The Race Place

some value at Ellerslie today ...

Maximus

Just for fun, thought I'd stick my Mustelid neck out today and risk ridicule with some value 'investments'. Excellent competitive fields overall, so some decent returns if you get it right. Course should be in top nick. Wish I was there!

ELLERSLIE  - CUP DAY 5 NOVEMBER 

R1 #7 Star Karen -3rd up staying type with a touch of class about her, Oaks placed last season and should be ready to deliver. Cups bound? FF tight at $2.30 ..unbelievable!

R2 #5 Wild Like. Getting better with experience and showed promise last campaign without winning. 2nd up after 5th resuming and should appreciate big Ellerslie course.

R3 #10 Unacceptable.  Excellent 2nd her last start and looks progressive stayer in the making.

R4 #13 Socialights  Handy and genuine, comes to hand quickly and ran some good races last prep. Should be running on. Each way.

R5 #11 Spring Heat. Not much went right last prep. Would spank these in the right mood. Risky, but talented sprinter resuming and drawn well.

R6 #6 Viktor Vegas. 5th behind Tiptronic and Supera here last time is good form. Drops back to R82 but dry track not ideal.

R7 #2 Saint Emilion. Unplaced after nearly falling when leaving barrier last time. Had run 3rd start before. Grp 1 winer trying to win this race for 3rd time and field is ordinary. Over the odds at FF $13.

R8 #4 Aligns With Me Flashy chestnut has a devastating finishing sprint. Prefer left-handed but has won right-handed and could upset the faves if gets cover and a soft run.

R9 #12 Shotgun Sally Good debut 5th finishing fast over 1200m and should get a cosy trip from ace draw today. Up in distance and at FF $12 is great value.

R10 #1 Swords Drawn. Take the shorts FF $2.15 as this horse looks like zipping through the grades quickly.

BEST WUFFIES               

R3  #19 Rising Renown. 7th on debut when caught wide. In good hands and drawn 2 today, up in trip. Blowout chance at FF $41.

R10 #15 Morris Lass 3rd up today coming off a 5th at Avondale on a slow track. Upset winner here in March on a Good3  after running 5th start prior on a slow track! FF $61 and $8

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Maximus said:

Just for fun, thought I'd stick my Mustelid neck out today and risk ridicule with some value 'investments'. Excellent competitive fields overall, so some decent returns if you get it right. Course should be in top nick. Wish I was there!

R9 #12 Shotgun Sally Good debut 5th finishing fast over 1200m and should get a cosy trip from ace draw today. Up in distance and at FF $12 is great value.

I backed it at 19/4.50, which I thought was great value.  Running on well over 1200m last start, didn't settle, didn't have a clear run in the straight, Matt Cameron stays with it

15 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I backed it at 19/4.50, which I thought was great value.  Running on well over 1200m last start, didn't settle, didn't have a clear run in the straight, Matt Cameron stays with it

owned by good mates of mine. Big striding type who made a bit of an impression winning her trial at Ruakaka, easily beating Peloton (who then won first up impressively and subesquently 2nd at Te Rap)a. 'Shooter' is well over the odds today.

Edited by Maximus