The Race Place

With Grace - Big Bet

Happy Sunrise

I can't help but think that maybe it was a combination of the poor punter missing the decimal point when placing the bet on his cellphone, and also having fat fingers?

Perhaps it was meant to a final field win bet of $16.50, but unfortunately he missed out the decimal point altogether and the fat finger hit the zero twice. 

I have actually done this before unfortunately. Wasn't a 5 figure bet thank god, but it did end up being a significantly larger bet than I had planned. Also when bidding on an auction in ebay, I forgot to add the decimal point on a last second maximum bid. I don't really want to talk about that though. I have only just recovered. 

Or, the punter's wee 3 year old grabbed his cellphone and started pressing all sorts of buttons.

No other explanation for it. Poor bugger. 

29 minutes ago, Rusty said:

can't help but think that maybe it was a combination of the poor punter missing the decimal point when placing the bet on his cellphone, and also having fat fingers?

One of the few advantages of being able to cash out.

I think if the punter had that much in their account to begin with then it is not a mistake.Wonder what possessed the punter to back it with such confidence.

However the other alternative is the Box Seat people got the decimal and made a mistake and it was only a 1600 bet.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

One of the few advantages of being able to cash out.

Just as a side note, on the cash outs - when the Novak drama was playing out in the aussie open tennis, he was still in the NZ TAB market as favourite ($2.25). When the judge ruled that he had to leave Australia, Novak continued to remain in the market, so at that point, I grabbed a wee piece of Nadal at $9's. 

Cash out for Nadal was available, up until he made the final. I was interested to see what the cash out figure was, when it was confirmed his opponent would be the Russian concrete block wall, but it never eventuated at all. Even during the final match, the cash out option was showing "suspended." Luckily!

• Like 3