The Race Place

Carrera Lucia

Happy Sunrise

There is no doubt in my mind that Carrera Lucia was denied a fair start in Race 6 at Palmerston North but the stipes see it differently. How they do I do not know as some of the recent examples of late scratchings have been very debatable. 

Glitz and Glam broke behind the gate with Carrera Lucia right behind it, it was consequently out of position and lost lengths.

So why did it not get scratched? Because it still got 4th with the mid race crash etc so the rules have finally been caught out. First 4s and Top 4 bets stand but anyone who backed it Top 3 or better is screwed.

The stipes must shit their pants when they get faced with situations like this. Another harness debacle.

CARRERA LUCIA - checked late in the score up and had to shift wider on the track. Checked near the 1200 metres. Authorisation of 4th placing was withheld until Stewards had viewed a replay of the start and were satisfied that although the mare had received interference prior to the start its chances had not been materially prejudiced.

Bollocks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

CARRERA LUCIA - checked late in the score up and had to shift wider on the track. Checked near the 1200 metres. Authorisation of 4th placing was withheld until Stewards had viewed a replay of the start and were satisfied that although the mare had received interference prior to the start its chances had not been materially prejudiced.

Bollocks.

I had Juju Mama in that and thought that it should have been a false start with the interference. Juju probably would have won but tripped over its own legs. My luck at Palmy.

4 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

should have been a false start with the interference

No question about that. How the starter missed it I do not know.

I thought the drivers were going to pull up straight after the crash, similar to what they have been doing recently but fortunately for my bet they thought better of it.

Palmy too close to Trentham?

Edited by Happy Sunrise