The Race Place

allegations

mardigras

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Considering they put plants in to start the fires in the tents in Wgtn., would you trust them. 

I'm not in the habit of trusting things naturally - so therefore, even if I am skeptical of things I hear from main stream sources, I equally am skeptical of where you have have been getting your information from. Probably more so given the amount of it which simply doesn't pass the sanity test.

22 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Double jabbed and boostered Barry. ?. Mug

Sounds like you're now taking the stance that given that vaccine should have been about individual choice - you are now associating that choice with being a mug. That's disappointing.

Edited by mardigras

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

I wont be rude but the source is on the mark. Just watch this space Mardi. It will play out .

If so, you are referring to things that I am not - I'm not referring to the allegations.

But you could simply write on this site - "the police statement regarding Clarke Gayford is a lie". And then see how that goes. 

Edited by mardigras

7 hours ago, barryb said:

Of course, double boosted like 96% of elligible.

Why would 96% of us be Mugs?.

You didn't do much research did you Barry. I understand some that need to throw caution to the wind due to extenuating circumstances but you don't come across as a critical thinker . Good luck with mate.

Just now, Globederby19 said:

You didn't do much research did you Barry. I understand some that need to throw caution to the wind due to extenuating circumstances but you don't come across as a critical thinker . Good luck with mate.

I've done extensive research on the effects of the vaccine. From a population perspective, it has been incredibly effective (although as I would expect, waning over time). I don't bother even looking at NZ given the low numbers.

Personally, I'd expect individuals to take professional advice about their personal situation (as always).

Seems you now think you are medically qualified to state what is best for other individuals. Wow, without even a chance to diagnose or assess. 

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

I myself if forced would have aquiested because I to have children in Melbourne , and I fully understand yr position. My stand is my stand, based on "real" facts .

Anyhow back to horses .

You're entitled to your 'real facts'. As a data analyst, I'm yet to see any substantial data that suggests the vaccine is a poor choice "from a population perspective". I would however, be open to seeing some. All the data I see (and I did extensive analysis on NSW and UK data a while back), shows no 'population' disadvantage to the vaccine.

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

You're entitled to your 'real facts'. As a data analyst, I'm yet to see any substantial data that suggests the vaccine is a poor choice "from a population perspective". I would however, be open to seeing some. All the data I see (and I did extensive analysis on NSW and UK data a while back), shows no 'population' disadvantage to the vaccine.

At least you are doing research based on what you are good at, analysing large amounts of data, in this case population data.

Most people's version of research, is looking up articles and papers that agree with their predilection, ignoring what may be many hundreds or thousands of publications that are contrary to that.

That is not research.

Many would not understand that, because they went to school, mainly to eat their lunch

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

At least you are doing research based on what you are good at, analysing large amounts of data, in this case population data.

Most people's version of research, is looking up articles and papers that agree with their predilection, ignoring what may be many hundreds or thousands of publications that are contrary to that.

That is not research.

Many would not understand that, because they went to school, mainly to eat their lunch

Yes, there is a lot of cherry picked pieces - and also a demonstration of presenting real data to suggest it means something the opposite of what it does.

Equally, mainstream have presented data to try and coerce - which is beyond what I believe is honest/factual. Not all sides are being 'real' - and to me, that is the disappointing thing. 

Far too much propaganda from the government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barryb said:

social media & nutty internet site

Wrong again. Don't go anywhere near "social media' or nutty internet sites . It has taken a while to get together from real professionals ,real facts , and on decent platforms.

Mardi has it right in saying there is a lot of cherry picked pieces, and far to much propaganda from the Govt.

I shall leave you with this, and anyone else who may want to read it.

"Ignorance is not knowing the truth, but also unwilling to search for it"

Stupidity is knowing the truth but refusing to agree with it because it doesn't fit your views . We have to stop under analysing facts because we don't like the direction they are pointing us in. We can do better." 

While I respect everyone's personal views on their decisions regarding vaccination, mandates, visa vie don't necessarily agree .

Take care Barry

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

All the data I see (and I did extensive analysis on NSW and UK data a while back), shows no

Depends on the source for that data. Data can be manipulated as you know. One example. A friend, (a nurse)  in Queensland who's son became very ill after his vax shot at school, was taken in an ambulance to hospital where it took him a long time to recover. The child's records were then destroyed , and the friend after much remonstrating resigned from the Hospital A small tip of an iceberg where real info is suppressed.

There is much more to this than meets the eye.  

9 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Depends on the source for that data. Data can be manipulated as you know. One example. A friend, (a nurse)  in Queensland who's son became very ill after his vax shot at school, was taken in an ambulance to hospital where it took him a long time to recover. The child's records were then destroyed , and the friend after much remonstrating resigned from the Hospital A small tip of an iceberg where real info is suppressed.

There is much more to this than meets the eye.  

That data isn't unknown data as such - or even refuted. Because no one is suggesting the vaccine can't do a lot worse and actually kill. It can. I'd expect any vaccine can kill. They do. I'm pretty sure the annual flu vaccine can kill. Some people's bodies will react to something in a severe way. 

There isn't actually more to this than meets the eye. If you actually believed that thousands of people in say Australia were dying due to the vaccine, then there is nothing that 'authority' could do to prevent that getting out. It simply is not happening. And where are all the NZers dying given the rate of vaccination here? It couldn't be swept under the carpet. All the people the likes of which were outside parliament would be there - but presenting these scenarios and no one could stop them.

Heaps of people will have side effects. Not every one should get the vaccine - trusted professional advice would be my approach.

As you say it can depend on the source of the data. I don't believe that the data I have been using has been manipulated. If it was, they wouldn't have put out sets of data that shows a relative ineffectiveness of the vaccine (in many segments for certain periods). Why manipulate data that gives those wanting to highlight anti-vacc messages, fuel?

Anyway, in less than 4 weeks, I'm off to Melbourne. Can't wait.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

Well, what did we expect would happen when the kids all went back to school? Silly silly Gummit couldnt even organise vax jabs at all schools for start of new school year.

The only upside is that the sooner omicron crashes through Godzone the better, cos its our summertime. Only  a dumflock Gummt and MOH would allow Covid positive nurses and doctors to carry on working in Covid wards ...while simultaneously forcing isolation on Cobid negtive household contacts.

IT DOESNT MATTER ANY MORE, THE GENIE IS OUT OF THE BOTTLE. AND JACINDA'S MOB MUST KNOW THEY ARE DOOMED AS FAR AS REELECTION GOES. I DOUBT SHE WILL SEE OUT HER TERM.

MM

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:58 PM, barryb said:

Hey Globe, I have tested positive tonight for Covid, I will let you know how I get on being double vac and boosted 2 weeks ago.

Wish you all the best Barry. We are both human beings and I still have empathy for those that take a different stance. If I contract it, then i will take it on the chin and bear the consequences. Take care bud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Today I can say I am finally out the back of Covid, 7 days of misery unfortunately is not quite over as I have one of the side effects which 20% get and that’s a mouth full of ulcers. 

So, it's not really bad flu, well in your case anyway Barry, as a lot of the 'experts' seem to think.

Didn't realise that was a side effect, let alone being such a common one

On 3/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, barryb said:

Yes its fucking terrible Hesi, imagine if I was not double vac & boosted.

Sorry to hear you've been so ill,  Baz.

I guess I've escaped very lightly, then.  I was one of the earliest to get vaxxed, I think - I get colds/flu very easily, every year, and was pretty happy to avail myself of the chance to get some protection, even if not complete.  Which  vaccination can't promise, anyway, for any malady.  All it can do is improve your odds.  After a bout of pneumonia following a cold two years ago, I wasn't prepared to take too many chances.

But, apart from a couple of days sporting a fairly inocuous head cold, all is well again.  Thank goodness.    But, I didn't get a booster.    I decided - rightly or wrongly - to keep off that particular merry go round of third, fourth, etc, etc, shots.

• Like 1