The Race Place

NZB Sales

Happy Sunrise

4 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Karrots , you want to go halvies in lot 107? 

The Sweet Lou colt out of a full sister to 'Adore Me' and 'Have Faith In Me'  named Revere me.

Just $28,000 ??? would of bought that one if I was there lol..... 

Saw that can't believe that either. Sugar Me is the full bro & his 1/2 sis at last years or was it year before weanling sale was 2nd top sales to Stonewall Stud for $50k. Read an article them saying they like her she is 2yo now. 1 of my picks is currently TOP Lot so far. Lot 66 $260k brought by Stonewall Stud. Gospel & Pete are so far bang on the money if the highest Lot goes for this TOP $260k. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

At a glance just looking at dam/sire potential TOP lots coming up could be

Lot 61, 66, 69, 71, 75, 76, 78, 101, 107, 111, 138

Auckland Top Lot correct selection guess goes to: 

Pete & Gospel correctly guessing $260k with Karrots next closet at $270k.

Dunn said in interview it was slow to start, but has picked up, which surprised him but pleasantly so how much it picked up.

Overall average is noticeably UP. Which was to be expected based on high level catalogue on offer. Was quoted as the best Breckon Farms crop on offer in many years, if not ever. So no surprise they sold Top Lot $260k. This was however noticeably lower than last years Auckland Top Lot $300k. The buyers of Auckland Top Lot were again Stonewall Stud. Whom purchased Top Auckland Lot last year too.

My potential Top Lot guess got TOP Lot 66.  Others in bold ones were IMO went lower than thought they would.

• Lot 61 $47k
  • Lot 66 $260k AUCKLAND TOP LOT
  • Lot 69 $60k
  • Lot 71  $75k
  • Lot 75 $8k Full to Smooth Deal/Linda Lovegrove/BettorStepAside
  • Lot 76 $85k
  • Lot 78 $30k 1/2 bro to Copy That. Won Best Presented
  • Lot 101 $82,500k
  • Lot 107 $28k Full to Sugar Me
  • Lot 111 $60k
  • Lot 138 $55k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Harness Racing New Zealand be able to milk it for awhile. It is  more the  question, have done anything to really stop the slide?

They need to do their part by sorting shit like the winning post out at Rangiora, but to be fair to them, the calendar is a good start. They just need to start cleaning up the little things.

NZB seem to be conducting a very professional sales with buyers paying good money so they are definitely doing their part.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Mick Guerin tweeted the average is $12000 higher than any other sale. He described it as 'remarkably strong'

Average of $62K

Great news for harness and a little 'phew' to go with it.

Yes but it was predicted. Be like selling a bunch of cars or houses. 

If your list is Range Rovers, Mercedes Benz, etc eg high value inventory, then naturally a higher average. 

Its normal for them to promote the positive & plus sides of it. 

Still of note Top Lot price was down not the same, nor higher. 

Not sure what types are on offer in Christchurch. 

Edited by karrotsishere

25 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

But still a ban is a ban. Really shouldn't be able to purchase anything during that time of ban IMO.

I think it's a greyish area.

As an unlicensed person under the rules of harness racing I am not prevented from buying a horse at the sales.

Edited by Purple Parsnip
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Purple Parsnip said:

I think it's a greyish area.

Agree. With the current rules mentioned.

28 minutes ago, Purple Parsnip said:

As an unlicensed person under the rules of harness racing I am not prevented from buying a horse at the sales.

So then based on current rules, its not really a full ban, if one can have an involvement. Does this include ownership?

Imagine a Stuff headline. (Have to watch them, as they love to dish this sort of stuff out mainstream).

Banned Harness trainer, convicted human strangler, buys yearlings at Sale.

Edited by karrotsishere

Some head scratching after Trotters sale yesterday at Christchurch.62% clearance, Median down from 31k to 17K whilst average dropped from last years 31.2K to 23.5K

Lets see how the pacers go over next 2 days to see if a downward trend is continued

Edited by Addington