The Race Place

Autumn NPC Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Another shocking effort by yours truly but I will take the win (badly needed). Well done team Ferdies.  A bit of help from moi & PJ would have improved your chances but we did try. Congrats to winning team overall.  Another excellent comp run by the Master PJ.👍

• Like 1

Round 7 (FINAL) - Saturday Apr 30

Race 10 - Morphettville R7

1st - 10 Glint of Hope W-$13.10

2nd - 2 Barb Raider Q-$77.50 

Scr: 1,13,19,20

2 MAGPIES (1st)

$1015.80

0 points

3 TURBOS (5th)

$1141.40

2 points

Richie nails Ray at the death with the Jap-bred winner but Steve P does likewise to Jamison with a BB to see the Turbos hold on and claim Man of the Match honours in the process. Stevie N was Magpies' MVP. No bonus points were earned

271.40 Jamison

393 Steve P

131 Ian

228 Ziggy

175.40 Richie

92 Ray

341 Stevie N

167.40 Gary

97 Secret Squirrel

261 Blind Squirrel 

3 FERDIES (3rd)

$738.00

2 points

2 SWAMP FOXES** (4th)

$726.00

0 (x 2 Double Joker Play) = 0 points

The Ferdies held on despite all missing in the last where Rees bagged a sweet BB to down the scorer and pull one back for the Swamp Foxes who came perilously close to a higher team aggregate. Rees' last race effort earned him Man of the Match status while Heather, with another solid effort, was 'Naki MVP. No bonus points were earned

235.40 Heather

128 Punter Pete

201.40 Tom

72 Maria

61.40 Maurice

55 Harewood

106.40 Zac

131 Robert

140.40 PJ

340 Rees

2 HIGHLANDERS (2nd)

$667.00

0 points

3 CHIEFS** (6th)

$1113.80

2 (x 2 Double Joker play) = 4 points

The Highlander's only hope to win the match - Mac 'n' Cheese - is off the menu after trailing home a dismal last although Rex found the Nipponese winner to slip past Smiler by 20 cents to pull one back for the Otago lads at the death. The victorious Chiefs finished strongly with Gee and Our Maizcay (who took Man of the Match honours) finding the Busuttin/Young winner. Rex - good to have you back - was Otago MVP. No bonus points were earned but the Chiefs' Joker play saw them double their two points earned for the win.

19 Hesi

253 Gee

272 Rex

271.80 Smiler

184 Midnight Caller

363 Our Maizcay

114 Craig

37 Trotslover

78 Rob

189 Jack

3 BLUES (7th)

$1045.40

2 points

2 KAURI KATS*** (8th)

$980.40

0 (x 3 Triple Joker play) = 0 points

Douceur loomed up on the turn to have Max reaching for the Moet but faded on the run although Pam and Sharne each bagged beaut BBs on the Moor winner to almost get the Kats a higher aggregate. Howie, who was the only Jaffa on the final winner, totalled an impressive 7 winners - the last 6 straight - was Man of the Match while Sharne was once again Kauri Kat MVP. The Kats Joker play came to nought and no bonus points were earned due to Pam pinging past Gordy at the death to cut the Blues' margin to the minimum.

519.40 Howie

131.40 Max

54 Pete

0 Jen

158 Gordy

299 Pam

60 Roland

429 Sharne

254 Geoff

121 Graeme

FINAL TABLE

Defeat today for the Magpies didn't matter as they held on due to their main rivals the Highlanders and Swamp Foxes also losing while the Ferdies won but could only have drawn level on points, having a considerably inferior aggregate. So it;s a huge congratulations to Secret Squirrel, Stevie, Richie, Jamison and Captain Ian on a superb effort to become the Autumn NPC Super Comp Champions !

Despite defeat the Highlanders held on to 2nd only thanks though to Rees nailing PJ at the death when the Ferdies (with a better aggregate) were looking on for a 22 points total. Despite defeat the Swamp Foxes held 4th while the Chiefs' Joker-assisted win saw them claim one final place pushing the Turbos (winners today also) down to 6th. The Battle of Wellsford went the way of the Blues leaving Max and crew consoling themselves with Moet in the basement....  

Thanks to everyone for taking part. There will be a break of a few weeks before the next Super Comp although I may run the odd one-day Saturday comp from time-to-time. Check back every Friday to see what's going on.

1st 22 Magpies - CHAMPIONS -$8180.00

2nd 20 Highlanders $5567.60

3rd 19 Ferdies $6345.80

4th 15 Swamp Foxes $8655.00

5th 15 Chiefs $7047.80

6th 15 Turbos $6169.20 

7th 10 Blues $7021.00

8th 4 Kauri Kats $7900.40

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Many thanks Jack and your Chief's Teammates , too good for us Southerners today.

Well boys , we tried but faded late , I've enjoyed playing along side you all.

Good luck Rob & MC with your horses.

Congratulations Magpies , well done.

What a buzz this Comp has been , who was that Bookie who had us as rank outsiders!!

As always Thanks PJ.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PWJ said:

4th 15 Swamp Foxes $8655.00

Big total and only 4th. Just goes to show yah. Well done Ian and the Magpies. I took a leaf out of your manual Ian and convinced the others to follow suit. Brilliant strategy, Mums the word. 👍

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Best Scores
519.40 Howie
429.00 Sharne
393.00 Steve P
363.00 Our Maizcay
341.00 Stevie N

Worst Scores 

55.00 Harewood

54.00 Pete

37.00 Trotslover

19.00 Hesi

0.00 Jen

Most Wins

7 Howie

6 Heather

6 Blind Squirrel

Most Quinellas
2 Smiler

2 PJ

2 Howie

Biggest Winning Margin
519.40 Howie
131.40 Max

Narrowest Winning Margin
272.00 Rex

271.80 Smiler

Highest Losing Score
271.80 Smiler

Lowest Winning Score
54.00 Pete

THE (FINAL) MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

2371.00 Gee (Chiefs) (5/2)

2206.20 Robert (Swamp Foxes) (5/2)

2030.00 Secret Squirrel (Magpies) (4/3)

2178.40 Pam (Kauri Kats) (4/3)

2020.40 Rees (Swamp Foxes) (4/3)

1908.20 Howie (Blues) (5/2)

1781.00 Tom (Ferdies) (6/1)

• Like 1

Congrats Howie and the Brothers Blue ...great match today and lotsa fun with some very tight finishes. Really enjoyable Comp overall. Thanks to my four teamies Jen, Sharne, Pam and Graeme who are great competitors and take the ups and downs in their stride.

Cheers PJ for amazing  work as usual and brilliant updates week in, week out. Take care out there!

MM

• Like 6

Very well done Ian, Richie, Stevie, Jamison and Secret Squirrel on your tremendous Magpies title win in this PJ Autumn NPC Super Comp. Very strong throughout, and thoroughly deserved winners. Did I read that right, Ian, 3 consecutive PJ Comp Championship victories ? That is absolutely outstanding ! Big kudos to you, my friend.

Hard luck today, Kauri Kats ... we Mighty Blues did enough to withstand your formidable Triple Joker play, but it wasn't easy. Phew ! 😀
Thanks Maxi and Kats ... a very good team and you were much, much better than your wooden spoon placing might indicate to the uninitiated.
Very small margins in PJ Comps as you would expect with the quality of all the participants. Certainly the 10 points we Mighty Blues dropped in R10 a fortnight back on our Triple Joker play (Cascadian ! aaagh 🙁) was the difference between us finishing Bottom 2 instead of Top 2. Very fine margins.

A big thank you to my Blues Brothers Geoff, Gordy, Roland and Pete for all your skill and effort. Always very enjoyable playing alongside you guys. This is very likely the last time all 5 of us will all be together in Mighty Blues colours, the longest-standing unchanged NPC team over the many seasons. It's been an absolute pleasure.

Thank you very much PJ for another outstanding comp ....always run so well, and always ensuring the highest level of fun and excitement for us all each Saturday afternoon. You're an absolute legend. Many, many thanks.

And thank you to all participants, playing so well and in such good spirit.

Still with me, Rees ? 😄

See ya all next time, folks. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Still with me, Rees ? 😄

Wide awake Howie. Great comp this time, the Joker plays were the defining moment. Obviously the Imperial Air Force has sacked Gee, going on the Magnificent Seven result. Might look on Trade Me for used goggles and flyers hat.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

Many thanks Jack and your Chief's Teammates , too good for us Southerners today.

Well boys , we tried but faded late , I've enjoyed playing along side you all.

Good luck Rob & MC with your horses.

Congratulations Magpies , well done.

What a buzz this Comp has been , who was that Bookie who had us as rank outsiders!!

As always Thanks PJ.

Thanks Craig .... Great challenge from your team... The Chiefs had to put in the effort in the later half to secure

the win ...Credit to your boys for putting up a sterling effort ... 

Cheers PJ  , Again another great Autumn Super Tipping competition done and dusted , Congrats to the Magpies , Ian you can come back to The Chiefs .... Thanks to Our Chiefs Players for a splendid season ... Our Maizcay , Trotslover , Smiler  and The King (Gee)...

Edited by Taniwha99
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Wide awake Howie. Great comp this time, the Joker plays were the defining moment. Obviously the Imperial Air Force has sacked Gee, going on the Magnificent Seven result. Might look on Trade Me for used goggles and flyers hat.:classic_biggrin:

nah my stuff gets sold  to...........

• Like 1

You might have to review that Triple Joker PJ.  Exciting, but too many aberrations

Magpies 1st 22 points with a good aggregate(8180) and clearly the best team, but

Kauri Kats 7900 aggregate, just below, but only  4 pts and tailing the field

Highlanders 5567 aggregate, the lowest easily, yet 20 points, and with a bit more effort in the last round, could have snatched it off the Magpies

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

In future Comps Max would like to see a new element introduced...teams that do not reach an aggregate of (say) $1,000 get docked 1pt (multiplied if playing their Joker?)
Imagine the fun in that, esp with a round or two to go. 

MM

By some miracle we held on, I'm not sure how, it's gotta be by having a Cat in our side (nine lives)

To my team of Champions Jamison Richie Stevie and Squirrel thanks for making my job as Captain an easy one, as Tony Lee would say we were waaaaay tooooo good 😅 well actually we weren't 

Yes Howie thats 3 in a row, well done mate on a Stirling performance from your good self today most winners highest aggregate, you were desperately unlucky against us (Cascadian) the other week

Thanks for all your efforts PJ much appreciated by all, hurry back, in the meantime enjoy a well deserved siesta 

Thanks for sharing my tactics Rees 😎  actually they were modified from the one and only SNM, speaking of John, he like Howie always stood out to me as the best two Captains these comps have seen, however John never won 3 comps in a row as Captain

Checkmate

Edited by VC!
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, VC! said:

By some miracle we held on, I'm not sure how, it's gotta be by having a Cat in our side (nine lives)

To my team of Champions Jamison Richie Stevie and Squirrel thanks for making my job as Captain an easy one, as Tony Lee would say we were waaaaay tooooo good 😅 well actually we weren't 

Yes Howie thats 3 in a row, well done mate on a Stirling performance from your good self today most winners highest aggregate, you were desperately unlucky against us (Cascadian) the other week

Thanks for all your efforts PJ much appreciated by all, hurry back, in the meantime enjoy a well deserved siesta 

Thanks for sharing my tactics Rees 😎  actually they were modified from the one and only SNM, speaking of John, he like Howie always stood out to me as the best two Captains these comps have seen, however John never won 3 comps in a row as Captain

Checkmate

Wrong game lol

Wow -getting in a supply of Pinot Gris and winning a Gp 3 is a recipe for a significant headache !!! Eyes are focussing better now. Cheers to the Turbo team mates - one day the comp will be ours !!

Well done to the winners and another superb effort PJ. Keeping an eye out for the next comp

• Like 4

• pete unpinned this topic