The Race Place

Highlights past 3 months & Questions

karrotsishere

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

The correct answer is with both horses starting this season 10 times for 7 wins, 2 2nds & 1 3rd.

Self Assured $756,750

Sundees Son $254,125

Not really a problem Karrots. Sundee could of had an Interdominion crack if they wanted more money? Majestic Man had a go and ran 2nd in the Grand Final.

There are 3 times (at least) as many pacers around than trotters so seems good to me they have better prizemoney to cover them all.

Best Feature for decades is the Racing Season being the annual Jan-Dec calender from now on !!!!!! Self Assured racking up 3/4 mill since New Year .. brilliant effort . just 3 narrow defeats..

They can run BIG FEATURE 2 year old races at the huge November Cup Meeting at Addington from now on !!!. The feature Sires Stakes was 3 year olds there for years but now the 2 Year olds will get a Look-In ? Hope they run a 1/4 mill race for them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Not really a problem Karrots. Sundee could of had an Interdominion crack if they wanted more money? Majestic Man had a go and ran 2nd in the Grand Final.

Oh hey Lightning, wasnt meaning it a prob. Was looking under Leading Horse & it popped up. They being the Top 2. Thought exact same stats were interesting. Must be The Race, that has bounced Self Assured winnings up. Werent they going to run a Trot for next year?

Have a crack at todays question 😃 You & Richie should be able to get it.

39 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Have a crack at todays question 😃 You & Richie should be able to get it

Oh ok . I'm definitely going for beaut Art Major colt MERLIN . Undefeated so far in 4 runs and owned by a Queensland bloke Dean Shannon, who races a few horses in Oz as well as out of Big Bar's Clevedon stable.

go the North Islanders !!  and Queenslanders lol...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Oh ok . I'm definitely going for beaut Art Major colt MERLIN . Undefeated so far in 4 runs and owned by a Queensland bloke Dean Shannon, who races a few horses in Oz as well as out of Big Bar's Clevedon stable.

go the North Islanders !!  and Queenslanders lol...

Will give you a point for having a go 😀

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Hint - Outdated showed Top 4 as

Dont Stop Dream, Merlin, Seve, Final Collect

Forever Me, Kalua Flyby, Trecherous Gall & Notorious RGB

Who is still in & who is out - replaced by who?

Ill rephase question. These were the Top 4 based on Stakes. Now the 4th has dropped down to 5th spot (Final Collect & Notorious RGB) and 1 new comer has joined the Top 4 in each section. Both new comers trained by your & Richies fav stable.

So who is the boy? & who is the girl that is now in the Top 4?

Will give Lightning & Gospel 1 point each for having a go. Think they answering whom they think is the best 2yo boy in NZ. That isnt the question tho lol. 

Answer to question is Vinke B & Millwood Nike are now both in the Top 4 respectively. Merlin is already in top 4. As the season goes on the Top 4 can change. 

Top 4 are boys Dont Stop Dreaming, Merlin, Vinke B, Seve  

Top 4 girls Forever Me, Kaluha Flyby, Trecheous Gall, Millwood Nike

Points update - Globe 3, Richie 2, Lightning 1, Gospel 1.

9 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Majestic Man had a go and ran 2nd in the Grand Final.

Yep, he was a moral beaten. Was there that night and the silly bugger wouldn't take the passing lane(he lugged outwards , which he had never done before) until too late from behind Winterfell . Phill Williamson was crestfallen, seriously. 

Speaking of MM, where is Enteebee? Thought he would be a bit more vocal, given recent events.

Since todays question was a bit of a mix up, will give you tomorrow question, so you can sleep on it.

On Sunday HRNZ CEO Woodham was interviewed. He said something along the lines of lately things have been negative. Wasnt really sure what he was meaning or refering too. Then he said that the media & keyboard warriors have been giving Harness a bad time. 

Question - I get what he means re media & I agree! BUT whom is he meaning keyboard warriors? (I havent been posting for approx 3 months or in the know - back 1 week ish - so surely cant be me?? & I do try to post a balance). It alluded too what the media was going on about these keyboard warriors were too (altho I could be mistaken).

Anyway any ideas who & what is he referring to? I dont actually know the answer. So 1 point for an answer. 

Edited by karrotsishere

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Yep, he was a moral beaten. Was there that night and the silly bugger wouldn't take the passing lane(he lugged outwards , which he had never done before) until too late from behind Winterfell . Phill Williamson was crestfallen, seriously. 

2 great seconds for the great MM then !,  as I was thinking he was an excellent 2nd this year in the Interdom at Menangle but now see that was actually run last December.... title to Richard Brosnan's fine trotter Maori Law. 

(for comparing Sundee's Son earnings to Self Assured that Karrots was doing) then again Self Assured didn't go to the Pacers Interdominion Final either at Menangle, where I think he could have beaten 'Boncel Benjamin' all ends up lol.

12 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Re Keyboard warriors. Say that Harness Racing owners group on Facebook. Been giving serve to Racing for couple years know. That be main moaners. Then just whoever feel on other sites.

Yes you are prob right Gospel. The only 1 thing I thought it maybe to do with was which chatted last week about C Jones case which an article was published & written by C Barclay, BUT we have moved on & this week chatting about other things. Only bringing it up as now as just reading another journo saying, that it wasnt Flexadin, as reported by C Barclay. That it was Flexidin. Which if so there is an oil injectable. If this is correct, not our fault The Star journo made an error. Still an injection race day is an injection race day. 

PS and it is current events. Surely ok to talk about current events - the good & the bad. 

1 point for Gospel. 

Points update - Globe 3, Gospel 2, Richie 2, Lightning 1

Edited by karrotsishere

27 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

For anyone interested MM is starting at Adders on Frid. He is over his respiratory troubles and fresh and ready. 

Go MM. Here it is folks. RIB verdict. 21 months for injecting on raceday. Im sad for the horse that it was the exact same horse that Alford injected or fiddled with. 

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/non-raceday-inquiry-reserved-written-decision-dated-27-june-2022-cameron-jones/

Tomorrows questions. 1 point for giving an answer for 1 & 2, as any answer is correct as its opinion. Question 3 has only 1 answer.

1. How important is integrity to you in Harness? Scale from 1 - 10.
  2. Are some people getting too caught up in the integrity part & therefore missing the positives of Harness or is their stance fair if integrity is a 10 score for you?
  3. Who is the NZ young lad that does a wonderful job in giving information/results about all the winners & place getters in North America?
Edited by karrotsishere

53 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

How important is integrity to you in Harness? Scale from 1 - 10.

Human nature would dictate that dishonest decisions will be made within any Industry. I don't have any time for those that push the boundary's illegally for monetary gain, and I am sure those majority of trainers that play within the rules and love their sport would feel the same. 10-10

58 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Are some people getting too caught up in the integrity part & therefore missing the positives of Harness or is their stance fair if integrity is a 10 score for you?

If no one calls it for what it is,  then it allows this type of behaviour to flourish. They aren't called thieves on wheels for nothing so stand up for something or you will fall for anything. Harness needs all the positive vibes it can muster so if something is seen to be done about illegal behaviour then it can only have a flow on effect to those watching within and without the Industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Globe 1 point for you for answering. Ill answer also to give myself a point hehe. Anyone else feel free to answer too. All opinions are welcome.

I also give a 10 out of 10 for integrity. However I do feel like sometimes on odd occassion I can get swept into being too negative. Considering its only a very small percentage of those disrepecting the rules. 

In saying that I understand how those that have been in the industry alot longer than I will be infuriated that the small percentage of people disrepecting the rules are trashing the image of Harness. This is based on fact that mainstream press is nowadays publishing everything over & over. I guess this never used to be the case. 

Another thing I want to highlight is no-one I socialize with is remotely interested in me talking about Harness. IF I bring it up they roll their eyes. It actually pees me off as I Iisten to their rubbish, that I am dis-interested in. They will only tolerate me talking about Harness if I talk about how Sweety Lewey is going. 

This is a warning to those older in the industry. This is the interest of how the younger generation view the sport dis-interested backed up by what they read in the media.

I am not in control of any of this. It does concern me if the CEO is worried about keyboard warriors without specifically saying whom. Does he mean me? Goodness what have I said. I want what is best for the sport. I want the sport to survive. There is a bit of debate online about the Harness CEO giving permission to a trainer that has been banned allowing to break in horses, or maybe its just he grazing or maybe its just hes allowed to wean horses. Whatever it is, it doesnt effect me. BUT whatever it is if published in mainstream media will have an effect on public  perception. And without guessing it will NOT be positive.

Harness has so much postive to give. It can be GREAT again. It can be a success. BUT people from the old need to really register things in 2022 are NOT the same.

Dont get angry with me. Im not the change that is needed.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, karrotsishere said:

Next question/s.

1. When is Copy That back?

Now for some positive news. Copy That is back. He will be trialing start of August & aimed for NZ CUP! Yippee. Go Copy That. 

Also answer to todays question 3) who does a fab job with giving results for North American of NZ/Aus horses is Jnr C Dalgety.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/x-rays-show-the-champ-copy-that-100-new-zealand-cup-here-we-come/

• Like 1

Final question. Exactly 1/2 way thru season. Telfers & All Stars are equal leaders of Premiership. How many wins are they are both on?

(Recall this time last year prior Telfers set up South, posting saying to watch out for Telfers based on numbers, in 2-3 years they will be the Premiership winners. Wow its just 1 year on & they are already in hunt for the win!

An update - McKendry changed his plea from guilty to not guilty & had his hearing. The charge was upheld & he has been suspended for 3 days up to & including 21 July 2022 re Simply Sam drive.

Heres a wrap up. We covered a bit 👍 Winner Round 1 Globe. Winner Round 2 Globe. Overall winner of Current Affairs Globe!

Current equal leaders premiership are Telfers & All Stars. How many wins have they got? 51 each.

How do you watch Harness Chat Show on You Tube? Irrelevant as show has currently stopped.

Have all Inca Charges been dropped? All but 1, race at Manawatu.

Where is everyone in hibernation? Some have quietly resurfaced.

Weanling sale prices were up what was a driving factor? Exports approx a dozen have gone recently. Perhaps 1 factor is more than usual Aussie participants.

Who is current Top Performer 2yo? Merlin & Forever Me.

Are 2yo Jewels on? Leaderboard isn’t up dated. Yes 4th Dec. Leaderboard has now been updated.

When is Copy That back? In work 8 weeks & will trial by early Aug.

How did an Aussie come & beat Kiwis on home soil? Usual driver M Purdon Self Assured was not onboard.

Who is current best Aussie horse? Spirit of St Louie, but watch out for Mach Shard.

How will Sprit of St Lou go up against Copy That? TBC.

What series is on & who will win? Amateurs. B Wilcott winner.

Recenty has minimum stakes increased? No. But CEO said 2nd half of season more money would be going into Stakes & a big meeting 4th Dec. A call by a Harness & Gallop trainer in Southland was put out in media to put minimum stakes up.

Who is NZ trainer in North America that started an app? P Court stablehub.ca

What journo is calling for Lincoln Farms to be punished. Peter Profit. (McKendry suspended 3 days re Simply Sam drive).

Who is North American owner (Amazing Dream & American Dealer) publicly calling for Down Under to make changes & is out til changes are made? G Banks

Which 2 open class horses have same stats this season. Same starts, wins, 2nds, 3rds, but 1 has 3x more stake money. Self Assured & Sundees Son

Who are current TOP 4, 2yos Jewels Leaderboard? Don’t Stop Dreaming, Merlin, Vinke B, Seve / Forever Me, Kaluha Flyby, Trecheous Gall, Millwood Nike

Where are C Barclays Star news articles? Online links to his name provided. Not all his articles are published online. (Note in print he wrote Flexadin was used this incorrect it was Flexidin). C Jones out for 21 months.

Who is CEO referring to as keyboard warriors? Possibly Harness Racing owners group along with some others. Here is the transcript “18 months into the job, is what you came into what you expected?  “No, nothing like it. I don’t want to sound negative but I came in here thinking that we had a sport that was collaborative & worked with each other, cause Iv seen it. I go down to stables & see guys helping each other, at the TAB at sites all around see people enjoying themselves, but unfortunately those people that are there all the time are, but its keyboard warriors that are sitting behind ya, that knock our sport down all the time and journalists who like to look at the negatives oppose the positive and there are so many positives in our sport”.

How important is integrity? 10/10

Who is the NZ young lad that does a fab job giving results from ex NZ/Aus horses now racing in North America? Jnr C Dalgety.

Edited by karrotsishere

31 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Who is current best Aussie horse? Spirit of St Louie, but watch out for Mach Shard.

He is from NZ Karrots, so cant really be classed as the best Aussie technically. He has risen to the top fairly quickly,but it doesn't surprise me as I have followed him right from the start.  Personally I think Mach Shard is a bit below the best, still a good horse though. 

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

He has risen to the top fairly quickly,but it doesn't surprise me as I have followed him right from the start.  

Yes & isnt it great. Lou really needed a stand-out. Based on Lous numbers class 2019 would of thought he had have more hoofs on ground, than what has appeared 2yos. Bettors still dominating even with less 2yos breed. But still time left this season. 

On another note, there is a poster named Walt on BOAY. I know I shouldnt bring up BOAY & this a once off. He wasnt there when I was there. Seems newish. Anyway he is IMO the best poster Iv seen. Very articulate & open minded. Fair & knowledgable. He has announced hes leaving BOAY. But doesnt appear to know this site exists. Im only back temp here. Figured if someone who still posts there could let him know this site exists. Shame to lose his voice & he would be good here esp when Im gone. He doesnt appear to want to post on RC. 

On 6/29/2022 at 4:58 PM, Globederby19 said:

For anyone interested MM is starting at Adders on Frid. He is over his respiratory troubles and fresh and ready. 

Checking results & replays. Nice win by MM. Ears pricking backward & forward after the post 😃 Nice to see him get a well deserved NZ win again. 

22 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

How will Spirit of St Lou go up against Copy That? TBC.

Lets see how Spirit goes tonight. Up against a bunch of ex Kiwis. 

Just as I say the below Lou gets a 2yo winner last nite in Lusaka 😃

18 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Based on Lous numbers class 2019 would of thought he had have more hoofs on ground, than what has appeared 2yos. Bettors still dominating even with less 2yos breed. But still time left this season. 

Edited by karrotsishere

20 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Just as I say the below Lou gets a 2yo winner last nite in Lusaka 😃

Nice win, but the horse that fell was coming up the inside , would have made it interesting. Very green but holds the head high and looks the goods.  

And yes MM looks to have shaken off the respiratory problems. Best last 800 and 400 sectionals so on track to do battle with the big boys again.

I like the other Sweet Lou in Spirit,s  race, Fire Fox. Cops a decent draw over the sprint and hasn't been far away from wide draws in his last two. 

46 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Nice win, but the horse that fell was coming up the inside , would have made it interesting. Very green but holds the head high and looks the goods.  

I like the other Sweet Lou in Spirit,s  race, Fire Fox. Cops a decent draw over the sprint and hasn't been far away from wide draws in his last two. 

Agree. That was hand-over mouth material. Thank goodness, no horses were directly behind the wee filly. Poor thing. Didnt like seeing that. Seems like she is ok & driver ok as per stripes report. 

Ok will keep eyes on Fire Fox & Spirit 👀😀

27 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Ok will keep eyes on Fire Fox & Spirit 👀😀

Fire Fox raced at Addington early on. Very good horse and ran 1.49.7 at Menangle first up in Australia, so knows how to sprint  and has been  19 times from 33 in the money. Could be the smokey tonight.