The Race Place

The Beach strikes again Rusty!

Happy Sunrise

10 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

In fairness to Lightning & not talking directly to you Hesi, he has been fab with not getting previously involved in Inter-Site chatter or baiting. Think even that whole Happy heard he brought his user name up saga is very unlike Lightning & maybe misconstrued. Maybe Lightning said happy & that was taken as this Happy. Exactly what you say tho its a distraction. 

Maybe we should like make a rule NOT to bring up the other site AT ALL. No-one can or something. Or you get muted for a week or something haha. That includes me too btw folks. 

Think its a great idea for a couple weeks, just so things can calm down. And refocus on what we ALL enjoy & are passionate about. 

Not aimed at him at all, LB has been an awesome contributor, just nipping things in the bud.

And NO, we set the demeanour and the site runs itself, with the occasional hiccup, I'm guilty at times, but a lot less these days.  The community here sets the standards, and they don't like toxic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Not aimed at him at all, LB has been an awesome contributor, just nipping things in the bud.

And NO, we set the demeanour and the site runs itself, with the occasional hiccup, I'm guilty at times, but a lot less these days.  The community here sets the standards, and they don't like toxic

Hehe was a bit of a joke lol. Id be muted all the time lol.

Yes he is a GREAT contributor!! The TOPS. Might need his help! Iv made a list of competitors for the mega 6 meeting comp as follows below. Now just need to think of how this comp will work 🤔

Blackie

Globe

Lightening

Mike

Gospel

Josia

Purple P

Far Too Much

Enteebee

Happy

Rusty

Got the Trots

Dancing

Sir R

Wilfred

Addington

Double R

Pete

Hesi

Richie

Steve P

Smiler

Harewood

Karrots

Trotslover

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

No, just dont bring it up. The rules are set here on this site by the two great guys running it. Humble yourself and give it a miss Karrots. 👍

Maybe you could help me with this fun comp Globe. Lightning did a fun drivers thing last time. Yes I know its not on the tote. But its fun anyway. Maybe teams. Was thinking maybe numbers draw. Hmm. 

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Maybe you could help me with this fun comp Globe.

I would like to Karrots , but I have more work in retirement as a tradesman than I did before.  We have been well served by the inclusion of some passionate Harness people joining this site and I applaud it, but I shall slink into the background for the time being. Keep up the good work tho, you make it very uplifting.👍

• Like 1

Anyone else starting to see a pattern here? 

I would like to see the $150 fine ramped up to $1,000 and the "caretaker" trainer also gets whacked with it. 

If trainers are as professional as what they think they are, then there is no way they would get Dunn, sorry I mean done for it, multiple times a season. 

The current set up is another example of letting the punter down and not fully protecting their interests. Happens all too often, and when it does happen, man how good does the horse go in that race? Rarely has a bad performance, they often win, and win paying more on the tote than what they would have if the notification was formerly advised. Or to put it another way, if the rules were not broken. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

The current set up is another example of letting the punter down and not fully protecting their interests.

Punters certainly are let down with this sort of thing. 

Chuck in the crossing issue yesterday which was an animal welfare concern it was that bad who would punt on Sunday after seeing it. 

Harness has to get the basics right. Let alone, as Lightning Blue pointed the non trying of horses to save them for Sunday.

3 minutes ago, far too much said:

tom Bagrie does not train at the beach so no pattern

But it involves a horse going to J Dunn's again without being notified.

Stella's Delight's movement notification was even used by the stable as justification for its improved performance. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

as Lightning Blue pointed the non trying of horses to save them for Sunday.

It a catch 22.

As the trainers would be trying to look after their owners by getting as much stake money, and remain in same grade, but then at the same time if a horse places e.g. 2nd or 3rd, any punters that were on it for a win will be burned.

Im starting to see it now as not so much a handicappers fault but a result of smaller horse numbers North.

That intermediate grade e.g. approx R66 + many a time in North are racing FFA horses in North. Sometimes NZ Cup winners.

Think its happening in both the trotter & pacers.

Then you may have a maiden, trainer might see it of a certain ability & might want to pick up some extra stake money from placings before moving to R55 straight off the bat.

Or there might be better stake money next time round & so don't want a gut buster for your horse. Look after it today for next race Day 2.

Edited by karrotsishere

44 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

It a catch 22.

As the trainers would be trying to look after their owners by getting as much stake money, and remain in same grade, but then at the same time if a horse places e.g. 2nd or 3rd, any punters that were on it for a win will be burned.

Im starting to see it now as not so much a handicappers fault but a result of smaller horse numbers North.

That intermediate grade e.g. approx R66 + many a time in North are racing FFA horses in North. Sometimes NZ Cup winners.

Yes the handicapping makes all the difference whether you can win or not.

Last night in the small feature Trot field, Muscle Mountain starting 10m behind stablemate Midnight Dash , only caught him late on. and only had to go around one or 2 runners.

BUT how hard is THAT for 3 Year Olds ? having to take on NZ Cup winner at Auckland ?.  exceptionally hard/ harsh.

Self Assured far too good for them 

AKUTA was unplaced in attempting that , and a risk of being flattened a little? or losing confidence slightly ? quite a risk IMO going forward. 

The Hawera guys didn't want to add to their handicaps ?  etc tomorrow 2nd Day . so was quite tame racing Day 1 really. No-one wanted to 'cook ' their horse in race,  with the short back-up . ... now that is another real Catch 22.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yes the handicapping makes all the difference whether you can win or not.

Last night in the small feature Trot field, Muscle Mountain starting 10m behind stablemate Midnight Dash , only caught him late on. and only had to go around one or 2 runners.

BUT how hard is THAT for 3 Year Olds ? having to take on NZ Cup winner at Auckland ?.  exceptionally hard/ harsh.

Self Assured far too good for them 

AKUTA was unplaced in attempting that , and a risk of being flattened a little? or losing confidence slightly ? quite a risk IMO going forward. 

The Hawera guys didn't want to add to their handicaps ?  etc tomorrow 2nd Day . so was quite tame racing Day 1 really. No-one wanted to 'cook ' their horse in race,  with the short back-up . ... now that is another real Catch 22.

Yeah agree with everything you say, but I mean the rating system. Makes it hard with the smaller pool of horses. example Akuta not getting a run x2 in a row, then again same then so deciding to start which was having to run in race against Self Assured. 

Yes exactly Hawera Cup guys didn't want to add to their handicap tomorrow. 

Think Field Commander pointed out there was meant to be some graduate maiden final. Not sure if they running it. As didn't see it when looked at fields Sun. And it was meant to be for more stake. Think Field Commander eluded to maybe it being a pref barrier draw ... where maybe winners day 1 get outside draw.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, far too much said:

same as not notifying of a horse wearing blinds for the first time or colt that has been gelded  I would say just a slip up by Tommy

Actually agree it was prob, just a slip up. Not sure whose responsible for reporting the change of stable (trainer or care-taker trainer). Just with chatter going on & Profit articles eeck. Best for Dunn Stable not to have slip ups that have an association with hosting a horse, esp when its 2nd time same thing in 6 ish weeks. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1