The Race Place

Cup Day Thoughts.

Double R

If there is one horse that I could suggest, and even I have to think, how could I, with all the odds against him.

The horse is Serg Blanco.

Yes, I know he has drawn 14 in a sprint race, but there is just too many things pointing to him from his last start, in which he got held up badly, and pushed back at the 500 metres, and once clear he finished on boldly.

Perhaps, someone might like to consider putting him in your competition selections.

Cheers.

Robert.

11 minutes ago, Double R said:

If there is one horse that I could suggest, and even I have to think, how could I, with all the odds against him.

Yes, I know he has drawn 14 in a sprint race, but there is just too many things pointing to him from his last start, in which he got held up badly, and pushed back at the 500 metres, and once clear he finished on boldly.

Perhaps, someone might like to consider putting him in your competition selections.

Cheers.

Robert.

Stop it. You are ruining my 100-1 odds I am hoping for!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Stop it. You are ruining my 100-1 odds I am hoping for!

Oh, so you haven't got the 100-1 yet then Happy?

So at least one member on here doesn't think my dementia has set right in.

Another one, that was held up badly, at his last start, was Bad To The Bone. A good showing would not surprise.

26 minutes ago, Double R said:

Cheers.

Robert.

I do agree he's back to his favoured distance and he likes the track, and he's going to stay out of trouble back there though and can run on, we know he's got the lungs - if he has the speed.

Edited by Dancing Show

4 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

I do agree he's back to his favoured distance and he likes the track, and he's going to stay out of trouble though and can run on, he's got the lungs if he has the speed.

We are sounding as though we know a thing of two about this game Maria!!

Edited by Double R
  • Haha 1

There will be a very fair platform for members who are not happy.

It will be held under the ribbon of lights.

The Chief will be the judge.

The Iceman will be the prosecution lawyer.

The Magic Man will be the defense lawyer.

No quarter or halves will be given.

Edited by Double R

45 minutes ago, Double R said:

Oh, so you haven't got the 100-1 yet then Happy?

So at least one member on here doesn't think my dementia has set right in.

Another one, that was held up badly, at his last start, was Bad To The Bone. A good showing would not surprise.

For all the reasons you said before about his previous run. If they went mad up front and he got a cart into it a miracle might happen.

Currently at 41 but should blow out to double that as money goes on all the others. I wouldn't be putting 100ew on but 5ew at 80s would be ok 😂

Stablemate, Duffy Hollow in the last is a chance too at odds. They can both run.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Double R said:

There will be a very fair platform for members who are not happy.

It will be held under the ribbon of lights.

The Chief will be the judge.

The Iceman will be the prosecution lawyer.

The Magic Man will be the defense lawyer.

No quarter or halves will be given.

Rules for the hearing are as follows:

The Judge will be in the CHAIR.

All people attending will enter via the MOBILE GATE.

The judge can call for the CAMERA if there is a close decision.

The witnesses will be called in the normal manner of, "ONE OUT, ONE BACK", and will be required to use the IRT PASSING LANE.

People entering the court will be there on the basis of "ALL DRESSED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO".

On 11/8/2021 at 8:21 PM, Double R said:

Cheers.

Robert.

The run was average to be generous.

He tried to follow the eventual winner from the 500 metres, and although showed little improvement on his overall position, I did sense a little roughness, and scruffiness in his gait, so would not right him off totally in the future.