The Race Place

Arrogance

pete

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

While I would like to see Razor in charge I do not think it will happen - what about Joe Schmitt who was brought in at the last minute before the first Irish test where the AB's did look pretty good. Then Foster and Plumtree came back for the next 2 and we all know what happened!

I saw an article in the paper where it said that most people seem to be missing the fact that Schmidt is next in line.

Think he'd be great myself.

3 hours ago, barryb said:

Hesi, I hate to say it to you, but this is all Jacinda’s fault.

Rugby not unlike Racing has become a yawn fest, it started in late Jan with endless meaningless games of the most boring comp that fuck all understood.

NPC Rugby is dead, the Ranfurly shield is dead, I don’t even know who holds it right now.

For a large part of NZ public Rugby has become unobtainable to view and unfortunately that’s the player base of the past. Pillock kids play football on a Sat morn, only if it’s not raining, or frosty, Mum arrives in her 4x4 which has never seen dust with the after game fizzies and chocs for all the participation awards, fuck me. The glory days of Rugby are behind us, the lessons are not yet learnt as to why.

Four jollies in four months Barry! You would have to be pissed off if you were the trade minister. 

I think Schmidt is definitely in the running, but will the RU have the gonads to make what is a drastic change.

Mark Robinson has already signaled his intentions I believe, by not clearly supporting Foster, and calling off the Sun press conference

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

JMO but it wouldn't surprise me if Mark Robinson is unemployed after all this.

He comes across as another that sums up NZ rugby - soft as marshmellows.

I wonder how much professional rugby and contracts have to do with our demise. 

Contract - yeah still get paid no matter what - back in my playing days you played for loyalty and pride and if you did not perform - gone!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

He comes across as another that sums up NZ rugby - soft as marshmellows.

I wonder how much professional rugby and contracts have to do with our demise. 

Contract - yeah still get paid no matter what - back in my playing days you played for loyalty and pride and if you did not perform - gone!

And probably one of the reasons why rugby is no longer ingrained into the fabric of NZ life, like it used to be

7 hours ago, Hesi said:

I think Schmidt is definitely in the running, but will the RU have the gonads to make what is a drastic change.

No, the old boy school will never admit to a cock up. I guarantee he will be retained at least until the Springboks  tour. If they lose there , who knows. He is contracted out for another couple of years so the severance pay will be a lot, not to mention the egg splattered everywhere. 

RFU is as soft as its players (Savea aside), tend to agree with Barry here. (Now there's a first):classic_tongue:

Well picked to those that said so, but looking like the status quo will be retained.

Was anyone listening to Newstalk ZB on Mon avo, when a guy called Goose rang up, was that you VS.  Said had been to every AB test in NZ since 1976, even quit jobs to get there.  Would not attend another test while Foster was at the helm.  Apparently lives down your way VS

13 hours ago, Hesi said:

Well picked to those that said so, but looking like the status quo will be retained.

Was anyone listening to Newstalk ZB on Mon avo, when a guy called Goose rang up, was that you VS.  Said had been to every AB test in NZ since 1976, even quit jobs to get there.  Would not attend another test while Foster was at the helm.  Apparently lives down your way VS

Thought as much re Fozzy. I was hoping Hesi was going to run a book for SA. I was keen on the lady in red to step in and extend her away form ,going for a five timer! 

I think in the end, it became about the RU saving face, whereas it should have been about saving the aura of invincibility of the AB's, which now appears long gone.

Monumental f up.

Didn't Foster insist on Plumtree and Moar when he took over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Does this mean you could have been Mrs Muffin Boy, Karrots!😉

Hahaha. What are you talking about. All the girls liked him. He was tall, dark & handsome. Apologies for outburst other nite. 

Sad story a friend was on-off with his friend/team mate, who sadly committed suicide. There were no signs either. He also was a nice guy. 

Was just winding you guys up re Mrs 🤭 

Anyway not commenting any further on this thread. Apologies again for intrusion. Back to racing thread for me 😀

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

With Fozzy's possible demise depending  on results, are you running  a book on the next one in the hot seat Hesi? A large one on Schmidt and a wee saver on the lady in red for me.

Not me this time

AB's off to altitude at fortress Ellis Park, where they last played in 2015

They have played there 14 times, for a 10 loss/4 win record, those 4 wins at margins of 3, 3, 11, and 7 points.  This is a poor AB team, in disarray, upsets happen in sport, but very hard to see a win.

If the RU read the room, they will appoint Scott Robertson, hopefully Foster will step aside gracefully for the sake of NZ rugby and leave excuses as the domain of the Warriors.  Many AB supporters are disillusioned, but remain loyal, the RU needs to remember that

Only an emphatic and well played win can prevent that, and it is very unlikely to happen