IN 

Wow thanks PP. My jaw is on ground skimming thru that - the previous multiple guilty verdicts & bluntly disrespecting rules as per charge you shared links for 😬

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember said how since day of the Dominion has been a pattern change.

As stated was normal, respected but not feared in North in past 3 ish years since Iv observed.

Just sat down to read HRNZ & saw Telfer stories. Kind of expecting to see them still at the TOP of Premiership Table. Then took at look at URDs.

The UDR of Dunns also represent a change in pattern. Most years averaged .2600-.2700. This season has gone to a Whooping .4709

Its Higher than All Stars - infact higher than ANY trainer with 20 or more starts this season.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Hunter aka Far Too Much

Knew it was you for day dot. For all the reasons Happy outlined, plus others. Pretended not to know hehe.

Dunns are your new ish trainers right. Therefore understandable you are sticking up for them & that is great, being loyal.

Lastly know said wouldn’t comment anymore BUT just did 1 last tiny bit of research AND so we already know that Negus trainer Courage Under Fire - G1 winner.

K Fairbairn trained a G1 horse named Whatsundermykilt.

Bring this up as some of these horses that have been transferred AND GAINED SUDDEN WINNING SUCCESS were none of than He’sACassanova & Mark Dunnett - trained previously by G1 WINNING TRAINERS.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.46.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.46.47 PM.png

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Lastly know said wouldn’t comment anymore BUT just did 1 last tiny bit of research AND so we already know that Negus trainer Courage Under Fire - G1 winner.

K Fairbairn trained a G1 horse named Whatsundermykilt.

Bring this up as some of these horses that have been transferred AND GAINED SUDDEN WINNING SUCCESS were none of than He’sACassanova & Mark Dunnett - trained previously by G1 WINNING TRAINERS.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.46.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.46.47 PM.png

Now that's the most bizarre reasoning I think I've ever read. Colin Calvert had a champion in Bee Bee Cee but couldn't train a ruler to lie down straight. 

26 minutes ago, Got the Trots said:

Now that's the most bizarre reasoning I think I've ever read. Colin Calvert had a champion in Bee Bee Cee but couldn't train a ruler to lie down straight. 

Ok thats cool.

Just figured both these trainers had each trained G1 winners. So figured that was quite an accomplishment in itself.

Also Fairbairns UDR from 2017 - 2019 was on average .2500 similar to what Dunns was at that time.

But yip get your point. We are going to start talking about something positive now 😄

10 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Chief just is abit special and always will. Most likely just pissed who my family are and had more successes than him. Goes  abit over his West Coast breed mind.

Well looks like the owners of this site have made Harness discussion chat PRIVATE to members ONLY. Maybe its just a temporary thing ... 

Sad that they have had to do that, but good idea guys 👍

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, karrotsishere said:
18 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Well looks like the owners of this site have made Harness discussion chat PRIVATE to members ONLY. Maybe its just a temporary thing ... 

Sad that they have had to do that, but good idea guys 👍

What a tragedy !!! is this true ? you can't see this forum anymore if in the general public? 

Thought it was a public forum? . What's the point then ? If private becomes a few Tarzans beating chest aka Profit idiot.

Maybe Jacinda got involved and asking everyone to be kind?? or did someone post something slandering people without good cause and the outside world should not see such profanity ?? lol..  Sign of the times I guess . weak ..

21 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

What a tragedy !!! is this true ? you can't see this forum anymore if in the general public? 

Thought it was a public forum? . What's the point then ? If private becomes a few Tarzans beating chest aka Profit idiot.

Maybe Jacinda got involved and asking everyone to be kind?? or did someone post something slandering people without good cause and the outside world should not see such profanity ?? lol..  Sign of the times I guess . weak ..

Lightning. Think you are still funky from yesterday. Im going to work on a fun thing for the 6 meetings but will do after 5pm. 

Lets just focus on other subjects. That was all yesterdays news. Iv tried bringing up The Race news, Auckland news, & Off and Gone good horse news. Thats all I can find atm to try and shift the subject from yesterdays topics.

Will start a thread tonight or tomorrow with some fun selections for all 😄

32 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Only harness for a while

When the site was set up, the objective was to get to where Racecafe was when it was first started by Ange and Dave.  Many talk of how enjoyable it was, not toxic like these sites can become

Now, we may not achieve that, but we will give it a try, and inter site baiting is a distraction we don't want or need.

You may notice, in addition to some rigorous debate, we have many things such as the comps, the trivia quizzes, the punting perspective threads(which are also member only to stop the outside sniping), all of which many find very enjoyable, and contribute to, including yourself in no small way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hesi said:

not toxic like these sites can become

Now, we may not achieve that, but we will give it a try, and inter site baiting is a distraction we don't want or need.

In fairness to Lightning & not talking directly to you Hesi, he has been fab with not getting previously involved in Inter-Site chatter or baiting. Think even that whole Happy heard he brought his user name up saga is very unlike Lightning & maybe misconstrued. Maybe Lightning said happy & that was taken as this Happy. Exactly what you say tho its a distraction. 

Maybe we should like make a rule NOT to bring up the other site AT ALL. No-one can or something. Or you get muted for a week or something haha. That includes me too btw folks. 

Think its a great idea for a couple weeks, just so things can calm down. And refocus on what we ALL enjoy & are passionate about. 

Edited by karrotsishere