The Race Place

Chinese fireworks

barryb

8 shot cannons only contain 6

10 pack of sparklers only have 6 in the box Fucking time to ban it if these shits keep taking the piss like this, great fun for the kids but shit even they could see the print in 10 box sparklers have 6 in there.

Edited by barryb

Interestingly Barry, the fireworks we had quite a while ago, used to be made in NZ.  For the Westies here, it was actually down McLeod Rd in Te Atatu South.

The whole gambit, from sky rockets, double happys, tom thumbs, jumping jacks to the ones you light and watch the display, like Golden Rain, Mt Egmont, Mt Vesuvius etc etc

I remember when I was a kid being able to buy a packet of double happys for 5 cents. 
Last night was one of noisiest I have experienced in a long while. Those cannon shots were the worst. First of all you hear a thump, then a second or two later a bang, so it was thump bang, thump bang which seemed it was never going to end.

10 hours ago, barryb said:

8 shot cannons only contain 6

10 pack of sparklers only have 6 in the box Fucking time to ban it if these shits keep taking the piss like this, great fun for the kids but shit even they could see the print in 10 box sparklers have 6 in there.

Massively over priced this year to Barry. 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, Hesi said:

double happys, tom thumbs

Mighty Cannons. Some may be too young to remember them,  but one could and did :classic_smile:, blow wooden letterboxes apart. I shudder to think what this generation would have done with these had they still of been on the Fireworks menu.  Dangerous times , but shit a lot of fun, like firing skyrockets at passing Trolley buses in Kilbirnie.hehe

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Mighty Cannons. Some may be too young to remember them,  but one could and did :classic_smile:, blow wooden letterboxes apart. I shudder to think what this generation would have done with these had they still of been on the Fireworks menu.  Dangerous times , but shit a lot of fun, like firing skyrockets at passing Trolley buses in Kilbirnie.hehe

Also made in NZ.

Where all these things were made in Te Atatu South, they had lots of individual small buildings, separated by 20-30m, so that in the case of a fire, only one building went boom.

When sky rockets were banned, the manufacturers, progressively made their roman candles bigger, shooting out the shots further and making a bigger bang, to compensate and keep the reprobates like Rees(and a few others, no names) happy

• Haha 1

Remember Katherine Wheels ?.  You nailed them to a post and watched them go around and around. Well some did , we watched them go around and around the backyard with everyone ducking for cover. Occasionally they would disappear over the back fence or into the street. No one seemed to bother about it because everyone was doing the same thing back then. It was Star Wars before Star Wars was invented. 🤣

• Like 1