The Race Place

Some more juicing of Horses.

Gospel Of Judas

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Thanks to site owners also for letting us discuss within reason on here this case & the suspicious activity leading up to it. 

@Happy Sunrise and @Rusty on the money boys. 

Do wonder if would been allowed on other sites Harness pages. Say no, based on past performances.

Edited by Gospel Of Judas
  • Like 2

Its sickening too that it is the same horse Jonny Nevits whom was injected by Alford. Then transferred to this trainer & this crap. Poor horse 😪 Him & Bensons Mate need to go out for a spell get some R & R.

Not a good look. You can't say that these type of people care about animal welfare. Wonder what the owners think of it? 

And what about this, which was a quote from Rusty on another thread. When does it kick in @Rusty?

"A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the three agencies during New Zealand Cup week in November, with the purpose of information sharing between the parties regarding “animal welfare incidents", including the administering of prohibited substances into race horses". 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

And what about this, which was a quote from Rusty on another thread. When does it kick in @Rusty?

"A Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the three agencies during New Zealand Cup week in November, with the purpose of information sharing between the parties regarding “animal welfare incidents", including the administering of prohibited substances into race horses". 

It's kicked in already. 

I pains me to say this, but; 

"Innocent until proven guilty."

My opinion is, if proven guilty, a life ban should be imposed. And then let the MPI authorities take full control of the case, and take it through to the "big boys court." 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Its sickening too that it is the same horse Jonny Nevits whom was injected by Alford. Then transferred to this trainer & this crap. Poor horse 😪 

My thoughts exactly. 

This story ain't finished yet. 

• Like 3

I just wish the head honchos, whoever they may be, would come out with stronger statements than what happens now, not the” can’t comment” or quote the sub judice clause.

I know what Blackie would say:

“If you are going to use performance enhancing drugs, you will be caught. If you get caught, you will have no future in this game”.

A simple strong message, easy!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I just wish the head honchos, whoever they may be, would come out with stronger statements than what happens now, not the” can’t comment” or quote the sub judice clause.

I know what Blackie would say:

“If you are going to use performance enhancing drugs, you will be caught. If you get caught, you will have no future in this game”.

A simple strong message, easy!

I could not agree more. 

So why do we think it is just so hard for HRNZ senior management to come out and say those two sentences? 

One could only speculate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Recall when there was something written in news about Wigg a stable raid had occurred or something & I thought, what? really?, found it Hard to believe re Wigg, as never had witnessed any high UDR or weird pattern (training).  Sure enough nothing, no charges - Innocent. But yeah lets see.

I believe you will get to see very soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackie said:

Woodham spoke about Alford inappropriately so I doubt he will do it again. This was at the start of reign.

I don't expect them to say anything about this and that is fair enough in my book until Jones has been through the process. 

I do expect them to respond in a proper manner about public comments made about the Auckland situation.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 1:53 PM, Josias said:

I believe you will get to see very soon.

Nothing yet. But maybe by end of the week ...

Had a thought, hope the adjudicator isn't the same lass as one that did the High Flying Harry case. Prob too close a contact of a potential contact for me. Altho now things will be passed on as Rusty said to MPI. 

Edited by karrotsishere

Trust, and a better collaborative approach towards investigations, are things that are going to have to be improved upon a great deal between MPI and the RIB. 

MPI see the staff numbers at RIB's disposal and they think that the RIB should be all over this as the lead agency, yet at the same time, MPI want a piece of the action, but are at times restricted with the flow of information sharing. RIB seem reluctant to have MPI onboard during investigations, especially early on in the piece, and from the get go, when evidence gathering and preserving evidence is paramount for any successful prosecution through the courts. Then waiting for their turn to chip in, is the SPCA. 

A multi agency approach is good and has benefits, however it often takes a lot of work to gel sometimes, and to get the best result possible. 

The MOU is an important first step to get things rolling, but the partnership journey between the 3 organisations will have bumps in the road initially, whilst they try and jockey for position, as to who does what, and when. The MOU looks good on paper, it reads quite promising for the good of the animal, but the bad guys doping/mistreating horses aren't doing it on paper. So it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out in the field, and hopefully in the courts, for anybody mistreating/abusing animals with prohibited substances. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Had a thought, hope the adjudicator isn't the same lass as one that did the High Flying Harry case. Prob too close a contact of a potential contact for me. Altho now things will be passed on as Rusty said to MPI. 

For a recap, her partner was the lawyer of Alford. The trainer who was found guilty of doping horse Jonny Nevits. The same horse that was then transferred stables to C Jones & was forced to scratch by Stewards after a stable raid.

O Jarvis is her name. Partner of K Cook. Which she disclosed when taking up her role.

This same K Cook.

Alford’s lawyer, K Cook, asked for a disqualification of four years. Alford briefly addressed the committee, saying he was “very remorseful”, and the disqualification would have a “massive impact” on his life and his family.

Edited by karrotsishere

25 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Alford’s lawyer, K Cook, asked for a disqualification of four years.

Well the sentences were quite large. McGrath and Alford both getting 7 or 8 year DQ. A NOTICE TO ALL, that this behaviour will Not be tolerated. the warning is there.

Just need to keep an eye on the racing too. What goes on in the races themselves to keep the participants honest. (more than poor Mrs Negus in a amateur race lol......)

In Victoria Two top horsemen Nathan Jack (won Ararat Cup last Sunday with a great drive ) and Mark Pitt are back and driving after 3 odd years out DQ, for a country track race fixing incident. Stewards didn't muck around and out they went. Nathan was a great driver and glad to see him back in the mix. Mark Pitt not to shabby either. Just when he went out DQed,  he had been winning with SHEZ ALL ROCK in 2018 (won 7 out of 8  ) before she headed to Allstars and winning the Jewels at Cambridge and the NZ Oaks.

2 great horseman returned , so the racing is gunna be great !!  

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Genuine question LB, are they 2 great horsemen or 2 tainted great horsemen?

Pay your dues and a clean slate or can't ever be trusted again? What is your take?

I should give my answer.

I think race fixing is comparatively much more forgivable than doping a horse. As long as the race fixing is not on a continuous basis over a long period of time and one off then I think it is a forgivable misjudgment. 

As for doping a horse by putting foreign shit in a living animal. Gone for good in my book.

• Like 4