The Race Place

Rangiora 25/4

ngakonui grass

R3 #8     Ideal Grace.              Never got a crack at them in straight this course 18/4.With a clearer run should be there or thereabouts

R4 #9     Westburn Bliss         Always close up .If it can overcome draw sure to be close again

R8 #4    Bettor Beontoit         Going ok without looking like winning.Won't take much to see it in the money

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

R3 #8     Ideal Grace.              Never got a crack at them in straight this course 18/4.With a clearer run should be there or thereabouts

R4 #9     Westburn Bliss         Always close up .If it can overcome draw sure to be close again

R8 #4    Bettor Beontoit         Going ok without looking like winning.Won't take much to see it in the money

I can't see anything today. Those super short races will be an eyeopener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngakonui grass said:

What criterea  do you think they will they use to decide if its successful or not?

They won't use any criteria as I think they are just trying to create a different spectacle and I severely doubt they are trying to increase turnover by it.

Anyway, 90% of punters won't even realise the race is over 1390m and most again wouldn't even consider the difference between 2000m and 2600m races for horses so I doubt it will have an impact people's betting habits.

Today's novelty distance is more in line with Addington's 2400m (lottery being so close to a bend) stand whereas the mile / 1700 stand racing at Methven is something which is much more considered and with a view to the long term. Personally, I like inventiveness of what Methven does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

They (short races) were good to watch.

Imagine having 370m races at Methven. Starting start, the length of the straight. What a dash. Might replace the greyhounds...

12 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Only disappointment backed Pay Me Visa.

Did you utter "where's the line...where's the line...where's the bloody line..."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Does Archman's trainer travel up to Chch every week?

Has a zoom meeting with the horse I imagine. 

13 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Your 2nd point ....  Interesting to say the least!

And Friendly Eyre in Race 2. I am expecting vastly improved performances from both of them. A Hoffman double is 156 to 1 on the FF but it is not beyond the realm.