The Race Place

The Ashes

Hesi

A picture of the sandpaper section at a Birmingham hardware store, Mitre 10 style.

Unfortunately Steve Smith answered them in the best way possible.

It still makes me want to puke though, when I see that video of him breaking down and sobbing

sandpaper.jpg

The Prick should have been banned for life, along with his mate, and never sullied the Baggy Greens again. Im not a cricket fan but when I see him smiling on the telly I wonder what the next generation of young Aussie cricketers must think when their top batsman can "cheat" blatantly' on the World stage and be reinstated into the National team. Great message that sends out.  Mind you its Straya we are talking about here, biggest bunch of cheating, racist pricks on the planet . There , whoo I feel better now.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, Hesi said:

Definitely some very anti views on here towards Smith and Warner.

One thing that surprises me, is that great Australian cricketers like Ponting and Steve Waugh, have so much to do with the team, with them still present 

Like I said Hesi, this is Straya we are talking about. They are all tarred with the same brush over there. Not a smidgen of integrity to be seen. 

Onto Lords next Wed 10 pm

Forecast looks okay, how would you like to be in London in August, with not a care in the world for 5 days, catch the tube each morning to St John's Wood, several pints after play has finished, instead of this crap NZ weather

Setting up nicely this one. Aussies in it a bit more than the market would suggest (Eng 1.3) imo, England bat last and having to bat twice yet in any case is more of a curse than a blessing for either of these teams.

Set fair for a bit of sun now, fascinating first session coming up tonight, be a big boost for whoever can come out on top of it.

2 edged sword Virgil

In winning the toss, and with the conditions likely to mean lots of sideways movement, England had to put Aus into bat, and it paid off, with a relatively low score of 179.

But Aus have the best spinner, and bowling last on a wearing wicket that would take turn, is ideal for Aus.

If England need more than 200 in their last innings to win, then Lyon will exert huge pressure

Might struggle into the 4th day, from Cricinfo

The hopeless total of 67 was the lowest ever for a Test match at Headingley, "beating" the 87 England scored in 1909. It was also England's lowest total against Australia since its 52 against Don Bradman's team in 1948 - a whopping 71 years ago.

203 to get with 7 wickets in hand

Sounds gettable, but the history of test cricket, says it is impossible.  But 1981 at this very same ground, suggests nothing is impossible.

I see some fan last night with a Botham 149 tee shirt.

Went to Headingley once(the heart of Yorkshire cricket, Geoffrey Boycott etc etc), the intense and knowledgeable comments from the crowd, were an eye opener

Sat up till 3 and watched it.  So pleased I did, almost called it quits when the 9th wicket fell.

A few comments

What a hero Jack Leach is, and only scored 1 run!, yet never looked in danger

What a find Jofra Archer is, he is pretty capable with a bat too

Aussie succumbed to pressure(choked) in those last few overs.  2 difficult catches in the outfield not taken, Lyon's fumble cost a certain run out and victory and The Ashes, the review for lbw on the ball that well pitched outside leg was poor captaincy and cost them an over or so later, when they had no more reviews left on Stokes lbw when they were 1 run behind.