The Race Place

Heart fibrillations

Rusty

Are these things becoming more common these days, especially in the last couple of years, or have they always been seen in racing to this extent? 

And what causes them? 

Do some trainers experience more than their fair share? 

Asking for a friend that did their money cold, on a suspected case in race 6 at Addington tonight. 

Cheers. 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:49 PM, Rusty said:

Are these things becoming more common these days, especially in the last couple of years, or have they always been seen in racing to this extent? 

And what causes them? 

Do some trainers experience more than their fair share? 

Asking for a friend that did their money cold, on a suspected case in race 6 at Addington tonight. 

Cheers. 

From a purely punting perspective, the trainers of that horse seem to experience large variations in performance.

And if I am being morbid, after last year when they had a run of deaths, at least the horse on Friday got off the track. The report into those deaths cleared everything so nothing to be seen!

Edited by Happy Sunrise

And another one today. 

Same trainers. 

DELIGHTFUL CHIC - commenced to weaken from the 350m hampering trailing runners and contacted a track marker near the 220m. When questioned Driver J Dickie could offer no explanation for the disappointing run. A post-race veterinary examination revealed no abnormality. Stewards will follow up with connections in the coming days.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:11 PM, Rusty said:

And another one today. 

Same trainers. 

DELIGHTFUL CHIC - commenced to weaken from the 350m hampering trailing runners and contacted a track marker near the 220m. When questioned Driver J Dickie could offer no explanation for the disappointing run. A post-race veterinary examination revealed no abnormality. Stewards will follow up with connections in the coming days.

Hola Rusty,

Hearing the owners got a txt or email not long prior race, about how well the horse was & was expected to do well. Sad really. Hopefully their horse is ok. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

These trainers seem to have more than their fair share of horses dropping out of races about 400m out from home, having done bugger all work (if any) during the race. 

Unlucky. 

I can't recall other trainers having this happening multiple times. Especially when the horses are not racing in a fresh state. It's very unlucky indeed. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 8:51 PM, Rusty said:

These trainers seem to have more than their fair share of horses dropping out of races about 400m out from home, having done bugger all work (if any) during the race. 

Unlucky. 

I can't recall other trainers having this happening multiple times. Especially when the horses are not racing in a fresh state. It's very unlucky indeed. 

I wonder if the trainers feel the need to start x amount of horses or somehow feel pressure or maybe just dont see obvious signs.

I def dont think any weird ness or cheating going on. Im more starting to think some of these horses simply shouldnt be starting. 

Iv been told about 1 recent 1 for eg.

Ran not long ago last by a country mile. Came back with some sort of virus. Then they went ahead & started the horse again a week later. Only for same thing to happen it dropped out dramatically. I just checked stripes report & yes a health issue (nothing to do with heart health). And stood down pending a vet clearance.

Edited by karrotsishere