The Race Place

Methven TC September?

Happy Sunrise

With the weather over the winter, the current cold snap and seemingly endless rain, what are the odds they actually race on the grass at Methven in mid September?

Will it end up at Ashburton or go to the now condemned Geraldine TC like it has previously?

Grass track racing is the winning equation for harness but with Geraldine going and Rangiora under the bean counters gaze I fear one of it's strengths will be disappearing, especially after the shambles in process and leadership over the handicapping of the Cup etc I am not so sure the leadership group at HRNZ know what they are doing.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

With the weather over the winter, the current cold snap and seemingly endless rain.

Speaking of winter weather was terribly foggy here & also in Waikato yesterday. 

Took a peak at yesterdays Camb workout replays & very funny. R1 & R2 horses disappear down the back. Commentator goes "with 1200m left to go I suppose" 😂

R3 suddenly fog lifted & horses reappear.