The Race Place

It's A Miracle ! The MIRACLE MILE

Lightning Blue

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

Trigger?

image.png.a0b686204ff57e9863c1d02900dca762.png

Roy Rogers and his Trigger were very popular alright.

You must of been heart -broken when the standardbred 'real ' Trigger '  sat parked outside the 'real' Blackie ??? and won the 2010 Miracle Mile by a nose .

Quite an effort by Smoken Up to do that ....... he was some beast going great at all distances .(like Blacks A Fake was  too)

Why Smoken Up is favourite for Miracle Mile

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Who can pick the 8 winners to match Lightning Blue ??   Based on 'reputation' and Miracle Mile exploits (possibly barrier draw too)  mainly.

Fields have runners going from their era old days through to modern times. 5 or 6 horse fields as it was for many years.

RACE 1.   No 1. Robin Dundee NZ    2. Halwes (tas)   3. Adaptor   4. Lucky Creed   5. Mount Eden    6. Bay Foyle

RACE 2.   No 1. Hondo Gratten    2. Young Quinn NZ   3. Paleface Adios   4. Royal Force   5. Reichman    6. Pure Steel

RACE 3.   No 1.  Popular Alm    2. Gundary Flyer   3. Locarno NZ    4. The Scotsman   5. Double Agent    6. Friendly Footman

RACE 4.   No 1.  Westburn Grant   2. Christopher Vance NZ   3. Master Mood NZ   4. Our Maestro   5. Village Kid   6. Preux Chevalier

RACE 5.   No 1.  Be Good Johnny   2. Sokyola    3. Double Identity    4. Divisive    5. Chokin NZ   6. Franco Tiger

RACE 6.   No 1. Norm's Daughter   2. Iraklis NZ   3. Holmes DG  NZ   4. Christian Cullen NZ   5. Our Sir Vancelot   6. Smooth Satin

RACE 7.   No 1. Monkey King NZ   2. Smoken Up   3. Christen Me NZ   4. Beautide    5. Baby Bling

RACE 8.   No 1. Spankem NZ   2. King of Swing    3. My Field Marshall   4. Have Faith In Me NZ   5. LennytheShark.

There you go !!!!!!!!!!  8 great Races . every Miracle Mile Winner to date, got a start.

Have a go at picking 8 winners to match LB.  It'll take a Miracle ! but miracles happen........

(post just 1 horse name OR horse number from EACH  race)  

R1  Mt Eden( freak}

R2 Young Quinn {Almost a freak)

R3 Polpular Arm (carnt be beaten from draw)

R4 Preux Chevalier (The Best from the West)

R5 Chokin (Weakest race of the night)

R6 Christian Cullen (Another freak with too much speed)

R7 Smoken Up {Toughest horse ever will win no matter how race run)

R8 King of Swing (New freak on the block Unbeatable in this and on saturday)

Carnt wait to watch these eight races and listen to LBs commentaries

• Like 1

Todays Quiz question before tomorrows best 8 champion Miracle Mile Winners .

Harold Park was spectacular and so very close to Sydney (as in this closing night shot 2010 (Sydney skyline in view in great photo catching a fine moment in time)

Q1/ Who is this fine horse and driver setting the Harold Park Miracle Mile Race Record ??. (before they shifted to the speedy Menangle circuit out of town)

DSC02720.JPG

DSC02721.JPG

On 3/1/2022 at 9:47 PM, Lightning Blue said:

htning Blue left the WA Champ 'Parked Out ' in this Miracle Mile Globe. Village Kid only a battling third after that.

I know it is very subjective but I think Village Kid would blast to the lead in that race in my opinion. They let them go at the top of the straight and my only concern would be Westburn Grant keeping him out, but he was a rocket and apart from Im The Mighty Quinn one of the fastest horses I have seen for sheer explosiveness. And contrary to my mate Harewood I think he was the best from WA. 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Fields have runners going from their era old days through to modern times. 5 or 6 horse fields as it was for many years.

RACE 1.   No 1. Robin Dundee NZ    2. Halwes (tas)   3. Adaptor   4. Lucky Creed   5. Mount Eden    6. Bay Foyle

RACE 2.   No 1. Hondo Gratten    2. Young Quinn NZ   3. Paleface Adios   4. Royal Force   5. Reichman    6. Pure Steel

RACE 3.   No 1.  Popular Alm    2. Gundary Flyer   3. Locarno NZ    4. The Scotsman   5. Double Agent    6. Friendly Footman

RACE 4.   No 1.  Westburn Grant   2. Christopher Vance NZ   3. Master Mood NZ   4. Our Maestro   5. Village Kid   6. Preux Chevalier

RACE 5.   No 1.  Be Good Johnny   2. Sokyola    3. Double Identity    4. Divisive    5. Chokin NZ   6. Franco Tiger

RACE 6.   No 1. Norm's Daughter   2. Iraklis NZ   3. Holmes DG  NZ   4. Christian Cullen NZ   5. Our Sir Vancelot   6. Smooth Satin

RACE 7.   No 1. Monkey King NZ   2. Smoken Up   3. Christen Me NZ   4. Beautide    5. Baby Bling

RACE 8.   No 1. Spankem NZ   2. King of Swing    3. My Field Marshall   4. Have Faith In Me NZ   5. LennytheShark.

LB combination was 5 Mount Eden, 2 Young Quinn, 1 Popular Alm, 1 Westburn Grant, 5 Chokin, 3 Holmes D G , 2 Smoken Up, 2 King of Swing.

The last 5 all winning 2 Miracle Miles each (an outstanding effort ) so that's how they got the nod ,

and the first 3 older Miracle Mile winners of Mount Eden, Quinny and Poppy would of won 2 as well , had they contested 2 . 

MIRACLE MILE grand Final Best 8 field is ............

1/ MOUNT EDEN (unanimous 5-0 votes) , 

2/ YOUNG QUINN (4-1 votes) , One of the great kiwis of All time. 1 vote for Paleface Adios. 

3/ POPULAR ALM ( 5-0 unanimous) , one of the best Aussies ever.

4/ VILLAGE KID (2 votes) , DH

PREUX CHEVALIER (2 votes)  dead heat (they had many great clashes too, including Q in 1985 Interdominion Final.)

5/ CHOKIN (5-0 unanimous) ....... I did like the double Miracle Mile winners 'Be Good Johnny' and 'Sokyola' for the trifecta too. a tough race.

6/ CHRISTIAN CULLEN (4-1 votes)  I did go for Holmes D G with his 'Miracle Mile double' and 30 wins from 90 starts in very strong company. 

7/ SMOKEN UP (4-1 votes) a very speedy strong customer. 1 vote for Christen Me .  

8/ KING OF SWING (3-2 votes) a tough race !!!  any of the 5 could of snagged race 8, but KOS looks set for a 'three-peat' tomorrow night in the real thing.

SPANKEM 2 votes.  so ends up as the emergency.

so we end up with 9 super horses , where it is impossible to pick the greatest of the Past Miracle Mile Winner. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

LB combination was 5 Mount Eden, 2 Young Quinn, 1 Popular Alm, 1 Westburn Grant, 5 Chokin, 3 Holmes D G , 2 Smoken Up, 2 King of Swing.

The last 5 all winning 2 Miracle Miles each (an outstanding effort ) so that's how they got the nod ,

and the first 3 older Miracle Mile winners of Mount Eden, Quinny and Poppy would of won 2 as well , had they contested 2 . 

Yes but Smokin Up and King of Swing never raced at Harold Park. Smokin Up would have had to work very hard on that course as he would have probably have been beaten for early speed. And dare I say it , when the moneys up the Purdon (shake) go,s into overdrive, so outstays King Of Swing.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 9:01 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Hopefully the worst of it is today , and will be clearing by Saturday to isolated storms. 

Geez, those Aussies getting a bit soft, a bit of a storm, would'nt happen here.

Edited by Blackie
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Blackie said:

Geez, those Aussies getting a bit soft, a bit of a storm, would'nt happen here.

C'mon Blackie , We can handle a bit of rain in Brisbane. Look at the name of this race in photo in driving rain.  We actually race in a 'Creek' lol.

Storm rain that heavy, that the trailling horse couldn't even see the leader to keep it's back lol ?

Are they just woosing about in Sydney ?  lol .. don't want to get their perms wet.

DSC02511.JPG

• Haha 1