The Race Place

This is NZ

barryb

I was there Thursday standing next to Michael Hill Jewllers while my wife got some Mc Donalds for the grandkids.

I can honestly say that i felt unsafe given the calibre of person that was walking past.

26 minutes ago, barryb said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/129986908/group-armed-with-hammers-smash-way-into-shopping-centre-jewellery-stores

Get to grips with this shit real quick Jacinda, Law & Order will be the biggest voting tool at the election for sure.

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Another sign of the widening affluence gap in NZ

Don't know what the answer is.  Clamping down hard? many will say it does not work, but then the current softly softly approach is not working either

What the fuck are you talking about?.

Mate, thats a limp dicked Labour voter bullshit statement if ever there was one.

Its more to do with shit parent upbringing and a total bloody lack of respect, I don't give a fuck about the guys perpetrating this stuff, its the general public's feeling of unsafe like NG mentions above.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Hesi, just leave barryb and Max to run the country while you look after TRP. We'd sort this crap out in no time by making criminals afraid of the consequences.

MM

I am in favour of bringing back the birch, crimes like this should be flogged on a Sunday morning in the main street.

It will soon reduce the Prison population if they knew they were going to get birched.

4 hours ago, barryb said:

What the fuck are you talking about?.

Mate, thats a limp dicked Labour voter bullshit statement if ever there was one.

Its more to do with shit parent upbringing and a total bloody lack of respect, I don't give a fuck about the guys perpetrating this stuff, its the general public's feeling of unsafe like NG mentions above.

I agree with you Barry, we need to get tough with these pricks as we cannot mitigate their actions. 

I agree that the Government has dropped the ball on this but your mates The Tories speak tough but do fuck all. John Key had a war on "P" remember that. The result was nothing. Crusher did better, she managed to crush 3 cars. Now the current Tory Leader (Mini Me) has the answer, he is going to ban gang Patches.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I think you will find if you did some research into case studies around the world, of increasing the severity of punishments to deter crime, that the results would say, it does not work

Cuddling sure isn’t right now.

Hesi, the problem with loons like you is you focus on how terrible it must be for the perpetrators to contemplate doing something like this.

What about the poor bastards who work at MH, terrified, cleaning up a fucking mess and possibly out of pocket with no work for a few days, and they are innocent mate.

More and more of these brazen acts are happening because of little consequence Hesi, no other reason.

We hear bullshit about crime dropping, the only thing dropping is the reporting of it. Most people know little action will happen so they don’t bother reporting minor issues like they used too.

I lay blame clearly at the Court steps ... no consequences.

The 18 year old who raped 4 young girls when 16, now 18 ... 4 months home detention.

The Gang guys with a lengthy history of meths dealing ... starting point 10 years inside .... discounted 25% for pleading guily then a further 25% for the upbringing they sadly had ... exposure to drugs, alcohol and crime thus denied the upbringing to make good decisions

WTF

Meantime 4 young raped victims carry pain for life .... The lives the long term meths dealers destroyed and the suicides caused when they took their lives because couldn't pay the dealers debt .... they all mean fuck all.

NZ the way you have it ... not the way we want it

Look no further than the courts .... no consequences these days 

Edited by Turny
  • Like 4

Cops are soft too, whether through sheer frustration by knowing there will be no consequences, or some other reason, I don't know.

I had a meth addict, who boarded with me, hack into my bank acct and nick some money.

Rang the police to file a report, as required by the bank.  They couldn 't have cared less.   Kick him out, advised Mr Plod.   No way, I said, that only shifts the problem on to someone else.  Plus, you can come and put your hand on his collar when you want.  He's got a history of theft. Nah, we won't do that.  Too busy.  Are you scared of him?  No.  And, I can keep my foot on his throat with a rough show of getting some of it back.   Good luck, was the reply.

I did get the money back, bit by bit....the only one of his victims to do so from what I gather.  But the police were not interested at all.  If they had put some pressure on him they may have found some dealers, too, but sounds like it was too much hard work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bloke said:

I agree with you Barry, we need to get tough with these pricks as we cannot mitigate their actions. 

I agree that the Government has dropped the ball on this but your mates The Tories speak tough but do fuck all. John Key had a war on "P" remember that. The result was nothing. Crusher did better, she managed to crush 3 cars. Now the current Tory Leader (Mini Me) has the answer, he is going to ban gang Patches.

Nats just as bad Bloke but in the case of crushing the cars it was the Judges fault as they were the ones who wouldn't  pass that sentence.

2 hours ago, Gordy said:

Perhaps we are now reaping the consequences of the no smacking law.

That nutjob sue Bradford has a lot to answer for.  Labour Polly's have no backbone. None of my kids did anything like this,  or their friends. Labour dropped the three strikes law.  They just don't care despite their "be kind" mantra. 

Hj 

• Like 2

Just remember people, that our Justice system is hamstrung by a Prison system that is way understaffed, under resourced and with huge loads put on those left to look after the inmates already in there. They are now doing 12 hr shifts ,in an already toxic environment, filling the staffing gaps . They can't recruit people because no one wants to work in that sort of environment . My best mate works at Rimutaka , has done for 17 yrs, and the story's of the management of the prison beggars belief. The Justice system has been told not to send them off to Prison if another way can be found (hence the light sentencing)because there is no one to look after them, full stop.!!!. They already transport prisoner all over the place from one prison to the other to ballance up the numbers so no one place is overcrowded. Covid restrictions, with vac mandates decimated the Prison system. Thanks Labour. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:47 AM, Gordy said:

Perhaps we are now reaping the consequences of the no smacking law.

We are reaping the consequence(s) of not making people work for the dole/benefit and the consequences(s) of incentivising young women to have more children. 

Sadly, it's the baby boomer generation that allowed things to get much more liberal; by the late 1980s/early90s the bleeding heart liberals held sway making policiies that turned a hand up into a lifelong handout. No wonder the country is so broke(n).

MM

• Like 3

As an add on to my previous comment, I was talking to my friend in the Rimutaka prison and he franked what he had previously stated that they are losing 1 person a day from Rimutaka, and they can not employ anyone .Its crisis mode. Another factor is that the Police cannot legally deal with underage Ram-raiders probably put up to it by the older brigade, as they get referred to the youth courts. A no win situation really. It really has got out of hand.

Talking about courts, this stood out in the article about the 3 brothers who assaulted a man outside the Poneke Rugby clubrooms

One brother – who faced a charge of common assault – was also discharged without conviction to preserve his prospective sporting career

• Like 1
  • Confused 1