The Race Place

How sick is this.

barryb

'It's beyond a joke' - farmer outraged at milk tanker fracas near front gate | Stuff.co.nz

These poor bloody people have been putting up with this shit for ages, stop fecking namby pambying. We are just such soft cocks on this sort of thing, too much time is spent worrying about shitbags piss poor upbringing etc, instead of the poor bloody silent innocents caught up in this stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Very difficult for the police to get a conviction because of lack of evidence

And lack of cooperation to boot, which in my eyes implicates those not cooperating and should be dealt with. How many times have we seen that with young children/baby's ending up in Starship hospital and everyone shutting up, therebye curtailing the normal process of justice. Namby pamby is an understatement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

And lack of cooperation to boot, which in my eyes implicates those not cooperating and should be dealt with. How many times have we seen that with young children/baby's ending up in Starship hospital and everyone shutting up, therebye curtailing the normal process of justice. Namby pamby is an understatement.

Won't get a hardliners approach from Andrew Coster.  He convinced Cabinet of his all inclusive approach and won the job over other frontline candidates 

I think Andrew Coster is doing a good job considering the times we live in.

IMO the lock em up attitude is not working so new progressive attitudes need to be attained.

Remember chaps it's 2022 not 1972 although the music was a hell of lot better back then.

The kick up the arse no longer works!

Craig, that limp waisted response is exactly what I would have expected.

People who says shit like that have never been on the wrong side of crime and believe far more in rehabilitating criminals than they do in reassuring victims.

The point limp wrists miss is that we know punishments don’t rehabilitate many crims, but there’s a bloody point where you have to reassure the public on safety for the greater good above individual needs.

• Like 1

Well surprise surprise the first response was from sort of me mate Barry.

I have unfortunately had dealings with the Police ...... identifying my sister after committing suicide & the young chap drop the photo's which sadly

I saw.

I have a mentally unwell niece still living with my aged mother (numerous Police Calls) so I have to visit or ring every couple of days.

So please do not tell me I'm a soft fuck as regards Police . I know them better than I hope you ever will and they do a good job.

No one said the cops were not doing a good job  Craig, I am aware of the shit they deal with. 
The domestic violence calls, elder abuse, kids, gangs, repeat offenders, none of this is there making.

Tell us all how you would deal with the boy racers if caught that are terrorising that poor rural community, stop a tanker driver in the early hours, scare the shit out of him and destroy $80k of someone else’s product?.

Here,s what should happen, perpetrators caught should lose licence for 3 months, cars impounded for 1 month, uploading of the event to social media should be punishable with a fine & compensation for loss handed down. 3 strikes for car impounding & it’s crushed.

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Won't get a hardliners approach from Andrew Coster.  He convinced Cabinet of his all inclusive approach and won the job over other frontline candidates 

Yep, I have a few ex cops as friends and their assessment of Mr Coster is not flattering. A Govt appointed puppet. Sorry Craig.  

44 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

I know them better than I hope you ever will and they do a good job.

Craig, no one here is aiming at the front line police. they cope with the under staffed /under resourced administration of the day, and  I feel for them. The Corrections Dept is no different. I have a mate of 17 yrs service and the story's of understaffing and administrative blunders are hair raising.

Andrew Coster was appointed as a yes man, no more and no less. You got what Jacinda wanted. 

Sorry Rees 

I disagree Andrew Coster was appointed as he has a different view, Yes I will say quite left-wing but I believe we (NZ) needed to try a different tact.

I'm sure what we are trying is what is happening in both Sweden & Norway or though I may be wrong.

We cannot keep throwing people in jail because we or you think that is the normal thing to do.

Racism in NZ in 2022 is high (& please I'm not saying anyone on here is fueling that) and we need to have new measures to change the average joe-bloggs.

There are issues Police have to deal with that they shouldn't ...........I do accept that.

48 minutes ago, barryb said:

No one said the cops were not doing a good job  Craig, I am aware of the shit they deal with. 
The domestic violence calls, elder abuse, kids, gangs, repeat offenders, none of this is there making.

Tell us all how you would deal with the boy racers if caught that are terrorising that poor rural community, stop a tanker driver in the early hours, scare the shit out of him and destroy $80k of someone else’s product?.

Here,s what should happen, perpetrators caught should lose licence for 3 months, cars impounded for 1 month, uploading of the event to social media should be punishable with a fine & compensation for loss handed down. 3 strikes for car impounding & it’s crushed.

Firstly just like any group , most "Boy Racers" behave because their being watched.

If they cause vandilism , then ofcourse they need dealt with.

I just get a bit annoyed when everything is thrown back towards Prime Minister or Andrew Coster being that they side with the left.

I'm in a grumpy mood anyways as I am being made redundant end of April and I have NO fkn idea what I'm gonna do job wise @ 54 I don't even have a CV!

Sorry to hear this Craig, you have been such a great contributor to this site, so wish you well.  CV's are easy.

Having been made redundant at 45, after 20 years with that company, I can assure you, there is always something better around the corner

• Like 1

8 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Firstly just like any group , most "Boy Racers" behave because their being watched.

If they cause vandilism , then ofcourse they need dealt with.

I just get a bit annoyed when everything is thrown back towards Prime Minister or Andrew Coster being that they side with the left.

I'm in a grumpy mood anyways as I am being made redundant end of April and I have NO fkn idea what I'm gonna do job wise @ 54 I don't even have a CV!

Mate, fuck that sucks,  If you need a hand or advice ask Craig, I have helped hundreds with CVs, interview skill’s, how to write cover letters, where to find jobs etc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2