The Race Place

Here's an interesting one, TAB related

Hesi

I have a TAB ticket that I had not cashed in dating back to 12 Oct for 105.00.

As the TAB outlets are shut, I cannot cash it in, so I emailed the TAB about how I could redeem it.

They replied, confirming I would have to wait until the agencies re-opened, that's alright with me, and informed me that tickets stay live for 6 months.

I replied informing them of tickets that people had not cashed in, and wanted to, and what were they going to do, assuming they would be expected to extend the 6 month deadline, if they could not meet the ability to redeem tickets

Waiting on an answer

7 hours ago, Hesi said:

I have a TAB ticket that I had not cashed in dating back to 12 Oct for 105.00.

As the TAB outlets are shut, I cannot cash it in, so I emailed the TAB about how I could redeem it.

They replied, confirming I would have to wait until the agencies re-opened, that's alright with me, and informed me that tickets stay live for 6 months.

I replied informing them of tickets that people had not cashed in, and wanted to, and what were they going to do, assuming they would be expected to extend the 6 month deadline, if they could not meet the ability to redeem tickets

Waiting on an answer

They would have to let you redeem them wouldn’t they? Raises an issue around gift vouchers etc. 

They have referred it higher up and will get back to me

It certainly becomes more of an issue the longer the TABs stay shut, as I would say some substantial sums could be involved

The simple ruling would be, that the 6 months is extended by the amount of time they stay shut after March 25

16 hours ago, Hesi said:

They have referred it higher up and will get back to me

It certainly becomes more of an issue the longer the TABs stay shut, as I would say some substantial sums could be involved

The simple ruling would be, that the 6 months is extended by the amount of time they stay shut after March 25

Yes that would be a simple solution, surely there’s an element of goodwill in there. 

I have been caught out by that rule a couple of times myself.

A year is much more reasonable as plenty of people only go to one or two meetings a year. 

This is how the Australian TAB are handling it

How can I collect my Tote or Fixed Odds tickets and Vouchers?

Non-account holders 

1. To collect any winning tickets or vouchers, refer to the following two options 

Option 2
Send copy of Tote, Fixed Odds or Trackside tickets or Vouchers to Customer Service 

1. Take a clear, colour photo of your winning ticket or voucher next to the front of your drivers’ licence, proof of age card or passport – must include full ticket & ID details
  2. Take a photo of the back of your drivers’ licence or proof of age card
  3.  Email the photos to  accountadmin@tabcorp.com.au, including; 
          1. Subject Field: COLLECT TICKET 
          2. Your full name 
          3. Current address
          4. Phone number 
          5. Email address 
          6. Preferred payout selection – cheque or EFT (we’ll call you for bank details) 

Note: payments of $10,000 or greater will be subject to additional checks 

Can't speak highly enough of my interactions so far

They are setting me up with a TAB account over the phone

They are paying out on about $2,000 worth of TAB tickets that were within about 6 weeks of timing out.  I sent them scanned copies of the tickets, along with scanned copies of my driver's licence and proof of address, and they are paying the money into my bank account.

Never more than a day in between updating me via email

• Like 3