Jump to content
The Race Place

Fond Farewell *Karrots


Josias
 Share

Recommended Posts

Regarding Sweet Lou. Its in such contrast how much his horses go at sales in USA. Eg think minimum is $100k. Whereas here, they went for low money comparatively. 

At a glance re sales results, it seemed peeps just won't pay those big TOP LOT prices for new stallions. Eg Lou, DownbytheSeaside, Fear the Dragon even to a degree Captain T, altho he did have 1 exception yesterday for $200k. Guess it makes sense. Want proven. But with Lou does surprise me just how low his crops are still going for.

So far his 3 crops have been small. But within them he has had top performers with the Sweet on Me, Spirit of St Lou from 1st crop, Aladdin winning Harness Millions, She's No Lady 2yo filly of year, Ultimate Chevron winning Kindergarten was it & Duke of Cornwell exported for $500k after nice performances. So its not like he can't produce them & American buyers such as Duke of Cornwell buyer knows his worth. Think he's a bargin - value buy in NZ. With his biggest crop hitting the ground this season 2yos, they are rolling out & coming for Bettors hehe e.g. Heat 1 Young Guns fillies he has 3 in. But 1 is scratched. All 3 of them look nice too 😄 Lets see who wins Young Guns Heat 1 fillies 😄

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, karrotsishere said:

With his biggest crop hitting the ground this season 2yos, they are rolling out & coming for Bettors hehe e.g. Heat 1 Young Guns fillies he has 3 in. But 1 is scratched. All 3 of them look nice too 😄 Lets see who wins Young Guns Heat 1 fillies 😄

Results, nice win by Notorious RGB.

Lou 2yo Heat 1 Young Gun fillies results = 2 starters - a 2nd & a 6th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew one fella at the sales who thought the same thing, thought they were cheap, bought 5

They seem to be a little highly strung, have those fast twitch fibres like a sprinter, so maybe more suited to that short course racing USA & Canada provides.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I knew one fella at the sales who thought the same thing, thought they were cheap, bought 5

They seem to be a little highly strung, have those fast twitch fibres like a sprinter, so maybe more suited to that short course racing USA & Canada provides.

Agree. Haven't noticed the highly strung thing, more friendly hehe. But def agree re fast twitch fibres like sprinter. Was chatting with Nod about this not too long ago. Had said from what Iv seen Lou's have speed but seem to lack a bit of stamina. They seem to go well over shorter distance. That they race well in USA.

The difference between NZ & USA is the distance & style of racing. So then thought so maybe they are better at the shorter distance e.g. mile generalising over the longer 2200m or 2700m here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, far too much said:

over rated as a stallion . always b miki will be the new bettors delight

Wasnt thinking Lou is over-rated. More like under-rated. Hence the low prices he gets. Was thinking if he doesnt get results this year then he maybe on thr chopping board like American Ideal (sent off to Oz)..

Im just saying think hes value for money based on his service fee & weanling sales & yearling sales prices. 

More chance of them returning that price back in winning stake money than these higher priced. What is it 10 percent of those purchased pay their way? Great start if that purchase price is well unders & the average start to win ratio is high from sire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So atm:

Always B Miki: 48% runners to winners

Captaintreacherous: 72%
 

Sweet Lou: 68 %
 

Bettor’s Delight: 82%
 

Bettor’s Delight a bit of a phenomenon scoring such a high rate, even better because he has such a bigger crop to get a more accurate picture. On the figures above you’d go for Captaintreacherous being the one.

Blackie liking the Vincent’s although sons of Art Major haven’t a great record.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

So atm:

Always B Miki: 48% runners to winners

Captaintreacherous: 72%
 

Sweet Lou: 68 %
 

Bettor’s Delight: 82%
 

Bettor’s Delight a bit of a phenomenon scoring such a high rate, even better because he has such a bigger crop to get a more accurate picture. On the figures above you’d go for Captaintreacherous being the one.

Blackie liking the Vincent’s although sons of Art Major haven’t a great record.

Thanks for those stats Blakie. The only thing re CaptainT is that he hasn't had many foals. Eg of racing age so in NZ live foals 2017 / 23 & in 2018 / 26 live foals. And his stud fee is 22k in NZ. Lou had 67 & 86 over same years. Stud fee $7,500

No idea who will replace Bettors yet. Too early to call. But by the end of this year may get an indication. But yeah higher chance its gunna be 1 of those listed (Miki, Lou, CaptainT) hey 😃

Edited by karrotsishere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...