The Race Place

Harness Millions

Happy Sunrise

Yip they are running it with only 3 runners, imagine if there is a scratching ...  And Only 6 races overall yikes BUT they will all be interesting. 

The Young Guns 1st Heat will be an intriguing one. With Seve & Merlin drawing next to each other. K Marshall impressive Sweet Lou trialist gets the pole. Frankie Major who lead nearly all the way in 1st 2yo race in country draws 2. With Sooner the Bettor the other 2nd place getter following out Frankie Major. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

In 3yo Millions Franco Indie gets the drop in draw over Akuta.

Another match up between South Coast Arden and Self Assured with SCA drawn next to but inside SA.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Will they run the 3 year old trot? Are they obliged too?

Fortunately, the rest of the noms are good enough to produce some good racing.

image.thumb.png.cc0bf3cb533077ca4e3509acdbff336f.png

Shiite I might get hold of our Syndicate manager and get a late nom for Donald Trump, won his last two. Then as Happy said we can punt top 4.

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, karrotsishere said:

The Young Guns 1st Heat will be an intriguing one. With Seve & Merlin drawing next to each other. K Marshall impressive Sweet Lou trialist gets the pole. Frankie Major who lead nearly all the way in 1st 2yo race in country draws 2. With Sooner the Bettor the other 2nd place getter following out Frankie Major. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Tactics have been revealed for punters. With Z Butcher stating that Lincoln Farms speedster Frankie Major drawn 2, is better with a trail. Thinks he can cross the Sweet Lou 1 Hugo Maguire. Then Merlin will come looking & says his Dad should hand. Guess will have to wait & see as Sweet Lous often have high speed too. So maybe he may not be able to cross ... If I was in barrier 1 & saw what their tactics were going to be e.g. Id likely end up 3 back if crossed by 2, then Id prob try hold them out. Hugo Maguire did qualify in MR1.58.2 (below a link to article).

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/zachary-frankie-is-quick-but-dad-might-need-some-wizardry-to-knock-me-off-on-merlin/

Edited by karrotsishere

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

South Coast Arden has been scratched from FFA. Wonder why ... 

Self Assured was dominant last week , and is squeezing the life out of BD Joe ,Taipo and Hot N Treacherous aspirations of winning 'the race'.

Might as well Not take out his 'Semi-stablemate' as well , so that either horse loses confidence before THE RACE . (i.e Both can't win tomorrow night) 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, karrotsishere said:

Tactics have been revealed for punters. With Z Butcher stating that Lincoln Farms speedster Frankie Major drawn 2, is better with a trail. Thinks he can cross the Sweet Lou 1 Hugo Maguire. Then Merlin will come looking & says his Dad should hand. Guess will have to wait & see as Sweet Lous often have high speed too. So maybe he may not be able to cross ... If I was in barrier 1 & saw what their tactics were going to be e.g. Id likely end up 3 back if crossed by 2, then Id prob try hold them out. Hugo Maguire did qualify in MR1.58.2 (below a link to article).

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/zachary-frankie-is-quick-but-dad-might-need-some-wizardry-to-knock-me-off-on-merlin/

Huge run by Son of Mac for 4th a K Marshall runner. 3 wide without cover the entire way. Also huge run by Seve, broke at start & then followed Son Of Mac into race, to run 2nd. Frankie Major didn't cross K Marshalls Lou runner Hugo Maguire, at beginning, thought might not, who secured the trial behind the winner Merlin.

Maybe some of these 2yos are a bit more closer than had thought after that run. Lets see how Heat 2 of Young Guns goes.

Have noticed K Marshall has a number of nice 2yos. 6 so far qualified. 

15 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Wow the upset. The North is pouring it onto the South. 5 races down 3-2 up.

Love how the North drivers arent afraid to have a go. 

$100-1 congrats to connections of Magic Four & great drive by P Ferguson.

Not sure what you mean about the North Island Drivers not afraid to have a go.. do you think they're inferior?    Their horses certaiinly aren't.

20 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Not sure what you mean about the North Island Drivers not afraid to have a go.. do you think they're inferior?    Their horses certaiinly aren't.

Found sometimes in South some drivers seem initmated when racing All Stars in big races, esp when they have alot of runners in same race. But in North they do not seem to be.

No reference to North being inferior. Infact have pointed out on here how South horses can not just expect to come up Alex & Cambridge & just waltz in & win. 

Tonights 3 North, 3 South is an example. 

5 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

it is their confidence in the horses they are driving that matters

True, good point. 

7 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

I don't believe the good drivers care about the all stars

Disagree here. But all good. Lets agree to disagree 😃

Great nite of racing, small card but exciting. 

Nite all. 

Just now, karrotsishere said:

True, good point. 

Disagree here. But all good. Lets agree to disagree 😃

Great nite of racing, small card but exciting. 

Nite all. 

Well I don't know why you disagree, I think there are just as good drivers in NZ as Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen, so it is all about the horses ability and possible team driving - so to pull that segment alone out "I don't believe the good drivers care about the all stars" doesn't make sense.    If you are going to pull bits out, out of context. like you have then fine, let's agree to disagree, sleep well 🙂 

8 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Well I don't know why you disagree, I think there are just as good drivers in NZ as Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen, so it is all about the horses ability and possible team driving - so to pull that segment alone out "I don't believe the good drivers care about the all stars" doesn't make sense.    If you are going to pull bits out, out of context. like you have then fine, let's agree to disagree, sleep well 🙂 

Morning Dancing 😃 Gosh it was windy/rainy last nite 😬

Ok Ill be specific. So you & others know what I’m on about 😄 This started with me giving a compliment & saying love how Northern drivers aren't afraid to have a go. This was re-worded to a question (are you saying Northern are inferior).

Race card 6 races only.

R1 Herlihy drawn 2 & 2/2 in betting, has drawn just inside Red Hot fav Sundees Son, drawn 3. Herlihy takes advantage of this & heads out to lead. Parks Sundees Son. No taking a trail behind Sundees Son.

R2 Only Southern horses & drivers.

R3 $1.10 Red Hot fav True Fantasy reaches front easy after drawing 2 & had an easy time of it for nearly a lap. Parked horse Miki Montana 6/6 in betting driven by D Butcher decides to challenge the multiple G1 winner & top ranked 3yo filly & have a crack for lead.

R4 - Only Northern horses & drivers.

R5 D Ferguson 10/10 in betting, has 2 Hot favs drawn gate 1 & talk of the town stablemate Aukuta directly behind. This didn’t stop him from surging his horse forward from an outside barrier 6. Challenging G1 Sire Stakes winner Franco Indie for approx 300-350 metres.

With approx 500 to go $100-1 in betting driven by P Ferguson, Magic 4 is hooked out of 1-1,  goes up to red hot fav leader & challenges him, resulting in Akuta running out, slightly into him, surrounded by All Star runners left right & centre. Magic & Ferguson go on with it.

R6 Pre-race M Purdon was interviewed said he would like to lead on Red Hot Fav & 2021 NZ Cup winner Self Assured drawn 2. Kango 2/3 in betting drawn 1, driven by D Butcher, decides this is not going to happen. He holds his line & the lead.

At approx 600m B Butcher 3/2 in betting on BD Joe, who is 3 back rail, hooks out to parked. Locking Self Assured in trail at a vital stage giving his horse a length advantage turning for home.

Don’t think have seen this happen in South in recent times on SAME nite, in this amount of races on a BIG nite (e.g. stake $200k, $150k up for grabs) The Northern drivers were not afraid to have a go in every race 👍 Even on less performed horses, compared to those they challenged, or parked or locked up in trail. Quite possibly its happened in the South & Iv missed it?

19 minutes ago, Addington said:

Was having them in Auckland a good idea. Just asking for a friend?

Was your friend not excited by seeing harness in a hurricane?

Part of the new master calendar no doubt.

I await to see if they put out betting figures for last night but they have to try and revitalize Northern harness somehow. If everything ends up in Canterbury, Auckland will wither (quicker)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, karrotsishere said:

With Z Butcher stating that Lincoln Farms speedster Frankie Major drawn 2,

That was a gutsy run parked the whole way and still fighting upside Merlin at the top of the lane. Never gave it in all the way down the straight with those who had cosier runs getting over the top.Horse to follow., going in my portfolio.  And , Seve,s run was huge as well.

• Like 2