The Race Place

NZB Sales

Happy Sunrise

Me Happy. Wanted to go out today, BUT might get blown away.

Here are my notes so far

Soon after auction started auctioneer says “Move your car, if its parked under the trees as we have had a bit of damage going on around there”.

* Opening lot goes for $20k

* M Purdon to take Utmost Delight Sweet Lou colt $52,200. Great value for money buy.

* Classie Brigades bro goes for $67,500k

* Stonewall again making their presence known.

* Bettors Delight Full bro to The Fixer & The Honey Queen $100k

* 6 of the 1st 12 up have been passed in.

* B Mangos has got involved purchases some nice lots.

* Prices to me seem slow & low. (Based on the blood lines of some of these).

Really haven't looked at the bloodline of these, nor studied the catalogue BUT, so far how its going, looks like it maybe hard pressed to get TOP lot to $300k as last year. 

See tho that Sugar Me's full bro is coming up later. The 1/2 sister was 1 of top lots at weanling sale for $50k. 

So lets see.

Edited by karrotsishere

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You must be rich. 

Supermodel fees must have been good before you became a stablehand 😂

Haha nah Im just doing it comparing it to last years. And noting all the passed in. Did read an article today, that said the sale today was very high breed horses. So they expected it to be high prices. Im not so sure, just due to the current state of industry and Auckland draft dates calendar. 

Lets see what the TOP lot is. Last year Karaka was $300k. Yes $190k is high, but its only just over 1/2 of $300k.

Edited by karrotsishere

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Oh, they will want big $$ then.

Get what you mean tho, the lots that are actually going are going for nice prices. Lots of passed in all the same tho. And again not sure TOP lot is going to hit $300k.

I would of thought that Utmost Delight/ Sweet Lou would of gone for more tho. Purchased by M Purdon. Also would of thought bro to Fixer & also another bro to Classie Brigade would of gone for more. 

But lets see what top lot goes for.

Edited by karrotsishere

47 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

At a glance just looking at dam/sire potential TOP lots coming up could be

Lot 61, 66, 69, 71, 75, 76, 78, 101, 107, 111, 138

This sale is great .!! lot 55 went for $140,000 after plenty of under bidders. The "BIG guns" there already know what they want.

That was a special looking colt though. will be good to see what interest your few here. 

Well they came up short of what I thought for the LOT 66 . Bettors Delight colt out of full sister to Twist and Twirl named Double Twirl. both mares won races.

thought it would crack $300k ?

'Twist and Twirl' being the dam of current greats 'King of Swing' and 'Bettor Twist' with that many Group 1 's between them i lost count.  

Gospel Of Judas with his $260,000 guess of top lot is right on the money .......  thus far.

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

11 minutes ago, Blackie said:

There's a cheap Bettors Delight, 8K

Full brother to Linda Lovegrace who won a stack of races too. Also Smooth Deal.   Bob Butt picks up a real bargain there I would think. just $8000.

Kennards have just bought Hot and Treacherous's 1/2 brother for $95k . millionaires can have a fun day out at a sale like this.? 

22 minutes ago, Addington said:

Look who has turned up-. When does his ban end?

Downbytheseaside  Jessies Girl, Bay Filly
Woodlands Stud (NZ) Ltd
Matt Anderson  Canterbury
$65,000

OMG WTF. Good spotting, just noted there are 2 under his name. 

17 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Full brother to Linda Lovegrace who won a stack of races too. Also Smooth Deal.   Bob Butt picks up a real bargain there I would think. just $8000.

Yes last minute added that Lot to my potential Top Lot. Cant believe it. He's Bettors & as you say bro to Linda L & Smooth Deal & Bettor Step Aside. Surprised Woodlands let him go, not pass him in. Wonder if there was something up with him physically that we can't see from TV... 

20 minutes ago, Addington said:

Look who has turned up-. When does his ban end?

Downbytheseaside  Jessies Girl, Bay Filly
Woodlands Stud (NZ) Ltd
Matt Anderson  Canterbury
$65,000

Geezus. 

When he was convicted of assault I remember it saying he couldn't go anywhere near harness for 2 years. But wasn't he found at Phil Burrow's training place helping out which was against the rules last year? Whatever happened after that?

13 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Wonder who's paying for it.

Mitchell Kerr? 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:
20 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Bob Butt picks up a real bargain there I would think. just $8000.

Yes last minute added that Lot to my potential Top Lot. Cant believe it. He's Bettors & as you say bro to Linda L & Smooth Deal & Bettor Step Aside. Surprised Woodlands let him go, not pass him in.

That was a surprise he didn't pass in at that low price.

There goes a Sweet Lou for Karrots . LOT 101....

a full brother to Virgil and Aladdin for $82,500. a good price.  They have a 4th brother too, named 'Watermelon Sugar' lol....😂

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

Geezus. 

When he was convicted of assault I remember it saying he couldn't go anywhere near harness for 2 years. But wasn't he found at Phil Burrow's training place helping out which was against the rules last year? Whatever happened after that?

Thats why i asked the question. Phil Burrows bit is correct and earned him extra  but i cant work out when he is able to reapply for license. He obviously thinks he will be allowed back into the game.