The Race Place

Synthetic tracks

mardigras

I'm certainly not suggesting NZ needs these tracks - but when arguing against them by suggesting punters don't bet on them, that is a fallacy.

Take for example today R1 at Ballarat - a maiden. Followed by Muswellbrook - a maiden.

Here is the betting on the two events through betfair. Ballarat - 4 times the level of betting as Muswellbrook (at start time)

B1.thumb.jpg.7abd2fdafaf5fe1a5dd68abc9cbe44ee.jpg

M1.thumb.jpg.c5ce8ae1142716e40f4de0a77adc73a9.jpg

These responses from me aren't based around whether NZ should have AWTs. As I've said, I don't think we should be looking at them just yet, and maybe not in the future either. More work required imo.

But if people are going to argue against them, they should use actual facts, not made up ones like this one from the Chief. 

Another FACT to consider about Chelmsford is that the max field capacity is LESS than 10.

This is not a FACT. Like most tracks, depending on the distance, there are varying field limits. Chelmsford can have 16 starters in a field. They average field size of 9.7 over the last few years.