The Race Place

Super Comp team challenge to Racecafe

Hesi

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

This post of yours Maria was one of the things that put me off initially, but upon thinking about it, so many wax lyrical about PJ, the time he puts in, the slick manner in which he runs the comps, the gratefulness about providing so much enjoyment over the years, that those that do post on both sites, are almost certainly going to support him, on this site.

Anyway, I don't think it is going to happen.  A site like Racecafe with almost 100 times more members than this site, appears afraid, that in doing so this site might get a bit of exposure, and therefore we might gain a few new members.  That might happen, so what, we might gain 10-20 new members, we will still be 100 times smaller.

The whole purpose in putting this forward, was to try and get the sites to have a bit of synergy and work together, this was Pete's hope(I think).  We have things that RC does not have, like a good punting section, a punters club and good comps, run by several people other than just PJ.  We don't have the industry depth of discussion, so if you want that you pop over to RC.

Anyway, hope springs eternal

I should point out that this proposed comp was never my idea.

7 hours ago, Hesi said:
7 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

🙂 they're not that bad, none of us could beat them in John's last World Cup of Tipping comp 😏

Wash your mouth out with soap

To get something going from 'Domestic' (here) to 'International' (against another site) is possible if you do it by Invitation. ...ask who wants to do it.

The select few who would be under much more pressure to perform as they are Repping for their homeland , so probably only a few (like Max) that would be up to challenge with-out flinching. A few players just go round for a bit of fun in these comps. Think you would need some fierce competitive types to take up the banner. 

Anyway well done PJ and JohnSayNoMore at their sites for great devotion to duty (scoring) and to Hesi, Pete and Scooby for providing entertainment for a lot of happy racing folk . 

Edited by Lightning Blue
delete

Danger! Danger! Warning Will Robinson!!  The Mustelid Hath Been Thinking Even More ...

What about this?

Team TRP (ie 5 selected players representing TRP) vs Team RC (likewise for Race Cafe) in an agreed format, let's say Best of 3,5 or 7 weeks.

Both sites show the tips and race-by-race scores/updates in their own time-honoured fashion. I daresay SNM's display ain't exackly the same as PJ's but it matters not.

At the end of the 3,5 or 7 week series the winning site has bragging rights until the next Challenge Series. Could even be done twice a year, covering the autumn and spring carnivals ...

P'raps the most interesting thing would be ...which 5 tipsters get selected for each site?

MM

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Danger! Danger! Warning Will Robinson!!  The Mustelid Hath Been Thinking Even More ...

What about this?

Team TRP (ie 5 selected players representing TRP) vs Team RC (likewise for Race Cafe) in an agreed format, let's say Best of 3,5 or 7 weeks.

Both sites show the tips and race-by-race scores/updates in their own time-honoured fashion. I daresay SNM's display ain't exackly the same as PJ's but it matters not.

At the end of the 3,5 or 7 week series the winning site has bragging rights until the next Challenge Series. Could even be done twice a year, covering the autumn and spring carnivals ...

P'raps the most interesting thing would be ...which 5 tipsters get selected for each site?

MM

I can definitively say there will be no intersite comp. However if you wish to keep floating ideas who am I to stop you?

• Like 2