The Race Place

Willing Suspensions of disbelief ...

Maximus

18 hours ago, mardigras said:

You lot are so harsh. He's the best jockey we have and makes the difference between winning and losing. Best to turn the page and move on.

Just my opinion ..... Opie Bosson being the most highly experience jockey , should have corrected his mount ,when it was drifting towards the fence and onto the inner 2 horses ...There is no shame in coming 2nd and possibly avoiding a catstrophy.

Guerin does not have a clue he actually thought Opie was hard done by...and he said he thought Opie tried to straighten his mount...he had 200 meters before the winning post to do that and did nothing only had one thing on his mind...winning... get rid of Guerin and get Luke back...

Edited by RJB
  • Like 3

Let's call it a compromise then.  4 jockeys put on the deck, all potentially could have suffered serious injuries, due to reckless riding.  So, 6 weeks times 4 equals 24 weeks, or 6 months.

I'm surprised the Rosehill incident, was only worth 6 weeks, such is precedent

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Bit of a stretch to suggest he got different treatment I think.

Thats imagined rather than real.

Deal in facts rather than emotion.

Fact is he is protected and should have got more time for the interference he foley caused...we can agree to disagree on that no emotion involved.

Re: Bowman decision 2 yrs ago .. he got 6 wks but Stipes wanted 3 months...Bowman's good riding record a big factor in that decision ...

can the same be said of OP?

According to (stipe) Birch, a reasonable ban for the offence would have been three months, but the suspension was reduced to six weeks by virtue of Bowman's good riding record.

MM

17 hours ago, RJB said:

Michael Guerin is a muppet to...said Opie corrects his mount...thats BS if he had done that there was no people falling of...trying to be PC and protect the protected.

totally agree, RJB ...the mute button comes out instantly whenever he's on the box ...

saying he "corrects his mount" is ridiculously misleading ...he only corrected it when it was too late

..and, irony of ironies, Tony Lee was waxing lyrical abou the "perfectly judged ride from..." when he had to stop himself

MM

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Weatherley is protected too then?.

I see no evidence of it, guide me where there is some proof of it.

Point out where someone else got way harsher or treated differently.

Dont get me started there....in my opinion and the opinion of many others who have contacted me he was extremely lucky. With his judicial record here and in Australia how he got off so lightly for causing a fatal fall is anyones guess. Just imagine if Taiki had done what Sam did. Dont bury your head in the sand ...there are rules for some and rules for others always have been but thats just the way things are here.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

I totally agree with Guerin, he was entitled to continue to ride the horse vigorously to the line, only very late did the horse look like it was going to cause trouble & he attempted to correct it, the horse over reacted & continued laying in.

The penalty was sufficient for the ride, had he corrected it earlier, the horse wouldn't have won & he would have been fined for not riding it out. The last f--king thing as an owner I want to see is Opie correcting that horse at the 50 mark & it not winning a $100k race because of it. He had every reason to think the horse was going to continue on its path & run clear of the others.

So because you had money on it he was entitled to cause 4 horses to fall...give me a break...He as the pilot is responsible for the flight path...this time his compass went hay wire....talk about no emotion LOL...your pocket is talking Haha.

• Like 1

Bullshit, all emotion & zero fact.

They have very clear rules & guidelines which are followed here in the case of Opie.

So two months for reckless riding causing a death seems fair to you...no emotion just fact.

Emotion, not fact, look at the 2 pics I provided, shows facts, moved in bugger all, normal riding in Metro Aus every day.

Come on mate moved in bugger all give me a break...we must be looking at different videos.He had only one thing in mind winning nothing else and that is very wrong. There was no consideration given to his fellow riders...but anyway no point banging my head against the wall...cheers.

• Like 1