The Race Place

The Ashes

Hesi

Sat up till 3 and watched it.  So pleased I did, almost called it quits when the 9th wicket fell.

A few comments

What a hero Jack Leach is, and only scored 1 run!, yet never looked in danger

What a find Jofra Archer is, he is pretty capable with a bat too

Aussie succumbed to pressure(choked) in those last few overs.  2 difficult catches in the outfield not taken, Lyon's fumble cost a certain run out and victory and The Ashes, the review for lbw on the ball that well pitched outside leg was poor captaincy and cost them an over or so later, when they had no more reviews left on Stokes lbw when they were 1 run behind.

• Like 1

At the start of this Test I couldn't decide who I wanted to win ..on the basis that cheats shouldn't prosper I wanted Warner's mob to lose; but I certainly didn't want the Poms to do a repeat of the Stokes heroics from Lord's. Still...it was an epic match, and the best result ..Ashes still up for grabs! Stokes scored only 29 off his first 100 balls and then scored run-a-ball...loved the courage and timing and never-say-die attitude. Arise, Sir Ben(jamin) ... you deserve a knighthood. To do what he's done on the biggest stage in two formats of the game within six weeks defies belief.

Edited by Maximus

• 2 weeks later...