The Race Place

Steve davis

vanturk

3 hours ago, Rayzor said:

If you're going to snip someone's comments at least put in a smiley so that we all know you're having a laugh. Because reading through the thread it wasn't obvious. And because it wasn't, your subsequent posts to DS made you look like a knob. I hope you can see that now. 

Rubbish.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:26 PM, Hesi said:

I presume those young woman who get trained up to be Trackside presenters, are first and foremost, trained journalists, probably with an interest in sport or racing

I know Andy has no journalist background unsure about Pip but racing background first trackside second I would think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nicole Simm is  sort of a little different She have a history and politics degree and came into production at Trackside while doing a couple of sports journalism papers at auckland uni so kinda journalism I guess.

On the note of Nicole I must say she has really improved as a presenter as time has gone on, sister of Amber Simms and comes from a racing background. You can teach the old "how now brown cow" but racing knowledge can't be taught 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

Gee whiz I just popped in to try the site again, give it a bit of support, but sadly after this thread I am off back to RC for so sense and sensibility. [At least for a wee while}

Don't be too hard on yourself BR lol.  Quite a few people on this thread post on both sites, so bit of a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire

• Haha 3

On 1/16/2023 at 9:06 PM, Jasonmc said:

Nicole Simm is  sort of a little different She have a history and politics degree and came into production at Trackside while doing a couple of sports journalism papers at auckland uni so kinda journalism I guess.

On the note of Nicole I must say she has really improved as a presenter as time has gone on, sister of Amber Simms and comes from a racing background. You can teach the old "how now brown cow" but racing knowledge can't be taught 

I met Nicole at morning trackwork when she was down at National time.

She's delightful and great to chat with.

• Like 3