The Race Place

Pukekohe

Blind Squirrel

On 6/16/2020 at 3:50 PM, mardigras said:

Can someone explain how we have managed to get all those entries for a 2100m race? I was informed that unless a horse was kept in work, it would take longer than 8 weeks to get a horse ready for a race 2000m+.

What's the story. Are they all using the race as a training exercise?

I see there are 18 in the mdn 2060 at Wanganui and they had to split the hwt 2060. Maybe NZ trainers can get them fit for a middle distance in that timeframe?

On 6/18/2020 at 9:59 PM, Hesi said:

I understand they already take 150 mil litres per day, and have invoked emergency powers that allow for another 15 million litres

On Thursday 18th June our total water storage is: 43.80%

The historical average for this time of year is: 78.43%

Dams are considered empty at 15%

Currently using 408 million litres per day, half of that on the Counties track by the sound of things:classic_rolleyes:

Was reading a bit about this today. There was an RNZ article as well. Quote below. I guess the question is when do we give up on supplying water to Auckland from other regions?

Sood says some of the projections - and even changes that are already happening - raise questions about when to adapt, and when to call it a day.

“You can’t fight a huge force of nature. It doesn’t really care what you think… You could try to do as much adaptation as you like but sooner or later we [may] have to give up on certain regions. It’s a question of how much you wish to invest at present.”