The Race Place

Manawatu Season is here

karrotsishere

Manawatu season is back!

Good to see Manawatu season kicks off next week with nice size fields for them, albeit a mini-meeting during Covid time.

This thread can be for racing on Manawatu.

Good luck Manawatu for your season opener 💃

PS wonder how they will get on for drivers, with parts of Waikato in lockdown e.g. Waipa (Cambridge/Te Awamutu) & Covid in Te Awamutu.

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Good luck Manawatu for your season opener 💃

PS wonder how they will get on for drivers, with parts of Waikato in lockdown e.g. Waipa (Cambridge/Te Awamutu) & Covid in Te Awamutu.

So just saw that yip Waikato level 3 has been extended til at least Wed. With Manawatu opener on Tues, & Auks & Waikato drivers out with 1 field of 12. Guess they will have to bring up a bunch from South Island to drive. Long way to travel tho for just a small mini-meeting. In saying that tho, guess that most the travel up will get a drive in MOST if not ALL races. Could be a good opportunity for a Southern Jnr or 2 or 3 to put their hand up.

Teachers Pet Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

• Like 1

23 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Could be a good opportunity for a Southern Jnr or 2 or 3 to put their hand up.

Looking at Manawatu drivers & 3 Southern Jnrs have taken the call up.

These are S O’Reilly, E Barron & W House

Must be a debut for W House.

Exciting stuff. Good luck.

Hope has a great day/time/experience.

Edited by karrotsishere

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Well this thread isn't overly popular, BUT I shall do an update. W House gets his 1st winning drive today. Congrats to Wilson. The race being a House trifecta. Good to see them getting enough numbers for 7 races today. 

Yes Karrots , becomes rather predictable. I managed to get some better divvies away from his runners, apart from Carrera Lucia at $6 who I thought was a better option. 

• Like 1

Yes agree it does become predictable & he does pick up many on the card.

From a perspective of it keeps the Mana track going & the central districts folks get to race locally oppose having to drive approx 4- 5 hours to Cambridge or add on another 2 hours up to Auckland. Also Waikato & Auks have been in lockdown so may have put off some that may have gone. 

Also these horses, some are not his. Meaning he only takes over the name on in the book for the travel up for the meetings. Then they go back to being the other trainers. They are just running under his name. But they are still running for the owners, which would have different sets of owners. And it gives a chance for those owners that their horse maybe struggling in the South to go up & pick up a win or some stake money. 

Also his son will be setting up there next year all going well. Be good experience for him that he would not have otherwise if no Mana. And drivers down there get some drives too etc. And some Jnrs get a chance their too whether from North or South. Just another track to gain experience, opportunities & a chance for all to earn stake money. 

Edited by karrotsishere

11 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Also these horses, some are not his. Meaning he only takes over the name on in the book for the travel up for the meetings. Then they go back to being the other trainers. They are just running under his name. But they are still running for the owners, which would have different sets of owners. And it gives a chance for those owners that their horse maybe struggling in the South to go up & pick up a win or some stake money. 

image.thumb.png.d30f6e75f06511680b8b8acdfd5ad5f5.png

This was from Timaru yesterday. Mr House must have thought he was at Palmerston North where he has most of the runners in the race and wins them all so there is no need for a saddlecloth with a number on it. 

Once he gets to Cambridge where it is a bit more competitive he will have to get the saddlecloths on, to keep things kosher for the hard working stipes.

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

image.thumb.png.d30f6e75f06511680b8b8acdfd5ad5f5.png

This was from Timaru yesterday. Mr House must have thought he was at Palmerston North where he has most of the runners in the race and wins them all so there is no need for a saddlecloth with a number on it. 

Once he gets to Cambridge where it is a bit more competitive he will have to get the saddlecloths on, to keep things kosher for the hard working stipes.

Image is not showing for some reason Happy. Maybe try again. Im logging off now anyway. Great to bring to attention re Mexican & the B Hope fall out drive oh and the Inca thing court date change. Great to be kept up-to-date with things 👍😀

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a great story. https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/dual-roles-for-teaz-at-manawatu/

And here is the backstory. I saw an opportunity for J Teaz to commentate at Mana this season, due to Covid restrictions, no commentator on course & other things. So I started a thread on another channel called Teaz to commentate for Manawatu. He saw it & wrote to me, to advise he had recently been in touch with, well I wasn't sure who, but it was a no-go. I thought this was not a great decision & was vocal about it. Then Nek Minnit, a week later, Teaz is told his selections are no longer needed for HRNZ. So he shared his selections with us instead, as it took him a bit of time to do. I felt dreadful & concerned that part of my cheerleading for him had resulted in this.

BUT now Manawatu Club have stepped up & he is commentating for the locals for them. Also has had a couple of articles on him on HRNZ.

Goodness me, imagine going to the races & not having commentary. 

Hope it all goes well for him & Mana Club. Well done again 😄👍