The Race Place

Summer - Autumn Super Draft Comp - entries here please

PWJ

15 minutes ago, JustPlodded said:

I will enter the draft.
A warning to captains that I have been busy completing a house build and have hardly seen a race meeting in the last few months. So I think I will be making up numbers and hoping…

I think if you undergo a voluntary swab on the day of the Draft, you'll be fine ...as long as you pass muster, of course.

MM

• Haha 2

Better draft in Pj  in case their is a harness racing team. have 2 x 3rds lately with 'Schitts Creek' and the 'Chiefs' at my first goes at it, after having long leads.

So might be '3rd time lucky' and will hang on this time when all these galloping blokes close in late on in comp. Time to smack em with the Mjolnir' lol......

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:22 PM, Hesi said:

As a suggestion, maybe a harness team with one of the harness leading lights as skip.  I realise it is a draft, but maybe the other skips can look sideways in not selecting any harness people, maybe they wont anyway because of the supposed lack of familiarity with thoroughbreds.  That way a harness team have the added motivation of sticking it up the other teams.

Just a thought  

A draft is a draft is a draft, Hesi-meister.

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Better draft in Pj  in case their is a harness racing team. have 2 x 3rds lately with 'Schitts Creek' and the 'Chiefs' at my first goes at it, after having long leads.

So might be '3rd time lucky' and will hang on this time when all these galloping blokes close in late on in comp. Time to smack em with the Mjolnir' lol......

LB ... your chances of winning 3rd time lucky are about as strong as S Af beating Awestrucknfailya at the SCG
LOL

1 minute ago, Maximus said:

Right ..so on that basis Captain Max can just abscond with his 4 preferred selections before everyone else has a crack and the rest of you can fight among yourselves in the draft that's not a draft. LOL

MM

Bad analogy

It's a draft people. First in first served. If Rees wants a harness team he has to pick it from the draft like everyone else. If other people choose to pick his preferred team members and others choose to leave them alone then that's their individual choice.

20 minutes ago, PWJ said:

It's a draft people. First in first served. If Rees wants a harness team he has to pick it from the draft like everyone else. If other people choose to pick his preferred team members and others choose to leave them alone then that's their individual choice.

I was only winding Maxi up, he can't have a free ride

• Like 1