The Race Place

Football WC

Hesi

right on there, gd..oh the pain the pain for poor Ronnie comfot to be had in the $3M pay check coming up again shortly.

Max also had a chuckle at the overhyped Mr Kane, such a fantastic penalty-taker, except when it mattered. Too clever by half. as usual England.

C'mon, les Bleus les Tricoleurs, les Mangeurs d'Escargots ...

MM

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turny said:

Messi a pure genius, superb to watch.

Boy does he want this. I have never seen him get around the pitch so much and helping out in defence as well. Made a mockery of the Dutch coach,Louis Van Gaul,s comment he was lazy and didn't do enough work.  

Will make a superb Final if it ends up as Messi and Alverez  versus  M Bape and Giroud. I still think France are flakey at the back ,and they are going to have to score plenty of goals, but Argentina looked pretty solid against Croatia so the Messi magic couple with Alvarez  could put France to the Sword.

Mind you Morrocco might put a spanner in the works , but not counting on it.

• Like 2

The 'Gods of Sport' are smiling on the great ones >>>>as Mr Messi and his Argentina team-mates cruise to Group 1 glory overnight ! World Cup number 3 for the Soccer mad nation. Congrats ! fantastica !!!!

and the great 'Baggie Greens' cruise to 3 easy test wins for the summer already. 2 against West Indies pussycats and then Smacking out the South Africa 'bunnies' in under 2 days in the First test yesterday. (only second time in Aus test cricket history a victory came that quick) fantastica !!!!

22 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Yes the best I have seen in half a century. Just outstanding. Got the feeling the French were always playing catch-up

To be honest , the French looked out of it for most of the game and at 2 nil down were looking lost.

One of the best Finals I have seen for a long time. That second Argentina goal was one for the ages ,absolutely brilliant one touch passing and why it is called the beautiful game. 

And most of all I am glad Messi can go out on top with his WC medal, the GOAT deserves it. 

My son wants me to come with him to the next WC in Canada, USA ,Mexico so better start saving.

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...