The Race Place

Summer - Autumn Super Draft Comp - entries here please

PWJ

51 minutes ago, Maximus said:

LOL. And cap'n Max was winding Hesi up cos he foolishly suggested changing the Draft from being a draft.
Daft.

Don't think Hesi meant don't run it as a draft.... Just that a captain 'might' go with a theme when selecting at the draft. All the players seem quite good so doesn't really matter who is in what team. shack up with some buddies seems a good idea if it pans that way. 

I believe you went with a theme selecting 3 -letter name players in a draft comp . pam, jen , etc (so something similar to that might have been what Hesi suggested.)  

maybe all the animals might get togeather??  like a squirrel, moose and fox, mink . If a captain goes that way when selecting. There'll be trouble if one team calls itself 'The Hunters' though  😂😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Don't think Hesi meant don't run it as a draft.... Just that a captain 'might' go with a theme when selecting at the draft. All the players seem quite good so doesn't really matter who is in what team. shack up with some buddies seems a good idea if it pans that way. 

I believe you went with a theme selecting 3 -letter name players in a draft comp . pam, jen , etc (so something similar to that might have been what Hesi suggested.)  

maybe all the animals might get togeather??  like a squirrel, moose and fox, mink . If a captain goes that way when selecting. There'll be trouble if one team calls itself 'The Hunters' though  😂😆 

in a previous Comp, Max cunningly did exactly that but got stymied by some dog of a captain who stole a squirrel (blind or secret. or mebbe it was a moose or a Foxy One ...)

thats the fun of the Draft if you have the gonads to be a capitaine..you arent in total control of who you can have!

MM

I believe that is about 40, with possible stragglers to come in such as Pam, Moose, Midnight Caller, Our Maizcay and one of the heart and souls of the comp over the years, Howie

PJ can run a 9 team comp, as he can run the bye system, but that is the limit, or it reduces his capability of doing extrapolations

30 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Judicial recount makes it 43, with Sarah as optional

Midnight Caller may be out of contact

Others from the Xmas/New Year comp who have first right of refusal, include Our Maizcay, NG and Wandering

Just a bit busy at the moment. Can you list the 43 please Alan ?

Turny

Hesi (c)

Blind Squirrel

Secret Squirrel

Dancing Show

VC (c)

Richie

Ye Old Pete

Gordy

Globederby

Garry

Smiler

Max (c)

Ray

Roland

Craig

Rex

Tonkatime

Mardy

Allovertheform

Trotslover

Zig

Sharne

Geoff (Just Plodded))

Jason

Sarah

Stevie N

Tassie Tiger

Godzstar

Zabeel

Double R (Robert)

Maurice

Jack (Taniwha)

Lightning Blue

Steve Paul

Heather(Peg's Pride)

Jen

Harewood

Pam(Piccadilly)

Howie(Toofast)

Moose

Wrinkles

PJ

43!

With indications that Sarah and Wrinkles would drop off if others came in

• Thanks 1

You don't need computer skills Graeme

Being a captain involves the following

1.  Picking a team during the draft, and a team name.  A list in order of preference can be submitted to PJ in advance if you do not want to do it live

2.  Making sure all your 4 team members post selections each week.  If they don't then you have to put in a set of selections for them in the 30 min grace period before PJ shuts it off.  There is a further 30 minutes after that before the comp starts each week

3.  Subbing in any scratchings any team members who post early, before the scratching deadlines for Aussie at 10.00 am or NZ at 8.00 am,  may have picked.  I usually post a set of scratchings for the races online at 8.05 and 10.05

4.  Some captains have a group PM(optional) to exchange banter, strategy and tips.  Ian is very good at this lol

5.  Thanking the opposing team at the end of the day(optional)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brown fox said:

Thanks Hesi. It was point one I was worried about so order of preference is likely

No prob, several skips have done that in past drafts, it makes no difference to PJ

It also obviates the need to be at your computer, phone or Ipad on the night

20 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Hi PJ & HESI,

I am offering myself up as a Captain but only to make sure the comp goes ahead!!

While my health issues dictate what I can cope with these days, I would be lost if i did not have these comps to entertain me. 😀

Thank you so much Rex. I'm sure you can select a couple of people who will make fine deputies should you be indisposed on any given day.