The Race Place

North Island request their own administration

karrotsishere

Rumours are swirling, North Island is not happy with HRNZ Leadership & on top of a vote of No Confidence, they are also seeking their own North Island adminstration.

Thoughts Raceplace Folks?

Will they be better off or no?

Who would lead their own administration?

Would HRNZ or the board approve such a move?

Would that mean they could distance themselves from dodgy & bad mainstream headlines that is majority coming from South?

Double R, are you able to confirm these rumours?

Edited by karrotsishere

Trainer of La Rosa not chuffed with the CEO either

Race 3: #2 La Rosa - Sam Ottley
"Booked to fly to Sydney next month due to the treatment of higher assessed mares. The CEO of HRNZ sent his mare to Australia to race so it shows he isn't going to change anything. Actually hasn't done a lot since he took over to be fair, just taken a large paycheck home and told people what they want to hear. This mare will improve off the run, but she's a chance."
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes

David Branch

Nope, not a hope. 

Would that mean they could distance themselves from dodgy & bad mainstream headlines that is majority coming from South?

Yes. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 7:59 PM, Purple Parsnip said:

"Booked to fly to Sydney next month due to the treatment of higher assessed mares. The CEO of HRNZ sent his mare to Australia to race so it shows he isn't going to change anything. Actually hasn't done a lot since he took over to be fair, just taken a large paycheck home and told people what they want to hear. This mare will improve off the run, but she's a chance."

Cool thanks for that Parsnip.

Edited by karrotsishere

13 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Rumours are swirling, North Island is not happy with HRNZ Leadership & on top of a vote of No Confidence, they are also seeking their own North Island adminstration.

Every now and then the South Island as a whole wish to separate from North Island . They want own parliament etc. It never happened politically and Harness will be no different. Look at where most of the votes are  come AGM remits  time.

13 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Thoughts Raceplace Folks?

Double R, are you able to confirm these strong rumours?

Heard none of the ATC board attended the Cambridge forums. But ATC love copying their ideas. 

I have been away, so are not up on all the developments over the last wee while.

15 hours ago, Purple Parsnip said:

Good on him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Not in a million years.

And the North can't conceivably break away. You can't have two sets of administration for a game that is shrinking and not very large to begin with. We are not talking about Victoria and NSW here, more like Thames Valley and East Coast Bays.

Harness has to be united to survive (let alone thrive) It is not that hard for the North and South to get on is it?

The way things are going Cambridge will be the only survivor in 10-15 years. ATC will be gone and the rest picnic type meetings.

Who remembers Hutt Park and the inside all weather at New Plymouth. All gone along with a few others in North Isalnd.

Thats my view of things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turny said:

Whats the feeling about Addington?

On the rare occassions I watch seems very few attend ... glory days over?

They are not interested in recreating the glory days. If the big stand was still there it wouldn't be open anyway. They couldn't afford it. Now they have an overcrowded Spectators Bar and don't bother opening the genuine public space on the floor above.

The casual spectator is not catered for and they know it.

• Like 1

Suspected they were struggling HS, elements of self infliction there but Riccarton no better, no excitement, no theatre and people don't bother anymore.

Roll the dice 10 years and there will be stuff all left, they are just not responding to change ... doing nothing is a form of response I guess ... self inflicted death

Edited by Turny
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Turny said:

Suspected they were struggling HS

It is there for everyone to see.

2 hours ago, Turny said:

but Riccarton no better,

At least our grass tracks are better than yours lol

I still believe racing has its place in today's society if they can work it out but I think they are so piecemeal in their approach. It is a bit like the Government saying they are fixing poverty levels in NZ but they won't take the big stick to it so it will never change.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 8:24 AM, Addington said:

Every now and then the South Island as a whole wish to separate from North Island . 

My understanding is its not from a want of seperating as such, more a case of not happy with current Leadership. This would be a step to gaining control of their destiny, since it is beyond being at cross roads. More like breaking point for the North. Action must be taken. 

On 3/31/2023 at 8:22 PM, Rusty said:

D Branch

True. Then the North would have a chance of survival. Leave it & potentially it would sink til it gets to worse case scenerio like Tassie racing, under their hopeless leaders. 

On 4/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Not in a million years.

And the North can't conceivably break away. You can't have two of administration.

Hear you. However States have their own leaders. But ultimately guess would come under the main leadershiper.

11 hours ago, Addington said:

The way things are going Cambridge will be the only survivor in 10-15 years. ATC will be gone and the rest picnic type meetings.

Agree I give ATC 2, 3 years max. So it would be Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Manawatu & grass track clubs in North. Hey could potentially throw in Southern clubs that are unhappy with status quo to potentially come under same "North administration umbrella".

On 4/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Harness has to be united to survive (let alone thrive) It is not that hard for the North and South to get on is it?

My understanding is yes that was what Cambridge wanted & want. However when things get so bad & discontent grows among the people, they as a majority push for change. I believe the North have numbers to push for that change. Then once that change occurs they can work together.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:22 PM, Rusty said:

Nope, not a hope.

Having slept on it & thinking about it, Im not so sure. They turn this down, it becomes public & then what happens? Power in numbers. I believe the North have the numbers of people that want change. Also it depends how it is presented. Power in words. 

Out of curiosity what Group racing is there for 4yos nowadays?

Please do share my fellow Raceplace Folk? Im not quite up with everything.

Altho I do recall the CEO & his current status leadership quo removing x2, Group 1 for races for 4yos, The Messenger & the Taylor Mile. Of course straight upon this change to FFA status his horse won Taylor Mile. That same horse who I see has now recently retired lol hahaha.

Now wait for it, the 3yos get exported at the rate of knots & HRNZ leadership ask why lol hahha & the other exported oh doh.

Go the North. King of the North D Branch.

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Edited by karrotsishere

Again Im so not up with the play. Is the CEO still vouching for disqualified persons? For example the 1 that just got done for cheating & disqualified again, on top of already disqualifed status M Anderson? You know how he wanted him to get back in industry again. 

Plus is he still talking to young juniors inappropriately? You know saying things like, "nice to see you with you pants on". Which end up being national mainstream news. Oh but he says "nothing to see here, non story".

Gross get real. 

5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Plus is he still talking to young juniors inappropriately? You know saying things like, "nice to see you with you pants on". 

Without wanting to stick up for Gary Woodham; he is "all mouth and no trousers."

As the saying goes. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Without wanting to stick up for Gary Woodham; he is "all mouth and no trousers."

As the saying goes. 

How about his mate the Handicapper hes opposite of all mouth, more like no mouth, hangs up on people. 

Usa Network Reaction GIF by Suits

Edited by karrotsishere

You would think HRNZ would learn after the debacle of the handicapping of some of the major races last year eg Invercargill Cup and its back mark and the NZ Cup, but no, they are at it again.

The first race is on April 21!

The timing (and logic) of these decisions is mystifying.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/two-northern-features-to-be-run-as-handicaps/

On 4/2/2023 at 8:35 AM, Turny said:

Whats the feeling about Addington?

On the rare occassions I watch seems very few attend ... glory days over?

I attend most Addington meetings, and in my opinion, I reckon the glory days ended about 25 years ago. Slowly but surely since then, the numbers of average punters (not directly involved with the horses or their connections) attending on-course have decreased year on year. 

• Like 1

Hello cuties, latest update, Im told survey results & forum feedback approx 500 Northern participants, will be shared this week with HRNZ leadership.

There is a feeling of excitement, enthusiam & hope. Wonder if these findings will be made public? And who will be leading - doing the presenting? Guess Cambridge. Gosh could be ackward, pending how its presented. Anyway wish the North luck.

Ps if anyone hears anything further pls sing out. 

Edited by karrotsishere