The Race Place

Autumn NPC Super Comp

PWJ

AUTUMN NPC SUPER COMP

It's National Champs time again ! A chance for competitors to wear their regional identity proudly (or otherwise) and show us who really are the champs. Current title holders are the magnificent Chiefs who scored a narrow 1 point win from a fast-finishing Blues outfit with the Ferdies flying home from way back like Kiwi to grab 3rd. King Gee was the comp's top scorer by exactly $100 over Pete with Wrinkles a prominent 3rd.

2021 Spring NPC Super Comp Championship Final Table

1st 16.5 CHIEFS $8803.00

2nd 15.5 BLUES $8062.20

3rd 14 FERDIES $6717.80

4th 13 MAGPIES $7250.60

5th 11.5 SWAMP FOXES $7449.20

6th 11 HIGHLANDERS $6828.00

7th 7 KAURI KATS $5524.60

8th 4 TURBOS $6133.20

THE (FINAL) MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

2213.60 Gee (Chiefs)

2113.60 Pete (Blues)

2104.60 Wrinkles (Magpies)

1960.80 PJ (Ferdies)

1884.80 Von Smallhausen (Swamp Foxes)

1884.40 Geoff (Blues)

1870.40 Stevie N (Chiefs)

We are less than two weeks away from kicking off the Autumn NPC Super Comp which will begin the weekend following the upcoming Final Round of the Summer Draft Super Comp - Sat Mar 19. This will be starting Saturday week (Jan 15). The comp will run for just 9 weeks if we can get 9 teams of 5 competitors per team, like the current comp, or 7 weeks if we only get 8 teams.

Same Super Comp Rules we are all familiar with although I'm going to drop the Jeopardy Chip and bring in a 2nd Joker play - the Ultimate Joker. The Ultimate Joker can only be played against teams above you in the table or against anyone in Round 1. It will TREBLE your points haul from the match as opposed to the regular Joker which only doubles them.

I hope the excellent newbies who joined us for the Summer Comp can return for this one. They have proved a real asset to the humour, character and competitiveness of the comps.

Here's how it works:

This version is the T20 of Super Comps - a  quickfire "play-each-other-once" league competition - no Finals Series. Standard Super Comp Format - 10 races, two tips per race, 2 best bets plus Two Joker plays - one Regular, One Ultimate. As usual, you will not be able to see your opponents picks before you post !

This all kicks off on Sat March 19, Golden Slipper & All-Star Mile day not to mention the NZ Oaks at Trentham.

What I need over the next week is expressions of interest. The will be a 7 day window for players from the Spring Comp to confirm their participation for the same team again. They should also advise if they wish to leave that side and go into the player pool or apply to play for another side. So when you enter please state your preference, either:

A Stay with your current team

B Leave your current team and go into the player pool or apply for a different team

C New players or past players who didn't participate in the Spring Champs can apply for a spot in a team or just be happy to go into the player pool and be assigned to a team.

Please state clearly what your preference is. If you are new, returning or not staying with your current team then you may list up to 3 preferences for who you wish to join. Looking for at least 40 participants across 8 teams.

Here are the teams from the Spring Comp:

KAURI KATS: Sharne, Graeme, Max, Pam, Jen

BLUES: Howie, Roland, Geoff, Pete, Gordy

TURBOS: Steve P, Gary, Ziggy, Ray, Blind Squirrel

SWAMP FOXS: Richie, Robert, Maria, Von Smallhausen, Rees

FERDIES: PJ, Heather, Zac, Maurice, Tom

CHIEFS: Ian, Gee, Jack, Punter Pete, Stevie N 

HIGHLANDERS: Mardy, Happy Sunrise, Craig, Rex, Rusty

MAGPIES: Rob, Wrinkles, Porky, Blazes, Hesi

Please post your preferences here as early as possible

• Like 1

• PWJ pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

hi, new to the site and would like to give this a go if there is room, all good if not, thanks

I'm sure PJ will find a place for you. Based on your tipping in Punting Perspectives you'll be a welcome addition.

I'll be in as a B.  Porky and Blazes have not been online in a while, so I suspect the Magpies will fade into oblivion, nothing to crow about there, we can't all soar like eagles.

PJ, I do not want to be a skip this time, I do really crap as a skip, and do not enjoy it

A .... for me, thanks PJ.
Annual Blues Brothers reunion - long-time lethal combination Roland, Gordy, Geoff, Pete, Howie ..... always a highlight on the calendar as we go merrily a-chompin' on rival miscellaneous outfits.
2nd last season ...and very well-placed to go one better this time as our conquerors the Chiefs fade into oblivion under the weight of their own expectation.
Pete and I have turn-about as Blues Captain, and Pete I'm wondering if you're ok to assume command this time around, if at all possible. 
Many thanks for an Aurumn NPC Comp, PJ. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TooFast said:

A .... for me, thanks PJ.
Annual Blues Brothers reunion - long-time lethal combination Roland, Gordy, Geoff, Pete, Howie ..... always a highlight on the calendar as we go merrily a-chompin' on rival miscellaneous outfits.
2nd last season ...and very well-placed to go one better this time as our conquerors the Chiefs fade into oblivion under the weight of their own expectation.
Pete and I have turn-about as Blues Captain, and Pete I'm wondering if you're ok to assume command this time around, if at all possible. 
Many thanks for an Aurumn NPC Comp, PJ. 

Only if I HAVE to Howie. I was kind of looking forward to a break!

• Like 1

Clueless Max has belatedly cottoned on to this thread after the dreaded 'black screen' disease appeared on his laptop and has taken a Day in the Life of said Max to be SORTED (sort of).

Lo and behold, he hath seen this thread, scanned its contents and ...a manly maxly tear hath fallen past his roamin' nose as he realises that neither the wiley Foxy One, nor Hurricane Katrina Sharne nor Queen Jen have fled the KK's coop!! The jury's still out on Wham Bam Pam ...but Ireckon she'll stick around with the rest of the photogenic KK clan (pictured).

MM888728149_KauriKats-SpringComp2021.thumb.jpg.ebcf31a5776ea61289ff27a953b88d5d.jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, pete said:

Only if I HAVE to Howie. I was kind of looking forward to a break!

No problem, Pete .... I'm happy to be Captain this time around.
Running the site with Hesi as you do, you've got plenty enough going on.
Go the Mighty Blues !

• Like 2