The Race Place

Pukekohe

Blind Squirrel

6 minutes ago, barryb said:

How the fark can it be a heavy 11? barely rained for 2 months.

I would guess that they have been bombed with noms and cant cope, track wont be able to handle 2 days in a row if they do Sat & Sun.

Or they have run out of money already?.

Have they been irrigating. Nothing on the website about that.

45 minutes ago, barryb said:

Fields are now up, look nice even large fields

11 races.

Can someone explain how we have managed to get all those entries for a 2100m race? I was informed that unless a horse was kept in work, it would take longer than 8 weeks to get a horse ready for a race 2000m+.

What's the story. Are they all using the race as a training exercise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Can someone explain how we have managed to get all those entries for a 2100m race? I was informed that unless a horse was kept in work, it would take longer than 8 weeks to get a horse ready for a race 2000m+.

I have a sure fire way to not lose any money on this race. Will only back those starting within 14 days of their last race, stats prove it. 

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Doesn't matter if they are fit or unfit somebody will win it.

1 minute ago, ngakonui grass said:

Doesn't matter if they are fit or unfit somebody will win it.

If one of them can make it to the finish line? I was told that racing wouldn't be able to have any 2000m+ races as there would be no horses ready to race in early July. Lucky we are racing in middle June instead.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

Come on Mardi, you should know that a lot of bs gets talked in the racing I industry 

12 minutes ago, mardigras said:

If one of them can make it to the finish line? I was told that racing wouldn't be able to have any 2000m+ races as there would be no horses ready to race in early July. Lucky we are racing in middle June instead.

Have you been taking advice from NZTR employees again? They supposedly surveyed 300 trainers after their first attempt at ringing 56 of them didn't look sensible when they came out with the first July programme. Now they have enough noms for two meetings with no further northern meeting for 2 weeks? And a lot of horses not nominated because they seem to have concocted a H11 at Counties in the middle of a drought and many don't want to flatten horses fresh up in those conditions. The incompetence is mind-boggling when they had little else to do for weeks but get this right.

11 hours ago, curious said:

Have you been taking advice from NZTR employees again? They supposedly surveyed 300 trainers after their first attempt at ringing 56 of them didn't look sensible when they came out with the first July programme. Now they have enough noms for two meetings with no further northern meeting for 2 weeks? And a lot of horses not nominated because they seem to have concocted a H11 at Counties in the middle of a drought and many don't want to flatten horses fresh up in those conditions. The incompetence is mind-boggling when they had little else to do for weeks but get this right.

Ah well, just wait till they get to flog off Avondale,   that'll sort the H 11 at Counties for sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freda said:

Ah well, just wait till they get to flog off Avondale,   that'll sort the H 11 at Counties for sure.

they are incompetent..should have used Ruakaka for the resumption -or at lest the late June meetings, and offered travel subsidies if required

I understand they already take 150 mil litres per day, and have invoked emergency powers that allow for another 15 million litres

On Thursday 18th June our total water storage is: 43.80%

The historical average for this time of year is: 78.43%

Dams are considered empty at 15%

Currently using 408 million litres per day, half of that on the Counties track by the sound of things:classic_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Hesi said:

I understand they already take 150 mil litres per day, and have invoked emergency powers that allow for another 15 million litres

On Thursday 18th June our total water storage is: 43.80%

The historical average for this time of year is: 78.43%

Dams are considered empty at 15%

Currently using 408 million litres per day, half of that on the Counties track by the sound of things:classic_rolleyes:

I lived in Melbourne for 10 years - I think 43.8% is not bad. They were at times at levels around 30% over there and as low as 27%

Must be strange for a place like Auckland which typically has the second worst climate in NZ - second only to Palmerston North.