The Race Place

New comp starting Boxing Day - Nine Days of New Year

PWJ

Hi everyone. Not going anywhere over Christmas, probably just playing a bit of golf here and there if I can brave the heat !

Here's a little individual comp that will run across 9 meetings from Boxing Day to Sat Jan 4th.

Usual Super Comp format and rules. I will post next week to confirm these. Each day I will throw in one Oz race just for a bit of flavour.

The dollar totals each day will be ranked and points will be awarded from 1 for last place, 2 for 2nd last and so on up to the highest points for 1st.

Schedule is:

Dec 26 - Ellerslie (Randwick)

Dec 27 - Rotorua (Gosford)

Dec 28 - Phar Lap (Eagle Farm)

Dec 29 - New Plymouth (Mornington)

Dec 30 - Taupo (Werribee)

Jan 1 - Ellerslie (Flemington)

Jan 2 - Tauranga (Geelong)

Jan 3 - Te Aroha (Muswellbrook)

Jan 4 - Awapuni (Ascot)

An Arrowfield cap to the winner !

Around mid-January I will be commencing The Annual Provincial Super Comp Championship comprising the old regional teams format. Will be just a 9 week run before the big Autumn Draft extravaganza....

• Like 3

• Hesi featured and pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Say No More said:

You might want to mix the team up a bit Howie!?  What did Einstein say about expecting different results........?  😊

Canes on the other hand are quite happy to stick with the tried and tested formula - four of the team from the last regional comp currently playing on here - Hesi, TC, Virgil (previously Mo) and myself.

If they all choose to stick with the Canes, that leaves one spot - apply within - must have strong CV and good recent form.

I hear you are banned from entering this next comp John. Whew, feel like I have a chance now😁

3 hours ago, Say No More said:

You might want to mix the team up a bit Howie!?  What did Einstein say about expecting different results........?  😊

Canes on the other hand are quite happy to stick with the tried and tested formula - four of the team from the last regional comp currently playing on here - Hesi, TC, Virgil (previously Mo) and myself.

If they all choose to stick with the Canes, that leaves one spot - apply within - must have strong CV and good recent form.

I can't recall who the fifth person was?

23 hours ago, Say No More said:

must have strong CV and good recent form

...and an ability to accept Final defeat(s) ??

•  

Fuck me Ian, you don't  forget anything

That was a long time ago in RC days

I remember it well because I twisted his arm to join us in that first comp, then made sure he wasn't  welcome for the next after his disgraceful display towards  Cabbage in another comp

He has hated  me ever since.......such is life

57 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Fuck me Ian, you don't  forget anything

That was a long time ago in RC days

I remember it well because I twisted his arm to join us in that first comp, then made sure he wasn't  welcome for the next after his disgraceful display towards  Cabbage in another comp

He has hated  me ever since.......such is life

Pompous sour twat...

That's Ted I'm talking about 😄

• PWJ unpinned this topic