The Race Place

Winter Super Draft Comp Entry Thread

PWJ

Okay we have enough for 8 teams of 5 people. We still need TWO from the draft list to step up as Captains. It's just 15 minutes on a Saturday morning people - c'mon take the bull by the horns !

CAPTAINS

Hesi

Pete

Richie

Max

Our Maizcay

PJ

DRAFT

Rees

Ziggy

Jamison

Porky

Tonka

Midnight C

Wrinkles

Maurice

Ray

Smiler

Heather

Secret Squirrel

Blind Squirrel

Punter Pete

Ian

Sharne

Pam

Gary

Jen

Roland

Rex

Jack

Jakey Boy

Steve P

Tassie Tiger

Graeme

Rob

Gordy

Tom

Lightning Blue

Gee

Gospel of Judas

Howie

Stevie N

I was going to sit this one out as Captain as I’m not overly keen on Winter racing, that and the fact I’ve won the last three comps as Captain I thought I’d give someone else a crack at being a winning Captain, however if no one else is keen I can Captain again and make it 4 in a row just saying 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, VC! said:

I was going to sit this one out as Captain as I’m not overly keen on Winter racing, that and the fact I’ve won the last three comps as Captain I thought I’d give someone else a crack at being a winning Captain, however if no one else is keen I can Captain again and make it 4 in a row just saying 😎

Thank you Ian. Go for it !

One more please

2 hours ago, VC! said:

This decision has scuppered the reluctant Cap'n Max's masterful Master Plan... which was to select Ian in the Draft and then immediately 'abdicate' in deference to VC's vastly superior ability experience. Back to the old drawing board, but you can rest assured cap'n Max will think of sumthin.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Maximus said:

This decision has scuppered the reluctant Cap'n Max's masterful Master Plan... which was to select Ian in the Draft and then immediately 'abdicate' in deference to VC's vastly superior ability experience. Back to the old drawing board, but you can rest assured cap'n Max will think of sumthin.

MM

Had Ian down as my first pick too.

Now change of plan

• Sad 1

Okay Captains, listen up. Tomorrow I will put up the draft thread. But to help you I am going to post the draft order now so you can strategize (haha) ! We also need some team names by lunchtime Tuesday. PLEASE keep them simple and easy to abbreviate for my sake. You can use previously used names.

Hesi

Pete

Gordy

Ian

Richie

Max

Our Maizcay

PJ - Wily Wombats

DRAFT ORDER

1. Hesi

2. PJ

3. Gordy

4. Ian

5. Max

6. Richie

7. Pete

8. Our Maizcay

9. Our Maizcay

10. Pete

11. Richie

12. Max

13. Ian

14.  Gordy

15. PJ

16. Hesi

and repeat....

DRAFT POOL

Rees

Ziggy

Jamison

Porky

Tonka

Midnight C

Wrinkles

Maurice

Ray

Smiler

Heather

Secret Squirrel

Blind Squirrel

Punter Pete

Sharne

Pam

Gary

Jen

Roland

Rex

Jack

Jakey Boy

Steve P

Tassie Tiger

Graeme

Rob

Tom

Lightning Blue

Gee

Gospel of Judas

Howie

Stevie N

Summer draft final results to recap

1st 27 pts Offngone $10,632.40

2nd 23 pts Surf N Turf $10,351.60

3rd 17 pt Hot Baches $11,394.60

4th 17 pts Wurzels $9385.40

5th 13 pts Yahabebees $9821.20

6th 13 pts Max Factors $9180.40

7th 11 pts Grim Reapers $11,808.80

8th 11 pts Grey Ways $9131.20

9th 10 pts Mr Aybees $8558.60

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Can't see why not. If the whole team is combining with the 'same race pick' to put the 5 opponent away simultaneously , they'd be a strong chance of pulling it off.

The same race pick has to win though, easier said than done.

Please note, that the Reapers had the highest aggregate by some sizeable margin, yet finished well back.

I have my first draft pick sorted, and seeing as I am first pick, that is set in stone.  It will come as a surprise

5 minutes ago, Hesi said:

have my first draft pick sorted, and seeing as I am first pick, that is set in stone.  It will come as a surprise

Shame you can't pick Ian, as you'd be on a winner then (with great comp form on the board). Perhaps you have your good mate Pete locked in ? His form last week-end was 'through the ceiling' immaculate.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Shame you can't pick Ian, as you'd be on a winner then (with great comp form on the board). Perhaps you have your good mate Pete locked in ? His form last week-end was 'through the ceiling' immaculate.

He is a skip, so not available to pick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Are you looking for a spot on my team?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

You're a gifted analyst Ian, but I doubt you can do it again and select a team to take out this comp

So the smack talk begins

I’ll post this on my team’s message board, not that we’ll need any motivation 

Since you have first pick why don’t you tell one and all who the lucky person is, stone cold no one can steal them from you😎

• Haha 1

Just now, VC! said:

So the smack talk begins

I’ll post this on my team’s message board, not that we’ll need any motivation 

Since you have first pick why don’t you tell one and all who the lucky person is, stone cold no one can steal them from you😎

Might be a breach of protocol that is distasteful to PJ, and I never try to upset him, as I would never try to upset anyone in public forum who puts 10 hours per week into making such an enjoyable contribution to the site.

I just can't see you pulling off another win Ian, there are so many talented selectors on the site, never ceases to amaze me

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

The same race pick has to win though, easier said than done.

Please note, that the Reapers had the highest aggregate by some sizeable margin, yet finished well back.

I have my first draft pick sorted, and seeing as I am first pick, that is set in stone.  It will come as a surprise

Captain  Mannering  says... don't  tell him your name Pike!

• Haha 1