The Race Place

Bouquet Sheryl Wigg

Josias

Sheryl Wigg,after dominating The Amateur Drivers Ranks since 2015,in which she drove an astonishing 62 winners (plus 60 minor placings) from 188 drives,has become a Graduation Driver.

Her Debut Drive in The Professional Ranks came last Friday at Alex Park behind stable runner Punk Rocker.

It was to be a Winning Debut,and a Copybook Drive.

After drawing the ace,she held the early lead,before 3000 Win Club Member Maurice McKendry came pressing for the lead.Unlike Blair Orange/Todd Mitchell a couple of races earlier,she didn't engage in a battle,and instantly took a trail.Then dashed home along the passing lane to victory.🍾

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Josias said:

Unlike Blair Orange/Todd Mitchell a couple of races earlier,she didn't engage in a battle

Hats off to Mitchell for making a race of it and taking fav on. It does not happen enough which is why Harness can appear boring to many people JMO

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, Josias said:

Sheryl Wigg,after dominating The Amateur Drivers Ranks since 2015,in which she drove an astonishing 62 winners (plus 60 minor placings) from 188 drives,has become a Graduation Driver.

Her Debut Drive in The Professional Ranks came last Friday at Alex Park behind stable runner Punk Rocker.

It was to be a Winning Debut,and a Copybook Drive.

After drawing the ace,she held the early lead,before 3000 Win Club Member Maurice McKendry came pressing for the lead.Unlike Blair Orange/Todd Mitchell a couple of races earlier,she didn't engage in a battle,and instantly took a trail.Then dashed home along the passing lane to victory.🍾

Remember you & me Josia, rooting for her. We said she ready to go full pro 2 ish years ago!

Hallelujah time. Better late than never.

2 from 2 now is it. Ha. Go Ms Wigg.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Remember you & me Josia, rooting for her. We said she ready to go full pro 2 ish years ago!

2 from 2 now is it. Ha. Go Ms Wigg.

Oh My Dear Karrots,what a memory you have.

Actually 2 from 3.

Earlier in night,badly held up before dashing into 3rd onboard stable debutante XCITE ME.She looks a winner at short notice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Josias said:

Oh My Dear Karrots,what a memory you have.

Actually 2 from 3.

Earlier in night,badly held up before dashing into 3rd onboard stable debutante XCITE ME.She looks a winner at short notice.

Dam straight Mr Josia. Ha funny, thought you may have been an owner of Punk Rocker hehe.  But alas not. Id never give your ID away anyways.

Didn't realize re Xcite Me. So pleased she is prob tho! About time.

Its her time to shine.

PS how good is N Rasmassen. Sorry but not sorry,  but shes the best driver in Australasia. Iv always thought she is so tactical. Shes a thinker. If I was her rival in a race. She would be my biggest concern. Not M Purdon, or B Orange. Got to watch those woman. Always thinking, & always 1 step ahead.

Sandra Bullock Girl Power GIF by Bounce

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

PS how good is N Rasmassen. Sorry but not sorry,  but shes the best driver in Australasia. 

I could liken N Rasmussen with Kiwi Jockette Lisa Cropp,who won the NZ Jockey Premiership 2006,breaking Lance O'Sullivan's previous record in the process.

• Like 2