The Race Place

The National Championship Super Comp - entries here

PWJ

Luke that is heart breaking news about the family's property. Thank goodness everyone is okay. I'm sure you have the best wishes for recovery from everyone on here.

I hope Wrinkles is well on the road to a full recovery. Don't worry about the comps goes without saying. Just know that everyone here wishes your lovely family all the best 

Cheers

PJ

• Like 7

The skies in and around Auckland started turning quite dark about 2.30 this avo, then a yellow tinge.  Very eerie, but very minor in comparison to Aus.  Hundreds of people were calling our emergency 111 about the yellow coloured sky, proof that stupid people also live in NZ.

Just looking at the maps, I presume it is down to the change in wind direction from SW to NW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PWJ said:

This is the fire map around our district. Pretty scary. As I was going to the supermarket an hour ago the fire trucks were rushing off to a new one just 10kms away. 

Annotation 2020-01-05 171540.png

Thats scary stuff and I know my family in and around Taree are a bit jumpy.We lived in OLD BAR in the early eighty's and a few weeks ago it was evacuated for fear of going up in flames.

Having a brother in law who was an ex Fire service coordinator for the Manning district and talking with him recently , my heart goes out to those trying to battle these fires on so many fronts, as it does for the monumental loss of life and property. 

Luke, give my Love to your Dad (Wrinkles) and say hello from Globe as he his an ex team member of mine.

• Like 3

Okay. Here's an update. I have tried to enable people's preferences and after that just drew teams randomly for those without preferences. Not enough interest for the Highlanders unfortunately and only enough players for 7 teams providing we get two more on board. One space left in the Kats (maybe someone could contact Pam) and one in the Manawatu Turbos.

KAURI KATS (Northland) - Sharne, Graeme, Jen, Max, ???

FERDIES (Taranaki) - Maurice, Heather, One Perfect Day, PJ, Ashoka

HURRICANES (Wellington - Champs) - John, Porky, Hesi, Virgil,The Crucible

TURBOS (Manawatu) - Steve P, Blind Squirrel, Rees, Ray, Gary

CHIEFS (Waikato) - Gee, Jack, Ian, Stevie N, Punter Pete

BLUES (Auckland) - Gordy, Howie, Geoff, Pete, Roland

CRUSADERS (Canterbury) - Rex, Tom, Robert, Rob, Craig

We need some volunteers for Captaincy also.

Could I ask Pete and/or Alan to chase up by PM a few of those missing as I have a commitment at work today which will take all of my time ? Thanks guys.

I am also adding a feature because of the 7-team format where the team with a "bye" will be pitted against the teams in a match of the bye team captain's choosing. e.g. If the Turbos have a bye they can choose one of the other 3 matches (say Blues vs Chiefs) in which to participate as a "ghost team". If their aggregate is better than one team they will take a point. If better than both teams they will take two points. Profit bonus point will also be available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Okay. Here's an update. I have tried to enable people's preferences and after that just drew teams randomly for those without preferences. Not enough interest for the Highlanders unfortunately and only enough players for 7 teams providing we get two more on board. One space left in the Kats (maybe someone could contact Pam) and one in the Manawatu Turbos.

KAURI KATS (Northland) - Sharne, Graeme, Jen, Max, ???

TURBOS (Manawatu) - Steve P, Blind Squirrel, Rees, Ray, ???

We need some volunteers for Captaincy also.

Could I ask Pete and/or Alan to chase up by PM a few of those missing as I have a commitment at work today which will take all of my time ? Thanks guys.

I am also adding a feature because of the 7-team format where the team with a "bye" will be pitted against the teams in a match of the bye team captain's choosing. e.g. If the Turbos have a bye they can choose one of the other 3 matches (say Blues vs Chiefs) in which to participate as a "ghost team". If their aggregate is better than one team they will take a point. If better than both teams they will take two points. Profit bonus point will also be available.

Hesi: Can you do the chasing up as I'm working today.

43 minutes ago, rocky way said:

I can do it if your stuck.Quite happy to let someone else have a go if they want to.

PJ ..a man called ROCKY WAY is a natural fit with the Mustelid from 1 Rocky Road, Bedrock...can ROCKY go in to THE KAURI KATS team?

Edited by Maximus

FINAL TEAMS:

KAURI KATS (Northland) - Sharne, Graeme, Jen, Max, Rocky

TURBOS (Manawatu) - Steve P, Blind Squirrel, Rees, Ray, Gary

RESERVE: Smiler