The Race Place

Are you kidding me? Nelson flood relief fund ...

Maximus

Having made political capital of her visit to 'hug the peeps' and let em all know things will be alright, our PM has announced an immediate relief fund of $200,000.

Max is gobsmacked. I mean, really ..after she's printed and borrowed $62 Billion on account of Covid, this woman and her buffoons in Govet have amazingly found another $200,000 for 'immediate relief'.

Who gets it and how? And when? How immediate is immediate?

This is laughable. Except it's serious.

MM

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Maximus said:

Having made political capital of her visit to 'hug the peeps' and let em all know things will be alright, our PM has announced an immediate relief fund of $200,000.

That is a disgustingly small amount. I'm sure the Ethiopian trans handicapped glue-sniffers collective got 10 times that amount....

• Haha 2

Even worse is the fsct that whenever these things happen in NZ, the local Mayor cranks up a device called the 'Mayor's Fund' which is really just an appeal for $$ from all and sundry. Why doesnt Central Govt just transfer some of their gazillions into the Mayor's Fund to get localised help where its needed most urgently, and then get serious about repairing the crappy old roads, drinking wtaer pipes and wastewater systems that local govt has had to bear the brunt of funding for decades and decades...

• Like 1