The Race Place

Govt money going to the wrong people.

ngakonui grass

i'm not commenting on the sense or otherwise of the COL payment vs alternatives

i'm just saying that having made the decision to pay the COL allowance, it was probably more cost effective to take a simple earnings threshold approach than try to address the household income or means testing concerns

Well if we look at the Tories they were a freak show until they kicked Crusher out. Look at all of their losers that have either been forced to leave Parliament or have been humiliated  into leaving.

Jacinda has seen off four leaders, Crooked Bill English, Simple Simon, Gerd Muller and Crusher. There was also Paula Benefit, the MPs from down south, one got his cock out and took photos to send to young ladies and the other leaked confidential records leaked to him from a former president of The National Party. That is only a few of a long list of misfits that started with "Do you know who I am". 

Luxon seems to be a big improvement on the previous mob but he does not know if he is coming or going. Says that he is in Te Puke but is in Hawaii. Then sets  policy only to back track. Remember at the last election Goldsmith, The Finance spokesman on two occasions announced policy which did not add up. Thank goodness he never got anywhere near the Finance Minister's role.

I hope no one from the Tories ever plays Football because they will be scoring plenty of own goals

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, Bloke said:

Well if we look at the Tories they were a freak show until they kicked Crusher out. Look at all of their losers that have either been forced to leave Parliament or have been humiliated  into leaving.

Goodness me check out the latest article on Nat MP S Uffindell. What people get up to in their younger days that eventually finds its way to the public arena. Terrible. Article says he violently attacked a young boy with others. 

Edited by karrotsishere

On 8/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, Bloke said:

What about the ponytail puller, & J L Ross. No wonder some people dont vote. I feel like change but gee, thought Nats had had a clean out, but reading about Uffindell dunno ...  

Edited by karrotsishere

1 minute ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Pretty interesting Labour Party going on about this and acting all high horse. Clearly forgotten about this we gem. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/darren-hughes-resigns-as-mp/CDTPYXST77DEL7QD7NUAABHJOI/ Guy in late 20's  and minister. Vs National guy like 16 at the time. 

Hehe. Im a swing voter/floating voter actually. My vote is up for grabs. 

Just bored & having a wee stir. Nat MP Uffindell is currently doing a radio interview about this beating he took part in. Hes released a statement confirming its true. Victim remains annoymous.

Thats the thing with victims, its incredibly embarrassing for them & their friends/family to come forward when something sinister happens. Sometimes its easier to stay silent. Good on the victim for speaking up (altho annoymously). 

Ok @Gospel Of Judas just listened to his radio interview. Hes got to go. Cant have that. Nats dont need it. Get another. He only came clean 22 years later, just 9 months prior his political career announcement. So not buying it. Had apology to victim come within 5 ish years of incident then would seem more genuine & remorseful. 

But who bashes a younger kid up. Thats not cool. Then goes on to say hes embarrased for what he did. What about the victim. The effect on victims life. Perhaps talk about the victim oppose himself.

On a positive for Nats, see they can form a govt with Act latest poll. Ohh Labour be sweating. 

1 hour ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Why do think smear was put out before damaging poll? by NZ Government owned media company?

Gospel buddy, its irrelevant. He's guilty. Its like when I chatted about Victoria Gallops past headlines on sexual & physical abuse etc, a poster said BUT it happens in ALL industries. I dont care about other industries, nor was I talking about other industries. That does not make it ok 🙄

1 hour ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

T Mallard. 

Oh yeah that guy. Hes not cool either. Another one good riddence. 

This is what I mean, dont blame some voters for not voting. There isnt even a small party either that will likely get 5% (away from hard right or hard left eg Greens & Act) to vote for eg TOP or NZF. A vote for NZF or TOP would likely be a lost vote sigh.

Edited by karrotsishere

11 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Gospel buddy, its irrelevant. He's guilty. Its like when I chatted about Victoria Gallops past headlines on sexual & physical abuse etc, a poster said BUT it happens in ALL industries. I dont care about other industries, nor was I talking about other industries. That does not make it ok 🙄

I don't recall reading that because it happened in all industries, that made it OK. 

I wouldn't see the problem as being any lesser of a problem, if the problem didn't exist in the racing industry.  That's just playing politics, and politics is largely a bunch of people playing games. Best ignored.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I don't recall reading that because it happened in all industries, that made it OK. 

I wouldn't see the problem as being any lesser of a problem, if the problem didn't exist in the racing industry.  That's just playing politics, and politics is largely a bunch of people playing games. Best ignored.

Morning Mardi, it was you that said it  instantly comparing it to other industries. This was your opening paragraph & 1st sentence. Anyway Iv moved on from Nats MP news revealed last nite. Will wait & see whether they set a child beater as a standard & make excuses for it or not. As I said Id like to see change, but not if the alternative hasnt cleaned up its act (which under Luxton thought they had). 

"Just like the majority of industries - these things happen. Not excusing it for one second, but I'd suggest it is widespread as opposed to a racing issue alone. Any industry where people are put in positions requiring mentoring, and roles within clearly defined chains of command".

Edited by karrotsishere

7 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Morning Mardi, it was you that said it  instantly comparing it to other industries. This was your opening paragraph & 1st sentence. Anyway Iv moved on from Nats MP news revealed last nite. Will wait & see whether they set a child beater as a standard & make excuses for it or not. As I said Id like to see change, but not if the alternative hasnt cleaned up its act (which under Luxton thought they had). 

"Just like the majority of industries - these things happen. Not excusing it for one second, but I'd suggest it is widespread as opposed to a racing issue alone. Any industry where people are put in positions requiring mentoring, and roles within clearly defined chains of command".

I simply stated it happens everywhere. The but wasn't excusing it, so if you read it that way, you read it incorrectly. The but was indicating that it should not be looked at in isolation as that achieves nothing.

Why single out the racing industry, it isn't simply a racing industry issue, it's a national issue. Fixing things in the racing industry, doesn't fix the problem.

15 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I simply stated it happens everywhere. The but wasn't excusing it, so if you read it that way, you read it incorrectly. The but was indicating that it should not be looked at in isolation as that achieves nothing.

Why single out the racing industry, it isn't simply a racing industry issue, it's a national issue. Fixing things in the racing industry, doesn't fix the problem.

Mardi lol, your doing it again. Your 2nd paragraph this time. Anyways dont want to argue with you 😀 so last post on this political thread. 

50 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Mardi lol, your doing it again. Your 2nd paragraph this time. Anyways dont want to argue with you 😀 so last post on this political thread. 

Explain doing what again.

I'm not the one that thinks the issue is a racing industry issue - when it isn't. It's way bigger than that. That's the problem with talking about this issue and focusing on the racing industry. By talking about it in the context of just the racing industry, you're being dismissive of the reality of the issue.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mardigras said:

We'll have to disagree then. 

Cool, yea lets agree to disagree. Dont want to bring down your morning our difference in view. 

Enjoy the rest of your morning. 

Ps Iv noted your & Barry tips how you punt on Punting Perspective & have kind of started to do it that way. Change up how was doing it. And so far so good!! So thank you & Barry 😀👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Abit difference between 16 year old vs member parliament assaulting someone in parliament. Notice When Trevor Mallard assaulting someone we did not have witch hunt. Also noticed we did not have so much effort, when Mallard also false accused someone of rape. Suggest look behind media smears in New Zealand ,that are clearly paid for hits out of 55 million per year Public Interest Journalism fund.

Was more important message out of it. Jacinda Ardern popular personal vote gone down below 30%. This was timed very well to come up that point. Why scandal was used to divert people away from it. If can't see that well give up.

Thats cool GOS. Your probably right & will bear everything in mind when casting a vote. I dont like dirty politics. 

Hes been stood down now due to further allegations by a ex female flatmate. 

Come & chat on Harness thread 😀