The Race Place

Stealing comp formats

pete

A little bemused that the genius on Racecafe felt good about stealing a competition format that I thought up on here and is basking in the glow of people telling him what a genius he is for thinking of it.

Those of you who played Last Person Standing on here really enjoyed it so I'm hardly surprised he felt the need to duplicate the concept.

It's kind of like Madonna trying to do American Pie though. You can't touch the original.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just for Madonna's little helper on Racecafe here's the original format.

Sound familiar? Feeling a little bit silly now?

"Post your entries here for this competition. Just race number and horse numbers please. If names and numbers are posted then I will be using the numbers as your selections.

You need to select two horses per race on Auckland Cup Day this Sunday.

These selections will have an imaginary $1EW placed on them.

You stay 'standing' if either of your entries finish in the first 4 placings otherwise you are OUT of the comp.

Please select two races as 'jokers'. On those races you will be credited with double the amount collected for your two selections. In addition those two races will be counted as free passes - if you happen to not finish in the first 4 placings with either of your two selections then you will remain live in the competition.

In the event of more than one player managing to survive right through the card then the player with the highest dollar total wins.

Similarly as an example if 3 players remain live in Race 8 and none of their selections finish in the first 4 and no jokers have been played then the player with the highest aggregate after Race 7 wins.

The last surviving player wins $200 worth of fixed odds on Bet 365 on Oaks day at Trentham. There will be a limit of 4 bets to the total of $200.

SCRATCHINGS

Please note very carefully that scratching replacements will be allowed until entries are closed but there will be no automatic substitution of any scratched horses that remain in your entry. So if both of your horses are scratched and you haven't designated that race as a joker, you are out of the comp.

CLOSING TIME

Is midday on Sunday 13th March.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask."

1 hour ago, curious said:

"February made me shiver with every paper I delivered" The whole context of the song but clearly wouldn't fit for Madonna so she cans the line.

She has completely prostituted the lyrics and therefore the whole reason the song was written by Don McLean, into a love ditty.

Are you even allowed to do that?

Last post on this subject.

The comp organizer on Racecafe now reckons he ran a similar comp three or four years ago and I entered.

Facts are that it was one of the first comps we ran on Raceplace and he entered it.

Not the other way around.

You should go into politics Madge.

He does seem to have a bee in his bonnet, over something that was of his own making Pete.

I note also he uses PJ's scoring format, and also a week after I announced i would run a Losers comp on TRP while PJ was taking a well earned sabbatical, hello, there he is with his new loved up buddy running a Losers comp on RC.

Seems to have trouble moving on, and holds a grudge forever

• Like 1