The Race Place

Fixed Odds Quinellas and Trifectas

Hesi

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

I see they have finally arrived, be interesting to see how they stack up versus the tote divs

Well on rougher runners, looking at some quotes, I'd say they stack up abysmally.

1st race at Trentham has essentially 1000 trifecta combinations possible. So even if allowing for 20% profit built in, the prices would be expected to average out at around $800. 

I entered a straight trifecta of the 3 outsiders from longest price in. Offer was $1501. So they are suggesting the 3 outsiders straight in a trifecta is about half the chance of happening compared to the average of any combination. That's shit.

And the three outsiders in the Auckland Cup - $4000. Three runners they give about a 1% chance, all running top 3. 

It would cost $4080 to take the field/field/field combination - and none of the outcomes would return a profit.

Not for me. Who knows, for favoured runners, may be better. But we are talking about the TAB here so not likely.

• Thanks 1