The Race Place

Harness Starts

Happy Sunrise

The powers that be have a choice. 

Either fine / suspend drivers who can't get into the proper starting position with their horses or call a false start. You have Refine and Raging On basically out of the first race at Timaru because they are not in position, miles off. Especially, Refine who had no excuse.

After the ridiculous decision made by the stipes on Friday in Race 2 I have lost faith in the starter and the stipes. How can you say the 12 horse's chances are not affected when the horse drawn on the front line in front of it is out of position by so much. Surely, it is a false start.

I can see why harness racing is not an attractive proposition for gamblers anymore.

image.thumb.png.974998e9ea788c000a8ef86759e32e8f.png

SPANDAL - inconvenienced in the score up and was back from position at dispatch. Stewards reviewed the start as to whether this runner had been denied a fair start and such occurrence had materially prejudiced the chances of the horse in accordance with Rule 213(1)(j). Stewards were satisfied that the filly's chances had not been materially prejudiced given the position the filly was able to obtain shortly after the start and placings were duly authorised.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:13 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I can see why harness racing is not an attractive proposition for gamblers anymore.

image.thumb.png.974998e9ea788c000a8ef86759e32e8f.png

Far from ideal. That photo sums it up really, and one could understand why some punters would be discouraged from wagering on the trots. 

There are probably a few variables as to why this happens, but if the mobile was to have a lower maximum speed at the point of release, would that help things?