Jump to content
The Race Place

A G Hunter Cup night . Free to Air in Oz . Ants has come on as guest host !!


Lightning Blue
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well the Racing. Com free to air TV has just started through out Oz. !!  is perfect Melbourne weather....  

SEVEN time AGHunter Cup winner Anthony Butt is giving out all sorts of info. Like he is talking to a galloping audience that knows nothing.

It's so good I'm nearly faintiing with excitement . Dam Malecki  the brilliant commentator is chipping in , and they are doing well .

Time to sign out and go and enjoy this broadcast evening.  ...  

Com'On ANTS !! win the Big One and make it a GREAT EIGHT with the amazing mare from Nz AMAZING DREAM tonight . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ex NZers 1-2-3.

Great to see in some ways.

It looks like the manifestation of what’s been going on for a while. We have turned into an excellent breeding ground for the Aussies to come and buy the best, all up and going horses. Maybe that’s what we are, just a nursery. Hard place over here to have one good enough to compete re placement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Ex NZers 1-2-3.

Great to see in some ways.

Also,the other Big Race in Aussie this weekend.

$450k West Australian Pacing Cup @ Gloucester Park.

Field of Twelve starters/with Ten NZ Bred.

Winner *WILD WEST x began NZ Career with Win @ Winton,then exported.

Runnerup *Miracle Moose x began NZ Career @ Cambridge,where he Won Twice before export.

Third* Champ Chicago Bull x also began NZ Career @ Winton,where he Won Twice before export.

Winner of 62 Races,& Member of $2million Club.

FUN FACT what do KING OF SWING..WILD WEST..CHICAGO BULL have in common?

ANSWER = B V RICHARDSON the first listed part owner of all three horses.🤑

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Ex NZers 1-2-3.

Great to see in some ways.

It looks like the manifestation of what’s been going on for a while. We have turned into an excellent breeding ground for the Aussies to come and buy the best, all up and going horses. Maybe that’s what we are, just a nursery. Hard place over here to have one good enough to compete re placement. 

Well the great news is a lot of the NZ owners are 'retaining shares' in the exported runners theses days. Minstrel in the West .

Spellbound with her huge Group 1 last night, Stylish Memphis, Spirit Of St Louis I think as well, Be My Rose won again last night for Katrina and Barry Purdon too, Alta Orlando placed in the Interdominion Final for the Dunns. So a lot of examples of PLENTY of Prizemoney still heading to NZ. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The free to Air Broadcast for 4 hours plus was super. So many drivers and trainers interviewed. some great equine performances to boot... 

The tears down the face of Nathan Purdon as young Stuart McDonald shot SPELLBOUND lengths clear in the Group 1 Ladyship. The field carrying the black armbands for tribute to the late Roy Purdon in that one. 

So many articles on harness racing, the trotters from the Great Southern Star the night before, Belinda McCarthy on the panel with Hunter Cup after ! , as was Ants early on , Andy Gath , Nathan Purdon , even young 20 yearold Jack Callaghan (who nearly took Spirit to the big race win ) Chris Alford funny as ,, as usual .  

Needless to say I'm playing the recording of the evening already as I type this !!!!!  lol.........

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even the CEO of HRNZ has seen the sense in racing a horse in Aussie that has met it's mark here, Cash N Flow being one of the earliest, still going around earning some coin, just would'nt happen here.

Sums it all up really.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well the great news is a lot of the NZ owners are 'retaining shares' in the exported runners theses days. Minstrel in the West .Spellbound with her huge Group 1 last night, Stylish Memphis, Spirit Of St Louis I think as well, Be My Rose won again last night for Katrina and Barry Purdon too, Alta Orlando placed in the Interdominion Final for the Dunns. So a lot of examples of PLENTY of Prizemoney still heading to NZ. 

A couple of others that spring to mind this weekend!

*LIKE A WILDFIRE..bred & still owned by Steve & Anne Phillips.WON $30k GROUP 3 The Pure Steel @ Melton

*AMORE VITA..bred & still owned by Steve Dolan,WON $30k GROUP 3 Garrard's Horse & Hound Chalice @ Melton

Also performing in great form for Nathan Purdon..8 runs resulting in 6 wins & 2 seconds A$157,000.🤑

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Even the CEO of HRNZ has seen the sense in racing a horse in Aussie that has met it's mark here, Cash N Flow being one of the earliest, still going around earning some coin, just would'nt happen here.Sums it all up really.

 

YES,CASH N FLOW has been more than a "Cash Cow" for CEO Woodham & Auckland Trotting Stalwarts Warren Pengelly and Fred Tong.Has bankrolled just under half a million in Aussie.

Of course,if kept solely to racing in NZ would have earned under half this amount!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah , right there Josias. Would have been 4th or 5th string in The All Stars barn , but they would'nt of kept him for that very reason anyway. He's a real grouse horse who found his niche over the ditch in short course racing with his gate speed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Ex NZers 1-2-3.

Great to see in some ways.

It looks like the manifestation of what’s been going on for a while. We have turned into an excellent breeding ground for the Aussies to come and buy the best, all up and going horses. Maybe that’s what we are, just a nursery. Hard place over here to have one good enough to compete re placement. 

Agree Blackie. N.Z. has always been a good source for horses for over 40 years. Firstly, in the late 70's onwards, there was a huge market for our horses in the USA, and they paid very good money for average horses. While there is still a market for horses in the USA, the main trading has been with Australia, and a small amount to Tahiti.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Josias said:

A couple of others that spring to mind this weekend!

*LIKE A WILDFIRE..bred & still owned by Steve & Anne Phillips.WON $30k GROUP 3 The Pure Steel @ Melton

*AMORE VITA..bred & still owned by Steve Dolan,WON $30k GROUP 3 Garrard's Horse & Hound Chalice @ Melton

Also performing in great form for Nathan Purdon..8 runs resulting in 6 wins & 2 seconds A$157,000.🤑

With Triple Eight and Be My Rose doing well lately being sent over to Aussie trainers, and now SPELLBOUND seen here smashing the Group 1 Ladyship Cup last night , No need to sell anymore ..

 

36 minutes ago, Double R said:

Agree Blackie. N.Z. has always been a good source for horses for over 40 years. Firstly, in the late 70's onwards, there was a huge market for our horses in the USA, and they paid very good money for average horses. While there is still a market for horses in the USA, the main trading has been with Australia, and a small amount to Tahiti.

Just send them over to Ant's and Nathan to train !!. Here's Nathan getting the trainers trophy last night on a wonderful first time TV broadcast. The black armbands in place there on Stuart in tribute to Roy Purdon. What a moment !!  Nathan is just recovering from the great emotion and tears in an interview moments earlier. 

DSC02696.JPG

DSC02697.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

SPELLBOUND seen here smashing the Group 1 Ladyship

Nice to see. The Witches of Eastwick are part owners and turned up at the Jewels dressed up in Witches attire. Great to see, and the horse deserves a Group win, and did it in emphatic fashion.

Thought my fav Sweet Lou was gonna get past the King, but a great run anyway.  He is turning out to be a top horse.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...