The Race Place

Weigh In

Hesi

Weigh In  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer with Weigh In

• The current format of a predominantly review show
    • A preview format on Friday night with form analysis

There are already three preview shows, with multiple presenters giving opinions, with The Leg Up, The Form, and the Punters Lounge ahead of, and on Saturday.

At least Weigh In can be played multiple times during the week as it is a review program.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1

Preview and review shows are called for.

The problem is the lack of zip zap and zowie from the presenters. No camera presence, no charisma, appalling diction etc etc. Oz shows show us how to do it but no one is getting the message.

Couple this with the excessive dominance of Te Akau in subject matter and you have the perfect recipe for boring crapola.

Example: the trailer for Weigh In has Emily accidentally flipping the racing publication over to a full pic of.. hubby...OMG the surprise..LOL...as she show him off to thecamera   whod have thunk it?

To play the scene over and over again to promote the show simply illustrates the narrow mindedness of the producers/directors/ decision makers 

MM 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Preview and review shows are called for.

The problem is the lack of zip zap and zowie from the presenters. No camera presence, no charisma, appalling diction etc etc. Oz shows show us how to do it but no one is getting the message.

Couple this with the excessive dominance of Te Akau in subject matter and you have the perfect recipe for boring crapola.

Example: the trailer for Weigh In has Emily accidentally flipping the racing publication over to a full pic of.. hubby...OMG the surprise..LOL...as she show him off to thecamera   whod have thunk it?

To play the scene over and over again to promote the show simply illustrates the narrow mindedness of the producers/directors/ decision makers 

MM 

The question I have is, who watches the preview programmes?

I am thinking in most cases it is preaching to the converted.

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

None of these are on at a time that most are interested in, needs to be Friday night at 7.30pm. Race by Race discussion around Saturday NZ & then key races in Aus.

Hi Barry,

Two of the three progammes I mentioned are online, and can be watched at anytime, and the other is on Saturday morning with the updated scratchings, and other information.

Cheers.

Robert.